[Today at 06:37:13 AM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by 1SE
[Today at 03:36:17 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Epperson vs Froling  (Read 6037 times)

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
Re: Epperson vs Froling
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2018, 01:10:03 PM »
Froling IMO is not a Major D1 player.
 1. He is not very skilled or talented.
 2. Even worse be is historically soft.
  IMO no way he plays over Ike next yr and ive never seen Ike play, yet the term hustle has been repeatedly used with Ike.  I have yet to be inclined to combine Froling n hustle in the same thought. 
Add Joey, morrow and Ike to next years roster and he is 13th man on the roster with a wide margin between 12 and 13.
His 6 minutes last night were a disaster.  I think both parties would be better off with him moving to other pastures
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2018, 01:21:01 PM »
Next year , with the exact amount of practice time and games played, Ike will be considered a red shirt freshman.  Harry is technically a sophomore.  From an experience standpoint, he is the equivalent of a red shirt freshman.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2018, 01:26:33 PM »
I won't get into the debate about how we should define a "typical" freshman or sophomore... :-\

The only things that really matter at this point are how much they're contributing now, and how much they will improve over time. Right now, Epperson (6.3 ppg in 11.2 mpg) is contributing more in fewer minutes than Froling (3.1 ppg in 14.3 mpg). And while we don't know what the future holds, they have three more years to work with Epperson, while we have only two to work with Froling.

I hope Harry surprises us with a breakout season next year. But if I'm betting on who ends up with the more productive college career, I'd have to put my money on Epperson. And I will be thrilled if Harry proves me wrong...

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2018, 06:57:36 PM »
  IMO no way he plays over Ike next yr and ive never seen Ike play, yet the term hustle has been repeatedly used with Ike.  I have yet to be inclined to combine Froling n hustle in the same thought. 
Add Joey, morrow and Ike to next years roster and he is 13th man on the roster with a wide margin between 12 and 13.
His 6 minutes last night were a disaster.  I think both parties would be better off with him moving to other pastures
You might want to watch Ike play before making statements like “no way HF plays over Ike next year.”

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2018, 10:03:47 PM »

I expected more from Harry this year. He hasn't been a big contributor to date and has been wildly inconsistent.

That said, he leads the team in both offensive rebounding percentage (10.1%) and defensive rebounding percentage (21.5%). Turnovers are a concern. But he's also fourth on the team in assist percentage (14.4%), ahead of Sacar and Greg. With his size and strength, and another summer to develop his game, he could play a significant role next season.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2018, 10:31:52 PM »
"Kaminsky is a bust. Best he move on."

-- What some of our Scoopers would have said if they were F%ckyScoopers at pretty much any point during Kaminsky's first 2 years in F%ckyLand.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2018, 11:32:48 PM »
I'll be interested to see how the medical red shirt request goes. I've got to think the NCAA is going to think he needs to lose a year of eligibility because of the transfer, but hopefully he can get the red shirt.

The impacy of the injury definitely does set Harry back, but I still think hes got an advantage over pretty much all freshmen in the league. Joey will be a RS freshman next year, because he's referring this year after electing to graduate early. He'll be better off than all the true freshmen because of his head start this year, but he'll be a bit behind other RS freshmen. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

What are the two of you talking about?  Harry is not eligible for a Medical Hardship Waiver in either season. 
This is his Soph season, following a mid year transfer.  There is no more to it than that.

As for his contribution, we all hoped for more.  Right now Matt and Theo are playing more because they are playing better.  This does not mean Harry won't ever amount to anything at MU.  It is not time to part ways or give up on him.  He just needs to get better.  I'll continue to pull for him.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2018, 11:40:39 PM »
What are the two of you talking about?  Harry is not eligible for a Medical Hardship Waiver in either season. 
This is his Soph season, following a mid year transfer.  There is no more to it than that.

As for his contribution, we all hoped for more.  Right now Matt and Theo are playing more because they are playing better.  This does not mean Harry won't ever amount to anything at MU.  It is not time to part ways or give up on him.  He just needs to get better.  I'll continue to pull for him.

Unless there is a new rule I am unaware of, I don't see why he wouldn't qualify.  He played in 10 games, less than 30% of the season.  When he left SMU he was injured, and unable to participate in any activities at MU because of the injury.

Other players have transferred midseason, after playing in part of the season before being injured and received a hardship waiver. 

Have rules changed since then?  I know it has been granted as recently as 2012.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2018, 09:22:21 AM »
He also scored 15 against Benji State.  He's averaging 14.5 over his last two games!!
The bulk of Epperson's points against use came on exploiting a broken defense that other teams abused as well. 

The quest for a 10/10 guy continues.  (We may have one on the team now, but they haven't emerged yet)
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2018, 09:52:21 AM »
Epperson got abused on the boards, which is why he only played 5 minutes in the 2nd half despite providing an offensive spark. I believe MU had 5 offensive rebounds during Epperson's 5 minutes in the 2nd half. That being said, I'd take him over Froling.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2018, 10:16:51 AM »

Very reasonable, calm assessment.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2018, 10:43:59 AM »
Very reasonable, calm assessment.

Agreed, Harry needs a whole summer to work into his new body.  Harry seems to look confused out there and needs a confidence boast.  I am sure his whole life
prior to college he was the man, at 2 programs now he is not the man.  I am sure he is questioning his ability.  I can see a big jump for him next year.  He has worked
hard on his being, has potential.  Lets hope he can take the same jump as Sacar, who really have come on lately.