[Today at 03:17:33 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2018 Season  (Read 499072 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: MLB 2018 Season
« Reply #700 on: April 29, 2018, 09:27:38 PM »
Right....a very uncommon way for fans to refer to "their" team...how do you know I'm not Jason Heyward?

Because you have left no doubt that you’re a FIB and Jason Hayward is from GA.

Had to go back and proofread that one, huh?  You certainly are a glutton for punishment.  I haven't been here for 3 weeks and respond to a post of mine in minutes....coincidence, right?

I get it....you're frustrated that your team is getting waxed by the team you hate more than anything in the whole wide world....I'd be annoyed too if Chatwood had the same RBI total as Yelich, Cain, Braun, Shaw, etc. combined for the series.

Please don't take the fact that I wasn't here posting 10 times day like you as hiding....as far as I can tell, the Cubs have played better than average the last couple weeks...you surely noticed that this weekend.

I'll be back after "our" Milwaukee home games in June....but only if the series goes our way....I'll shy away otherwise.  I'm sure the others will enjoy your 400+ posts in the meantime. 

Until then...back to reading my post history young man...

Proofread? Huh? What are you even talking about? Lol. You probably should go back into hiding, that’d be a good idea for you.

You’re the one who obsesses over post numbers and amount of time between responses. You’re way too cool for Scoop...except when your beloved Chubbies do well. Once again, takes a big man!

I don’t really care much about April baseball. Much more interested in the NBA Playoffs. But congrats on the Chubbies moving a game in front of the Brewers!

You’ve literally shown up twice...both when the Chubs finally stopped losing. I know, I know, just a big coincidence your all important life just happened to time out so you had some downtime for Scoop. Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #701 on: April 29, 2018, 09:45:21 PM »
Because you have left no doubt that you’re a FIB and Jason Hayward is from GA.

Proofread? Huh? What are you even talking about? Lol. You probably should go back into hiding, that’d be a good idea for you.

You’re the one who obsesses over post numbers and amount of time between responses. You’re way too cool for Scoop...except when your beloved Chubbies do well. Once again, takes a big man!

I don’t really care much about April baseball. Much more interested in the NBA Playoffs. But congrats on the Chubbies moving a game in front of the Brewers!

You’ve literally shown up twice...both when the Chubs finally stopped losing. I know, I know, just a big coincidence your all important life just happened to time out so you had some downtime for Scoop. Lol.

Proofread...yes, as in you were so worked up, you re-read your response and added to/corrected it.  If you don't care about April baseball, what are you doing here?

I've posted twice....when the Cubs destroyed the Brewers...it's called talking a little smack with your little brother....I seemed to have missed a prolonged Cubs losing streak....all in good in fun, young lad....almost warm enough to hang in the MP parking lot, huh? 

Now back to reading my post history and using your adolescent nicknames....

Sorry to the others....I shouldn't enjoy this as much as I do....last one for now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #702 on: April 29, 2018, 09:54:02 PM »
Proofread...yes, as in you were so worked up, you re-read your response and added to/corrected it.  If you don't care about April baseball, what are you doing here?

I've posted twice....when the Cubs destroyed the Brewers...it's called talking a little smack with your little brother....I seemed to have missed a prolonged Cubs losing streak....all in good in fun, young lad....almost warm enough to hang in the MP parking lot, huh? 

Now back to reading my post history and using your adolescent nicknames....

Sorry to the others....I shouldn't enjoy this as much as I do....last one for now.

I got worked up, reread my response, and added to/corrected it? Lol. Proofread?

And I’m calling out the guy who calls other “little guy” while at the same time showing up only when his team is winning. The irony of that is too good to pass up. There’s a difference between “I don’t really care much” and “don’t care about.” Maybe you should spend more time reading the words on the page and less time trying to calculate the amount of time between posts. It’ll help you out a little bit.

It is funny to see you get all worked up about time between responses when they’re basically the same between us and to see someone calling others “little man” and then crying about “adolescent nicknames.” Have it both ways bud. It’s what FIBs do. (Shoot, sorry, did I hurt your feelings?)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #703 on: April 29, 2018, 10:15:10 PM »

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #704 on: April 30, 2018, 12:42:29 AM »
I got worked up, reread my response, and added to/corrected it? Lol. Proofread?

And I’m calling out the guy who calls other “little guy” while at the same time showing up only when his team is winning. The irony of that is too good to pass up. There’s a difference between “I don’t really care much” and “don’t care about.” Maybe you should spend more time reading the words on the page and less time trying to calculate the amount of time between posts. It’ll help you out a little bit.

It is funny to see you get all worked up about time between responses when they’re basically the same between us and to see someone calling others “little man” and then crying about “adolescent nicknames.” Have it both ways bud. It’s what FIBs do. (Shoot, sorry, did I hurt your feelings?)

Why do you literally just attack other people? Like even in main Marquette threads 85% of your posts are attacking, berating, putting down, or just being a dick to other Marquette fans. Could you grow up a little?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #705 on: April 30, 2018, 12:43:00 AM »
Also.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #706 on: April 30, 2018, 06:35:32 AM »
Also.

For someone who is “sorry to break the news but, like, we have the cards. That’s a rivalry” and is “big brother” you sure are pretty excited about moving a game up on “little brother” in April. Again, congrats!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #707 on: April 30, 2018, 08:00:10 AM »
Me and this thread

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #708 on: April 30, 2018, 08:19:45 AM »
Me and this thread

They all refuse to post in the designated thread

MU82

• All American
« Reply #709 on: April 30, 2018, 10:19:10 AM »
I umpired youth baseball both Saturday and Sunday.

In one of the Saturday games, the pitcher struck out the side on 9 pitches. And in our third and last Sunday game, the pitcher clinched his team's victory by retiring the side on 3 pitches.

Each pitcher got a big kick out of it when I told him, "Congratulations - you tied a world record!"
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #710 on: April 30, 2018, 10:23:17 AM »
Obviously it's still very early but I'm surprised at the struggles of the Nats and Dodgers so far. 

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #711 on: April 30, 2018, 10:46:51 AM »
In one of the Saturday games, the pitcher struck out the side on 9 pitches.
"Immaculate Innings" are on the rise.

https://deadspin.com/heres-yet-another-immaculate-inning-this-year-1797489572

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #712 on: April 30, 2018, 10:24:18 PM »
Hader in 2 2/3 tonight, 8 K's, 1 BB to finish off the game. I don't remember ever seeing anything like that.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #713 on: April 30, 2018, 11:30:03 PM »
Hader in 2 2/3 tonight, 8 K's, 1 BB to finish off the game. I don't remember ever seeing anything like that.

According to Elias it hasn't happened ever in 'modern' baseball (like 1900).

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #714 on: April 30, 2018, 11:35:26 PM »

He's unbelievable.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #715 on: May 01, 2018, 09:38:34 AM »
I think that was the sound of the Dodgers becoming the favorites to land Machado in a trade, if they are in a position that warrants such a move in a month anyways. 

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #716 on: May 01, 2018, 09:59:48 AM »
I think that was the sound of the Dodgers becoming the favorites to land Machado in a trade, if they are in a position that warrants such a move in a month anyways.

Yep, I would imagine they take a wait and see for a couple months to gauge where they're at.  Especially now without Seager, its kind of amazing to sit back and look at all the holes in that roster given how much money they've spent.  If Urias comes back and pitches well, they probably have the pitching depth to stay competitive - no one else jumps out other than Kershaw, but the back end of their rotation can win games.  But their lineup doesn't exactly strike fear in your heart.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #717 on: May 01, 2018, 10:09:59 AM »
He's unbelievable.

I am guessing he learned his technique from Jake in the O's system...

Orioles director of pitching development Rick Peterson said an increase of that much velocity was certainly not normal.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2012/12/a-look-at-josh-hader-and-his-stunning-velocity-increase-last-summer.html

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #718 on: May 01, 2018, 10:25:13 AM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #719 on: May 01, 2018, 10:41:52 AM »
I am guessing he learned his technique from Jake in the O's system...

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2012/12/a-look-at-josh-hader-and-his-stunning-velocity-increase-last-summer.html

I guess comparing an 18 year old high school pitcher to a 28 year old career minor leaguer is intelligent...

But if that's the case and Hader got on the same PED program Arrieta did but 10 years earlier, my goodness will the Brewers have a nice piece in their bullpen for years to come.  I can only hope!

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #720 on: May 01, 2018, 11:58:03 AM »
  But their lineup doesn't exactly strike fear in your heart.

I think they miss Justin Turner exponentially. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #721 on: May 01, 2018, 12:39:50 PM »
I guess comparing an 18 year old high school pitcher to a 28 year old career minor leaguer is intelligent...

But if that's the case and Hader got on the same PED program Arrieta did but 10 years earlier, my goodness will the Brewers have a nice piece in their bullpen for years to come.  I can only hope!

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #722 on: May 01, 2018, 12:54:32 PM »
Great read for White Sox fans.   A nice recap of some of the top minor league performers through the season's first month. 

http://www.chicagonow.com/future-sox/2018/05/white-sox-prospects-of-the-month-april-2018/

If you are a Sox fan, and haven't checked out futuresox.com, it is a great way to spend a few minutes a day.  Especially because you don't get the Jake Arrieta talk for the 4,000th time.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #723 on: May 02, 2018, 10:16:33 PM »
Weird that Marquettefan94 is nowhere to be found. Takes a real man to come pounding his chest when things are going his team’s way but goes into hiding as soon as things take a turn.

While Cubs fans are hilariously delusional, at least most show up here no matter how the team is doing. At least I can respect that. Marquettefan94 is way too much of a man for me, though. I can’t hang with that.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #724 on: May 02, 2018, 10:33:29 PM »
Weird that Marquettefan94 is nowhere to be found. Takes a real man to come pounding his chest when things are going his team’s way but goes into hiding as soon as things take a turn.

While Cubs fans are hilariously delusional, at least most show up here no matter how the team is doing. At least I can respect that. Marquettefan94 is way too much of a man for me, though. I can’t hang with that.

It ain't the weekend is it?  ;)

feedback