[Today at 02:32:03 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Andrew Yang POTUS Candidate - "Self-Driving Cars Will Cause Riots In The Street"  (Read 16502 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Can I start a thread about the Russian curling doper?  Or Arbys?

jesmu84

• All American
Okay, I'll do it again then.  You know what the real lack of class is? You messing up my long weekend with BS! Stop disrespecting our rules.

Nice

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Me after popping into this thread briefly.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

warriorchick

• All American
Come on, Rocky!

JUST DO IT!!!
Have some patience, FFS.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
I'm not defending Heisy here, and I agree with you.  I would like nothing more on 'Scoop than to see the politics stop.

But, unless there's something posted elsewhere that I don't know about, the "rule" stated on the pinned thread is:  "Anything political posted here will be swiftly removed, and if you violate the rule too frequently, you'll find yourself without a place to post."

Respectfully, if you have a rule that is only kind of enforced, you honestly shouldn't be terribly surprised that people violate it  (and that is not a reference to selective or biased enforcement).  The rule, as posted, is a strict prohibition.  The rule, as applied, is politics is allowed until it goes to far.  What could go wrong?

1. We do our best.

2. The problem is when threads don't start political.  There's a Facebook thread that starts normal, than goes awry.  Is the Foreign Disinformation thread political?  It can be, let's see .. oh, crap, there we go.   School shootings?  Close that down right away?  UW free tuition?

I haven't had enough Arby's in my lifetime yet, so I'm still hopeful we can talk about these things like gentlemen. 

StillAWarrior

• All American
1. We do our best.

2. The problem is when threads don't start political.  There's a Facebook thread that starts normal, than goes awry.  Is the Foreign Disinformation thread political?  It can be, let's see .. oh, crap, there we go.   School shootings?  Close that down right away?  UW free tuition?

I haven't had enough Arby's in my lifetime yet, so I'm still hopeful we can talk about these things like gentlemen.

I know you do, Rocky, and I appreciate it.  That said, there are a lot of threads that start overtly political, and many more that are thinly veiled political from the outset.  I absolutely appreciate and respect your eternal desire to trust people to discuss things like adults.  I question the wisdom...but I appreciate and respect it.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Yep, new guidelines:  If MU82 or Tugg open a non-basketball thread, it will be locked instantly. 

Even if it's about Arby's, which cannot be discussed enough.
I heard Arby's voted third party this last election cycle...

*runs away*
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
I heard Arby's voted third party this last election cycle...

*runs away*

Damn Russian influence

MU82

• All American
Yep, new guidelines:  If MU82 or Tugg open a non-basketball thread, it will be locked instantly. 

Even if it's about Arby's, which cannot be discussed enough.

Well, that's not fair. My posts about religion, for example, have led to some excellent conversations. But whatevs. Certainly not gonna lose sleep over stuff in ScoopLand.

And unlike some, I won't beg for others to get shut down or banned. Unlike Smuggles, I don't need people to recognize me as a genius; I just like to chat about interesting stuff with people I respect.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
About 5 beef n cheddars will clear that feeling of unfairness up.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Well, that's not fair. My posts about religion, for example, have led to some excellent conversations. But whatevs. Certainly not gonna lose sleep over stuff in ScoopLand.

And unlike some, I won't beg for others to get shut down or banned. Unlike Smuggles, I don't need people to recognize me as a genius; I just like to chat about interesting stuff with people I respect.

You like to make snarly unnecessary political remarks.  See your childish remark in the Russian Doping thread that got it shut down.  Totally unnecessary and something you constantly do.  Just stop.

I'm done with political talk here as long as the mods are serious about shutting it down.  But if they do not, I will not let your wacko views go unchallenged.

jesmu84

• All American
You like to make snarly unnecessary political remarks.  See your childish remark in the Russian Doping thread that got it shut down.  Totally unnecessary and something you constantly do.  Just stop.

I'm done with political talk here as long as the mods are serious about shutting it down.  But if they do not, I will not let your wacko views go unchallenged.

Personal attacks like this are also against the rules. I assume "mentally unstable" and other similar phrases would fall under that umbrella as well.

tower912

• All American

Should we let your wacko views go unchallenged?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Should we let your wacko views go unchallenged?

No, and your wacko views should not go unchallenged either,  That is why I'm done with them as long as the political talk is truly banned.

I understand why it should be banned ... in the end it is all selected true facts to support an opinion.  Everyone does it that way.  And, in the end, it is not productive and is merely yelling at each other.  No one is ever going to change their mind if it is a yelling contest.

So, I agree to end it, as long as everyone else can move on.

feedback