[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2018 Season  (Read 498461 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: MLB 2018 Season
« Reply #3900 on: October 04, 2018, 12:41:19 PM »
The Red $ox, Cub$ and A$tro$ all have bigger payroll than the Yanks, not to mention the Met$.

Is that correct? I've got the Yankee$ at #6, with the A$tro$ at #9 and the Met$ at #12.

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/

First time in a long time they haven't been top 3.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #3901 on: October 04, 2018, 12:46:47 PM »
Woodruff with the start. Crew goes with 11 pitchers, leaving most of the lefty guys in the clubhouse. Santana and Broxton get the nod. I gotta give Couns and Stearns credit. They studied the analytics because all 25 will play key roles these next handful.  Expect hockey line changes if they advance.

My only fear with this approach (which I support) is CC overmanaging. Things are just different in the NLDS and I hope we can let some guys pitch through some spots and not burn up the pen by throwing a lot of arms out there.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #3902 on: October 04, 2018, 02:06:59 PM »
Times and Networks
https://twitter.com/MLB_PR/status/1047154124914081792

Viewing question - if viewing through youtube.tv, are the games blacked out in home markets? E.g. if i live in MKE and am planning to watch on youtube.tv, is the Brewers game blacked out because I don't have the local fox sports affiliate?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3903 on: October 04, 2018, 02:38:36 PM »
Viewing question - if viewing through youtube.tv, are the games blacked out in home markets? E.g. if i live in MKE and am planning to watch on youtube.tv, is the Brewers game blacked out because I don't have the local fox sports affiliate?

Some programs, like sports events, aren't available in certain geographic locations. These restrictions are set by content owners and vary based on your location, the program you're watching, and more.

Not a definitive answer, but these blackouts are done to protect the local regional network.

I will be very surprised if you are able to view the game at home - you probably will need to hit any local bar to watch it.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #3904 on: October 04, 2018, 03:01:02 PM »
My only fear with this approach (which I support) is CC overmanaging. Things are just different in the NLDS and I hope we can let some guys pitch through some spots and not burn up the pen by throwing a lot of arms out there.

True dat. But bullpenning sure worked in that key game in STL. I'm expecting that Couns has plans for each of these two home games that are situation specific (big lead, close, trailing). Every pitcher on the roster has been lights out lately. Does Freddy potentially pitch today? Helluva opportunity for the kid. Future sure looks  bright with these young kids.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3905 on: October 04, 2018, 03:10:24 PM »
The Red $ox, Cub$ and A$tro$ all have bigger payroll than the Yanks, not to mention the Met$.

OK. You're free to use the $ for them, too.

Don't be insulted by it. Decades ago, I was a yuuuge Yankee fan, and I bragged that my team's owner was willing to outbid all others for talent.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #3906 on: October 04, 2018, 04:36:08 PM »
With the current excitement I have watched a few Brewers games recently on Fox or FS1. When the brewers are home in Milwaukee I admit to noticing the distraction of the brunette cleavage behind the plate in the first row. Is she an owners wife?

I know this is not a very PC post but geeez try a turtleneck, lady I am trying to watch a game
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3907 on: October 04, 2018, 04:44:01 PM »
With the current excitement I have watched a few Brewers games recently on Fox or FS1. When the brewers are home in Milwaukee I admit to noticing the distraction of the brunette cleavage behind the plate in the first row. Is she an owners wife?

I know this is not a very PC post but geeez try a turtleneck, lady I am trying to watch a game

Front Row Amy. She had 15 minutes of fame in 2011 I believe.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3908 on: October 04, 2018, 05:09:34 PM »
Why are teams still pitching to him...?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3909 on: October 04, 2018, 05:11:37 PM »
Why are teams still pitching to him...?
Would you have unintentionally intentionally walked him and put two on?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3910 on: October 04, 2018, 05:14:04 PM »
Would you have unintentionally intentionally walked him and put two on?

If it’s me, yes. The guy is unbelievable.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3911 on: October 04, 2018, 05:17:41 PM »
Generous strike zone today
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3912 on: October 04, 2018, 05:25:50 PM »
If it’s me, yes. The guy is unbelievable.

Yep, take your chances with him on the road lately.  I'm certainly not giving him anything at Miller Park.  He's unconscious.  He's like Griffey in his own video game right now

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3913 on: October 04, 2018, 06:00:06 PM »
Arcia: better tagged than Baez. Discuss.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #3914 on: October 04, 2018, 06:15:33 PM »
I’m wondering if an obstruction call should’ve been made on Desmond with the clear fake tag.

Also, not crazy about Braun’s attitude there, especially when he blew a scoring chance in the first on a bone head play.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #3915 on: October 04, 2018, 06:50:40 PM »
I’m wondering if an obstruction call should’ve been made on Desmond with the clear fake tag.

Also, not crazy about Braun’s attitude there, especially when he blew a scoring chance in the first on a bone head play.

Obstruction is, by definition, obstructing the runner's path to the base.  It might be bush-league (though I think it was just smart baseball) but it's not obstruction.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3916 on: October 04, 2018, 06:54:12 PM »
Only 3 Ks out of 4?  Disappointing.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3917 on: October 04, 2018, 08:23:58 PM »
Big win for a 5 game series. Brewers going down 0-1 there would have been really tough.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3918 on: October 04, 2018, 09:48:35 PM »

She keeps diligent score every game...whata fan😳
don't...don't don't don't don't

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3919 on: October 04, 2018, 11:54:43 PM »
Big win for a 5 game series. Brewers going down 0-1 there would have been really tough.

Huge win, and perhaps more important to end that game in 10. The bullpen game worked brilliantly, and only Soria was unexpectedly used. This game goes to 11, 12 and it's a nightmare scenario that would permeate through the rest of the series

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #3920 on: October 05, 2018, 07:21:01 AM »

I was streaming the game on my phone for my colleagues during a meeting in the Dells last night, so you should be good with a national broadcast. That being said, I have MLB network on my cable package and can log in to watch remotely. Anyone know how to get the game for someone with a Roku on Sunday? Is it on the MLBTV app?

I figured it out. It’s on MLBTV. Also looks like game 4 for is tentative for 8:30 Monday night and game 5, 3:30 Wednesday.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 07:35:07 AM by MUDPT »

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #3921 on: October 05, 2018, 08:31:39 AM »
Well, of course, but they will have to do without Addison for 40 games, unless he is able to appeal and get it reduced or....

or just go straight to rehab??

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/24883798/chicago-cubs-shortstop-addison-russell-suspended-40-games-mlb

It is retroactive to Sept 21st is my understanding, the impact to next year will be about 30 games.  I am not convinced he is back with the team and hope they find a way to get rid of him.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #3922 on: October 05, 2018, 08:32:58 AM »

No, youtube tv is considered cable so it would be exactly like using spectrum or direct tv.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3923 on: October 05, 2018, 09:17:40 AM »

How are things different in the NLDS?  Outside of extra rest days, which opens up more of your pitching staff, why would a manager change up the way he approaches in game decisions during the playoffs?

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #3924 on: October 05, 2018, 09:21:26 AM »

How are things different in the NLDS?  Outside of extra rest days, which opens up more of your pitching staff, why would a manager change up the way he approaches in game decisions during the playoffs?

Main difference is that in the postseason you don't sacrifice today for tomorrow, unless a game is hopelessy out of reach.  You will use a guy who should probably rest, especially bullpen guys.  Guys don't get days off.  If you've got a clear number 1 catcher, he will catch all the games, whereas during the season you give him a day off every week.  Otherwise, you manage to win the game like you always do.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

feedback