[September 20, 2024, 07:45:48 PM]

Big East 2024 -25 Results by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 06:05:27 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by MU82
[September 20, 2024, 12:31:28 PM]

Excellent Mr Dodds Interview with Ben Gold by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 08:52:59 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Rowsey Injury  (Read 34620 times)

cheebs09

• All American
Re: Rowsey Injury
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2017, 11:22:16 AM »
I thought the hit to the head might have knocked him woozy and that was the whole thing. Never saw him limping at all. Were they looking at the knee/leg?

That’s what I initially thought as well. In the stadium, I thought he may have been concussed. I was surprised they didn’t review an elbow to the head.

I didn’t realize he had anything wrong with his leg until he was limping on his way to the tunnel.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2017, 11:28:37 AM »
Dodds said on his board "the worry is about the knee"

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2017, 11:32:24 AM »
Dodds said on his board "the worry is about the knee"

I took it as a good sign he walked out under his own power in uniform. I figured he’d either be in street clothes and crutches or not come back at all if there was a big worry. Although, the public comments seem to show there is still some worry.

geagles10

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2017, 11:39:19 AM »
I took it as a good sign he walked out under his own power in uniform. I figured he’d either be in street clothes and crutches or not come back at all if there was a big worry. Although, the public comments seem to show there is still some worry.

If I remember correctly, philly eagles qb Carson Wentz walked off the field with minimal difficulty with a ACL injury.  I have a bad feeling on this one....

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2017, 11:46:49 AM »
If I remember correctly, philly eagles qb Carson Wentz walked off the field with minimal difficulty with a ACL injury.  I have a bad feeling on this one....

I get that. Same with Brady. However, this is after he went to the locker room and had his knee examined a little bit. Maybe they didn’t do much of an examination and I’m just grasping at straws. I’ve heard it’s relatively easy to tell if an ACL is torn from a quick evaluation, but it takes time for the MRI to confirm.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2017, 11:57:59 AM »
An ACL tear usually comes with perceptible looseness when pressure is applied medially. Usually.  My guess is the staff would have wrapped the knee, at least, if that had been noticed.  But there are LCLs and MCLs to worry about here too.  In any case, that he could put weight on it and walk without difficulty is good, but might not be "basketball good".

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2017, 11:59:22 AM »
I get that. Same with Brady. However, this is after he went to the locker room and had his knee examined a little bit. Maybe they didn’t do much of an examination and I’m just grasping at straws. I’ve heard it’s relatively easy to tell if an ACL is torn from a quick evaluation, but it takes time for the MRI to confirm.

Doc followed him to the locker room and then Andrew came back in a bit. Hoping for a sprain like Vander in Maui. Similar type of play, IIRC.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2017, 12:00:12 PM »
0% chance there are any torn ligaments.  I know a doctor for a professional sports team and he once examined me for a torn ACL.  Long story short, they would know immediately and he would NOT be in his jersey on the bench.  Rowsey will be fine, likely back for X.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2017, 12:01:24 PM »
I’m just nervous that we haven’t heard anything yet...If everything was good to go, you would think they would announce it as soon as they could...

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2017, 12:01:34 PM »
No way it was an ACL.  Having done 3 of them (yes, one twice) I can confirm that it's like getting kicked in the balls by an elephant.  No, I'd rather get kicked in the balls by an elephant.  Rowsey wasn't in that kind of pain.  Either an ankle or the bop to the head shook him up. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

geagles10

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2017, 12:03:02 PM »
0% chance there are any torn ligaments.  I know a doctor for a professional sports team and he once examined me for a torn ACL.  Long story short, they would know immediately and he would NOT be in his jersey on the bench.  Rowsey will be fine, likely back for X.

I am a physician, and yes the exam is specific if positive, but for sure not sensitive if negative.  It is reassuring they let him walk back to the bench though, that is what I am hanging my hopes on that this isn't season ending.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2017, 12:21:54 PM »
Looks happy in this picture. Of course he’s standing next to Wade and Crowder but it doesn’t look like a guy who thinks his college career may be over.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2017, 12:32:17 PM »
Looks happy in this picture. Of course he’s standing next to Wade and Crowder but it doesn’t look like a guy who thinks his college career may be over.

Kinda random that so many MU alumni are involved with the Cavs.
Maigh Eo for Sam

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2017, 12:33:07 PM »
NEED UPDATE.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2017, 12:36:44 PM »
Just chill guys.  We will know by Thursday.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2017, 12:40:04 PM »
I will feel better if Nd when I hear that the injury is no more than a minor sprain or less and that he will be back at least for the Georgetown game next week.

But, after seeing Yovanni Gallardo going back to pitch and then being diagnosed with a torn ACL the next day, I am not comforted by seeing a player walking without much of a limp. Dodds report said Rowsey heard something pop in his leg, and that doesn’t sound good.

MU is on a thin margin already with only 9 scholarship players, including only 3 guards and 3 legitimate scoring threats. Losing Rowsey for any extended period would be extremely tough to overcome.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2017, 12:45:26 PM »

I’ve seen guys tear their ACL early in a game, and remain in their jersey on the bench the rest of the game. 0% sounds silly, a1na?
The FBI screwed up in Butler, PA.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2017, 12:50:04 PM »
No way it was an ACL.  Having done 3 of them (yes, one twice) I can confirm that it's like getting kicked in the balls by an elephant.  No, I'd rather get kicked in the balls by an elephant.  Rowsey wasn't in that kind of pain.  Either an ankle or the bop to the head shook him up.
There are different kinds of ACL tears.  When I tore mine (at the Rec Center no less), it was just like yours -- excruciating and absolutely required crutches.  But, as referenced below re Gallardo, you can also tear your ACL and simply have a burning sensation that wears off.  Yovani finished pitching his inning with a torn ACL, whereas mine immediately swelled to where I couldn't move the joint.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TFlegend

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2017, 12:53:45 PM »
Yeah, the instant I saw the replay, I cringed.  The "down and in" buckle of the knee is exactly what gets an ACL.  I walked off the field and drove home when I tore mine...didn't really hurt that much.  Doc called me several days later after MRI results were in and told me it was ACL tear.  Crushing news to get at work.

Dear God...let it only be a sprain. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2017, 01:28:03 PM »
I will feel better if Nd when I hear that the injury is no more than a minor sprain or less and that he will be back at least for the Georgetown game next week.

But, after seeing Yovanni Gallardo going back to pitch and then being diagnosed with a torn ACL the next day, I am not comforted by seeing a player walking without much of a limp. Dodds report said Rowsey heard something pop in his leg, and that doesn’t sound good.

MU is on a thin margin already with only 9 scholarship players, including only 3 guards and 3 legitimate scoring threats. Losing Rowsey for any extended period would be extremely tough to overcome.

I saw it reported as feeling "a pull" not a pop on the other board.  If he heard "a pop" that typically signifies an ACL tear, which would be very bad news.  If it was "a pull" that could signify a less serious injury.

Waiting a bit on pins and needles.  This would be as significant as an injury as D. James...except this time we'd be going from a fringe tournament team, to clearly out, instead of going from possible final four team to solid tournament team.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2017, 01:32:42 PM »
Dickie Simpkins wasn't even in the Bradley Center last night. Talk about things that bug people.

All them black announcers sound the same,aina.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2017, 01:32:53 PM »
There are different kinds of ACL tears.  When I tore mine (at the Rec Center no less), it was just like yours -- excruciating and absolutely required crutches.  But, as referenced below re Gallardo, you can also tear your ACL and simply have a burning sensation that wears off.  Yovani finished pitching his inning with a torn ACL, whereas mine immediately swelled to where I couldn't move the joint.

Hey, I tore my ACL at the Rec Center as well! Just posting to back this comment up - there are a lot of ligaments in the knee. The only way to confirm for sure what happened is an MRI. Anyone saying a ZERO percent chance or 100 percent chance of anything relative to knee injuries is full of it. For me, it was excruciating pain immediately. A person I work with finished the soccer game they were playing in, then was diagnosed with a full ACL tear. Sooo it can be different for different people.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2017, 01:42:01 PM »

This is 100% incorrect.

I tore my ACL playing basketball on at lunch on a Monday. My wife, who is a PT of 10 years, didn't think it was an ACL when she looked at it that night. Went to a well known ortho doc she works with and does countless ACLs, he tested everything and thought it was a meniscus tear. I went on a business trip for a couple of days, knee didn't feel right but I could walk without issue and not too much pain. Had an MRI on Friday morning......that afternoon the doc called me on the 7th green to tell me to stop whatever I was doing because the MRI revealed a vaporized ACL, torn meniscus, and an impact injury that might require microfracture to resolve.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2017, 01:46:02 PM »

Was at the game, with a very good view of where he went down and the medical staff tending to him. I thought it was an ankle at first when I saw the action, but they did not even check the ankle, the focus was on the knee.

I hoping(guessing) it isn't an ACL but more likely something like an MCL sprain or a temporary patella displacement (partially or temporarily dislocated knee cap). Who knows, but ACL definitely isn't off the table based on what I saw.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2017, 01:47:03 PM »
This is 100% incorrect.

I tore my ACL playing basketball on at lunch on a Monday. My wife, who is a PT of 10 years, didn't think it was an ACL when she looked at it that night. Went to a well known ortho doc she works with and does countless ACLs, he tested everything and thought it was a meniscus tear. I went on a business trip for a couple of days, knee didn't feel right but I could walk without issue and not too much pain. Had an MRI on Friday morning......that afternoon the doc called me on the 7th green to tell me to stop whatever I was doing because the MRI revealed a vaporized ACL, torn meniscus, and an impact injury that might require microfracture to resolve.

And don't forget Dejuan Blair lost both ACLs due to botched surgeries and played both college and professional basketball with no ACLs.  Depending on the strength of surrounding muscles, the effect of an ACL tear will be different in all people as far as how the initial impact will be felt.

feedback