collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What Are You Watching in 2019 (or re-watching)???  (Read 116847 times)

LloydsLegs

• All American
Re: What Are You Watching in 2019 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #400 on: October 08, 2019, 03:37:00 PM »
Peaky.  unnatural carnal knowledgeing.  Blinders.

IS BACK.

First 2 episodes brutal (in a good way).

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #401 on: October 08, 2019, 06:04:44 PM »
I hated hated hated that special.  I am a Chappelle fan, but about halfway through that special all I could think was "OK, I get it.  Now how 'bout you tell a flippin' joke?"  I actually quit watching it.  I also like Burr and while I didn't think his recent special was his best work, he made his point about PC culture/woke people and then moved on and started doing jokes.

Wow, CT. This sounds exactly like the post I was going to write. I never made it even half way through Chappelle. When you say "I also like Burr and while I didn't think his recent special was his best work", that is basically word for word what I was thinking.

The Great Depresh on HBO is head and shoulders over what Chappelle and Burr did.

Be funny, be clever, or be insightful. I thought Chappelle and Burr failed at all three.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #402 on: October 08, 2019, 11:18:10 PM »
Cannot wait until the Richard Jewel movie to come out...December.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #403 on: October 09, 2019, 10:18:53 AM »
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but Ray Donovan on Showtime is a great show. 

Agree with Succession and Billions.  Two of my current favorites.

Dropped out of The Good Place in the second season.  Just kinda lost me.

Love a Milllion Little Things and God Friended Me.   

MU82

• All American
« Reply #404 on: October 09, 2019, 12:14:10 PM »
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but Ray Donovan on Showtime is a great show. 

Been watching Ray Donovan since it started. The situations get ridiculous sometimes, but in general we really like it. Very good acting overall, especially the Mickey and Bunchy characters. Liev overacts sometimes, but he's obviously talented.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #405 on: October 13, 2019, 09:25:20 PM »
Bravo Succession. I told my wife that was a Judas kiss, even knowing some turn was coming, it was great. Jeremy Strong should clear off his mantle for an Emmy. I miss this show already.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #406 on: October 13, 2019, 10:23:29 PM »
El Camino was fine.   A nice long episode.  Glad I watched.  Didn’t need it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #407 on: October 14, 2019, 04:28:12 PM »
Bravo Succession. I told my wife that was a Judas kiss, even knowing some turn was coming, it was great. Jeremy Strong should clear off his mantle for an Emmy. I miss this show already.

Saw the kiss, it was perfect, knew the murder was coming it was still great.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #408 on: October 14, 2019, 08:53:45 PM »
Holy hell, Ken has been working this since Greg told him he knew things and he should keep him around on the season 1 finale.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #409 on: October 14, 2019, 10:26:08 PM »
Holy hell, Ken has been working this since Greg told him he knew things and he should keep him around on the season 1 finale.

Yeah, that’s some next level smart writing. When I saw Greg get on the helicopter with Kendall, I thought they were working together. The entire Greg/Kendall dynamic this season takes on an interesting meaning when you look back on the season now.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #410 on: October 15, 2019, 08:24:24 AM »
I love Courtney on the new Below Deck Med
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #411 on: October 15, 2019, 08:26:04 AM »
I love Courtney on the new Below Deck Med

Didn't watch last nights episode yet, so does she do something interesting or is this a, um, evaluation of what you see?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

🏀

• All American
« Reply #412 on: October 15, 2019, 08:34:44 AM »
Yeah, that’s some next level smart writing. When I saw Greg get on the helicopter with Kendall, I thought they were working together. The entire Greg/Kendall dynamic this season takes on an interesting meaning when you look back on the season now.

Add in that E9, all three kids hit home runs, then Shiv and Rome get soft (saving Tom and asking about being able to talk about things), Kendall was low key. I feel like we got robbed not getting to see Gregory's testimony, hoping that's a featurette one day.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #413 on: October 15, 2019, 08:41:02 AM »

I’ve handled the Showtime relationship for years, been in on both shows since the start along with Shameless and others.  Had the fortune of meeting cast members.  Fun people, great shows.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #414 on: October 15, 2019, 11:36:38 AM »

And frankly it was a total setup by Logan.  He knows the only way the proxy vote is going his way is if he is gone.  And the only way that is going to happen is if he sets it up, as he did.  He knew/hoped Kendall had the gumption to do what he did.  It was part of the reason he paid Kendall's gal no attention.  He wanted to piss of Kendall.  I think Logan has it all going on and drove the bus...the talk about not having the ability to go for the kill, etc....

🏀

• All American
« Reply #415 on: October 15, 2019, 12:41:56 PM »
And frankly it was a total setup by Logan.  He knows the only way the proxy vote is going his way is if he is gone.  And the only way that is going to happen is if he sets it up, as he did.  He knew/hoped Kendall had the gumption to do what he did.  It was part of the reason he paid Kendall's gal no attention.  He wanted to piss of Kendall.  I think Logan has it all going on and drove the bus...the talk about not having the ability to go for the kill, etc....

I like this

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #416 on: October 15, 2019, 03:57:35 PM »
Didn't watch last nights episode yet, so does she do something interesting or is this a, um, evaluation of what you see?

No, she is very chill

Personality and looks. Love her! (So far)

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #417 on: October 16, 2019, 11:21:22 AM »
Feels like it's already midseason. Kate's pissed at the chef, Courtney doesn't want to be there, and Ashton is openly making moves on a direct report.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #418 on: October 16, 2019, 01:24:57 PM »
I just finished Unbelievable on Netflix. True story and disturbing to see how the system often fails women who come forward with accusations of sexual assault.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #419 on: October 16, 2019, 03:24:24 PM »
I just finished Unbelievable on Netflix. True story and disturbing to see how the system often fails women who come forward with accusations of sexual assault.

Sure. But what about those whose lives/reputations are ruined by false allegations from those seeking revenge or a Payday?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #420 on: October 16, 2019, 04:26:38 PM »
Feels like it's already midseason. Kate's pissed at the chef, Courtney doesn't want to be there, and Ashton is openly making moves on a direct report.

Yeah first charter and the wheels are coming off.....SO GOOD

And for the record any time I need to take a significant $hit I'm going to call it taking a Mr. Dobson

Also I'm so excited for the lady in white.....she reminds me of a couple of folks I knew at MU
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #421 on: October 16, 2019, 05:15:17 PM »
Sure. But what about those whose lives/reputations are ruined by false allegations from those seeking revenge or a Payday?

C’mon, Jes. Don’t even joke about this and give crazy Chico a chance to take over the thread.  :-[

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #422 on: October 16, 2019, 06:19:35 PM »
Yeah first charter and the wheels are coming off.....SO GOOD

And for the record any time I need to take a significant $hit I'm going to call it taking a Mr. Dobson

The sounds coming from the toilet were amazing. Great stuff

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #423 on: October 16, 2019, 06:36:31 PM »
Anybody watch that show Big Mouths? I don't know wtf I just watched but it had its moments
Maigh Eo for Sam

🏀

• All American
« Reply #424 on: October 16, 2019, 06:46:28 PM »
Anybody watch that show Big Mouths? I don't know wtf I just watched but it had its moments

Really good.