collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2018 Season  (Read 498942 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: MLB 2018 Season
« Reply #2625 on: August 11, 2018, 05:33:34 PM »
Said about a year ago the Lester regression train was starting to get its engines fired up, but that sucker is full speed ahead.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2626 on: August 11, 2018, 06:49:43 PM »
Said about a year ago the Lester regression train was starting to get its engines fired up, but that sucker is full speed ahead.

Wow, what a stunning prediction. Got any lotto numbers for me?

Might be going through dead arm and could use a break.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2627 on: August 11, 2018, 07:04:19 PM »

Sure, save your money, buy a Fukudome T-shirt instead.

Or, as anyone who can read advanced statistics will note, he was one of the luckier pitchers in baseball in the first half. Second half...not so much.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 07:23:37 PM by MUDish »

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2628 on: August 11, 2018, 07:17:54 PM »

if only the cubs hadnt known something about this guy that other teams didnt they could use him in lesters place...

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/a/arrieja01.shtml

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2629 on: August 11, 2018, 11:17:04 PM »
Sure, save your money, buy a Fukudome T-shirt instead.

Or, as anyone who can read advanced statistics will note, he was one of the luckier pitchers in baseball in the first half. Second half...not so much.

I know. My point is the regression is not surprising to anyone that was paying attention. Maybe not to this extent but its not a shock.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2630 on: August 11, 2018, 11:18:18 PM »
if only the cubs hadnt known something about this guy that other teams didnt they could use him in lesters place...

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/a/arrieja01.shtml

Try again but be coherent this time.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2631 on: August 11, 2018, 11:20:56 PM »
Try again but be coherent this time.

you claimed the chubz knew something about arietta that only the chubz would know and thats why they signed yu over him for much more money and many more years.

oops?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2632 on: August 11, 2018, 11:26:14 PM »
you claimed the chubz knew something about arietta that only the chubz would know and thats why they signed yu over him for much more money and many more years.

oops?

Did I?  Possible - please share the post.

Arrieta was not going to accept the contract he did with the Phillies in Chicago.

Neither can really be judged yet, can they?

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #2633 on: August 11, 2018, 11:32:42 PM »

Cmon man.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2634 on: August 11, 2018, 11:36:14 PM »

Arrieta was not going to accept the contract he did with the Phillies in Chicago.

4-5 years, eh kin?

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2635 on: August 11, 2018, 11:43:33 PM »

how many quotes do you want? bc if you go back to like page 7 you tried to explain it for a good 2-3 pages while buck mocked you for it by making the same claim about the dodgers and yu and you became enraged and pulled your go to “youre illogical and stupid!” line.

ill just quote this one to put you roughly at the start of the conversation, just bc its so funny to look at.
Like most long-term pitching contracts.

You take that contract all day, everyday for $21 million a year.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2636 on: August 11, 2018, 11:51:24 PM »
Cmon man.

What's the problem?

You think a marquee free agent would ever actually choose to go to the South Side?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2637 on: August 11, 2018, 11:58:21 PM »
how many quotes do you want? bc if you go back to like page 7 you tried to explain it for a good 2-3 pages while buck mocked you for it by making the same claim about the dodgers and yu and you became enraged and pulled your go to “youre illogical and stupid!” line.

ill just quote this one to put you roughly at the start of the conversation, just bc its so funny to look at.

Right, because picking that post conveys the whole discussion and context. Nor did I say what you're claiming.

You, on the other hand, are stupid.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #2638 on: August 12, 2018, 12:05:58 AM »
What's the problem?

You think a marquee free agent would ever actually choose to go to the South Side?

Like Cespedes? Fowler? Price? Cueto? Chris Davis?  Zimmerman? Alex Gordon?  Heyward? Hosmer? Panda?  Hanley?  Those are some of the marquee free agents the last few years. 

Not sure what that has to do with anything anyways, but if they offered the most money, sure.  It isn't like a magic formula.  Most of those deals end up being, well, regrettable anyways. 

My cmon was more directed at you not remembering the "Cubs know something about Arrieta" bs you were spouting.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #2639 on: August 12, 2018, 12:07:16 AM »
The Cubs lack of interest in Arrieta has hurt his market. Who would know him better?

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2640 on: August 12, 2018, 12:22:02 AM »
Right, because picking that post conveys the whole discussion and context. Nor did I say what you're claiming.

You, on the other hand, are stupid.

as was said in the post, picking that post was just for the pure entertainment. just shows how funny it is when you go all “smarter than though” when discussing baseball. specifically said it did not say what i was claiming. there were too many posts to choose from that you made your hysterical claims. youre having a tough time reading.

My cmon was more directed at you not remembering the "Cubs know something about Arrieta" bs you were spouting.

yeah that was clear to even someone as stupid as me.

a guy who has such a difficult time recalling things he said and understanding obvious responses sure does make a lot of claims that every non-FIB and chicago sports fan is stupid.

when you have to spend so much of your time telling everyone else theyre stupid it may be time to find a mirror.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2641 on: August 12, 2018, 12:47:29 AM »

And why was that BS?  What was false about it?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2642 on: August 12, 2018, 12:51:10 AM »
as was said in the post, picking that post was just for the pure entertainment. just shows how funny it is when you go all “smarter than though” when discussing baseball. specifically said it did not say what i was claiming. there were too many posts to choose from that you made your hysterical claims. youre having a tough time reading.

yeah that was clear to even someone as stupid as me.

a guy who has such a difficult time recalling things he said and understanding obvious responses sure does make a lot of claims that every non-FIB and chicago sports fan is stupid.

when you have to spend so much of your time telling everyone else theyre stupid it may be time to find a mirror.

*they're

Again, the only person here that I believe is stupid is you.

I can think a post is dumb without believing the person who posted it is dumb. See the difference?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2643 on: August 12, 2018, 01:36:34 AM »
What's the problem?

I’m not sure how far back we’re going here, but Fisk and Belle immediately pop to mind. On the night they honored Thome, the story of Thome asking the Phillies to trade him to the Sox also sticks out.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #2644 on: August 12, 2018, 12:24:20 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2645 on: August 12, 2018, 01:10:05 PM »
I am trying to get my 11 year old to throw low enough for the cutoff man to catch it, as he has overthrown the catcher from the OF multiple times this year.    This absolutely amazing throw does not strengthen my argument. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #2646 on: August 12, 2018, 02:13:30 PM »
I am trying to get my 11 year old to throw low enough for the cutoff man to catch it, as he has overthrown the catcher from the OF multiple times this year.    This absolutely amazing throw does not strengthen my argument.

Hahah.  Well unless your 11 year old can throw it 321 feet at 92 mph, the cutoff is a better option.  Also for fundamentals sake, there was no one else on base, so it was lower risk to just air mail it.

That's what I'd tell a team of kids anyways.

Some great plays this week by Adam Engel.  If he could hit, man he could be something. 

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/adam-engel-robbed-three-home-runs-in-a-week/c-290065064
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 06:00:15 PM by buckchuckler »

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2647 on: August 13, 2018, 07:38:30 AM »
Hahah.  Well unless your 11 year old can throw it 321 feet at 92 mph, the cutoff is a better option.  Also for fundamentals sake, there was no one else on base, so it was lower risk to just air mail it.

That's what I'd tell a team of kids anyways.

Some great plays this week by Adam Engel.  If he could hit, man he could be something. 

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/adam-engel-robbed-three-home-runs-in-a-week/c-290065064

I get to watch Jackie Bradley Jr every day in CF and am often amazed at how good he is, but the number of great CFs in MLB right now is amazing.  It seems there are a dozen more just like JBJ.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 09:15:11 AM by CTWarrior »
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2648 on: August 13, 2018, 09:04:00 AM »

Psh anyone can say that now when he's struggling.

I called this over a month ago when he was cruising haha.  :P

Lester has been awesome but his peripheral stats are worrisome. His BABIP is pretty low (although part of that is the great defense behind him) and his xFIP is around 4.50.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2649 on: August 13, 2018, 09:57:50 AM »
David Bote is playing his ass off when he got his shot.  Pretty special.  That was unreal last night.