collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2018 Season  (Read 499188 times)

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
Re: MLB 2018 Season
« Reply #3550 on: September 26, 2018, 08:23:11 AM »
So anyone know what the betting line is on a St Louis pitcher beaning Yelich today?

Maybe a good time to give Yelich the day off.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #3551 on: September 26, 2018, 08:45:57 AM »
So anyone know what the betting line is on a St Louis pitcher beaning Yelich today?

Go for it.  That'll be the Card's version of 'Your mother wears army boots.'  I won't complain if it's in the butt or thigh.   But if there's any chance of injury, numerous suspensions should be handed down by MLB.  And if the Cards want to go home Sunday, that's a good way to guarantee it.

#MVP
#Crew

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3552 on: September 26, 2018, 08:48:29 AM »

Why? 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3553 on: September 26, 2018, 08:49:25 AM »
Someone explain the Cards' reserve manager's logic to me. The worst Cain will do is double in a run in a game that's already out of control. Why let Yelich just blow the GD lid off

I'm assuming to go lefty v. lefty, but that's ignoring the fact that he hits lefties pretty darn good.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #3554 on: September 26, 2018, 08:52:18 AM »
The Devilbird is playing pretty good ball,  Brother Glow. I would not be so sure!

Go Cards   8-)

I just had to go back a couple pages and refresh this for my friend dgies.   :)

#Crew

(Rivalries are fun, aren't they.)   :)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3555 on: September 26, 2018, 08:54:14 AM »
Things are getting verrrrrry interesting.

After today's games, Brewers get a nice day off while Cubbies will again have to play a Pittsburgh team that has stoned their bats most of the season. Then, while Brewers finish with 3 vs Tigers, Cubbies have to contend with a desperate Cardinals team.

Verrrrrrry interesting.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #3556 on: September 26, 2018, 08:59:00 AM »
I'm assuming to go lefty v. lefty, but that's ignoring the fact that he hits lefties pretty darn good.

It absolutely was but the whole team took it personally.  I wasn't watching but apparently the chatter from the Brewers dugout prior to the at bat was 'classic'.  If you watch the clip, Yeli stood at home plate and watched it prior to his trot while M-V-P chorused down.  Beautiful.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #3557 on: September 26, 2018, 08:59:49 AM »
Why?

Because the Cards are the keepers of the secret rules of baseball that include beaning the best opposing player to send a message to the ump because you were sad about a call that was made the game before. And because Yelich showboated for a nanosecond and that is never to be tolerated. Obvi
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3558 on: September 26, 2018, 09:05:31 AM »
Because the Cards are the keepers of the secret rules of baseball that include beaning the best opposing player to send a message to the ump because you were sad about a call that was made the game before. And because Yelich showboated for a nanosecond and that is never to be tolerated. Obvi

If the pitcher trying to bean him loses control of the ball, it hits Yeli in the head and it kills him ... boy will the Brewers ever have learned their lesson! That'll show them!

Unwritten baseball rules ... yay!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #3559 on: September 26, 2018, 09:21:09 AM »
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #3560 on: September 26, 2018, 09:23:08 AM »

Am I to understand the Brewers would never throw at a guy?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3561 on: September 26, 2018, 09:27:08 AM »

I'm sure you can find exceptions, but the Brewers rarely seem to engage in that nonsense.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #3562 on: September 26, 2018, 09:32:41 AM »

Only the Sith deal in absolutes

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3563 on: September 26, 2018, 09:44:55 AM »
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/christian-yelich-brewers-playoffs

#MVP
#ThisisMyCrew

Loved when he flexed on them and yelled "Let's go!" into the dugout after that triple last night.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3564 on: September 26, 2018, 09:48:48 AM »
Can't Molina just spit on him instead?  That's Ok in the Big Book of Cardinal Rules.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #3565 on: September 26, 2018, 09:51:30 AM »
Only the Sith deal in absolutes

So in other words, of course they have and will do it again.

I think this stuff gets hung around the Cardinals neck a lot, but all teams participate.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3566 on: September 26, 2018, 09:52:51 AM »

I saw Cain hits lefties at .380. However, I’d probably take my chances with Cain since it is most likely a single or double if he gets a hit.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3567 on: September 26, 2018, 09:54:31 AM »
True dat.  And now the Cards are absolutely battling for their life.  And while most of us focus on the games here in the midwest, the fact that the NL West is totally up for grabs and the loser of that battle might not make the playoffs makes for some great late night ball.

And for you Cubs fans out there, 12-11 since September 1 isn't exactly prepping for the World Series.

Late night?  The brewers games are keeping me up plenty late.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #3568 on: September 26, 2018, 10:05:58 AM »
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/christian-yelich-brewers-playoffs

#MVP
#ThisisMyCrew

lots of good stuff there, like this:
And as much as I love playing in Miller Park, I almost enjoy playing the Cubs more when we’re on the road. I like going into that hostile territory. Getting booed and screamed at … that does something to you, man. It starts during batting practice, too — Cubs fans let you hear it — and it doesn’t stop until the game is over.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3569 on: September 26, 2018, 10:14:21 AM »
So in other words, of course they have and will do it again.

I think this stuff gets hung around the Cardinals neck a lot, but all teams participate.

::)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3570 on: September 26, 2018, 10:24:57 AM »
I realize that the MUScoop Cubs fans have gone into hiding from this thread ever since they *conveniently* realized that "Brewers fans bring out the worst in them" (it was just coincidental timing that this realization came right after the Brewers really tightened up the NL Central race by winning the series at Wrigley), so this will fall on deaf ears (until the Cubs beat either the Brewers or Cardinals in the NLDS), but yeesh are Joe Maddon's comments on the Russell situation disturbing.  He hasn't and won't read it and won't be swayed either way until an investigation is complete because anybody can write anything on the internet.

Keep it classy, Joe.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:28:23 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #3571 on: September 26, 2018, 10:25:04 AM »
::)

In light of this very valuable information,  I have changed my position and agree that the Cardinals are the bad guys and no other team would ever take part in nonsensical unwritten rules.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3572 on: September 26, 2018, 10:26:28 AM »
In light of this very valuable information,  I have changed my position and agree that the Cardinals are the bad guys and no other team would ever take part in nonsensical unwritten rules.

You don't think there's a reason that "this stuff gets hung around the Cardinals neck a lot?"

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3573 on: September 26, 2018, 10:28:05 AM »

To be fair, LaRussa and Matheny didn’t really hide the fact that they threw at guys for a number of reasons. A lot of teams do it, but I don’t think it’s a secret that the Cardinals did it more than most under those guys.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #3574 on: September 26, 2018, 10:45:02 AM »
To be fair, LaRussa and Matheny didn’t really hide the fact that they threw at guys for a number of reasons. A lot of teams do it, but I don’t think it’s a secret that the Cardinals did it more than most under those guys.

Sure, that's fair.  Though neither guy is there now.  But there are 29 other teams that do it, granted to different degrees, but everyone does it.