[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bitcoin  (Read 92375 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Bitcoin
« Reply #525 on: December 15, 2022, 02:56:24 PM »
Can't believe the scoop mods haven't tried this to raise funds for scoop.   Picturing several scoop action figure NFT's.
On man, just picture Topper looming over a keyboard, in mid-swing with a giant banhammer.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #526 on: December 15, 2022, 02:58:10 PM »
I know I don't want to see Ziggy's or JB's kung fu grip.

Galway Eagle in a 19th century boxing pose with a handlebar mustache.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 03:05:00 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #527 on: December 15, 2022, 04:03:25 PM »
Can't believe the scoop mods haven't tried this to raise funds for scoop.   Picturing several scoop action figure NFT's.

Arch Man
Question Kid
Mysogonist Mike

Lots of superhero options.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 04:09:29 PM by ZiggysFryBoy »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #528 on: December 15, 2022, 04:12:16 PM »
Muggsy's needs a random question voice chip.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #529 on: December 15, 2022, 04:15:29 PM »
Muggsy's needs a random question voice chip.

Muggsy the Miniature Manatee

tower912

• All American
« Reply #530 on: December 15, 2022, 04:17:39 PM »
On man, just picture Topper looming over a keyboard, in mid-swing with a giant banhammer.
I have a mental picture of a variation of the GEICO 'Aunts' commercial.  Only instead if 'expired', we get the mods saying 'banned'.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #531 on: December 15, 2022, 04:24:23 PM »
I have a mental picture of a variation of the GEICO 'Aunts' commercial.  Only instead if 'expired', we get the mods saying 'banned'.

BTW, what's up with GEICO recycling a bunch of ads from a few years ago?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #532 on: December 15, 2022, 04:47:15 PM »
Doing their bit for the environment?   

tower912

• All American
« Reply #533 on: December 15, 2022, 04:54:43 PM »
Newsdream's as Captain Jack Sparrow. 

... why is the rum gone?......
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 04:56:53 PM by tower912 »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #534 on: December 15, 2022, 08:35:57 PM »

BTW, what's up with GEICO recycling a bunch of ads from a few years ago?
I think they fired their ad agency and hired a new one. Probably still waiting for the new work to be produced.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #535 on: December 15, 2022, 08:38:48 PM »
Muggsy the Miniature Manatee
Maybe his is life size.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #536 on: December 15, 2022, 08:48:59 PM »
This is…not a great look

https://twitter.com/followtheh/status/1603501718888652804?s=20&t=hGtiezbxfxVDluuFxEK1hw

Related, my very good friend’s best man at his wedding is an exec at Binance.  Worked at Uber for awhile, progressed quickly, then moved to Binance cause his older brother is in the C suite leadership team, based in HK, etc…. Nice enough guy, but at the bachelor party and the wedding, he was flaunting all the crypto bro richness stuff, his absurd expense account, etc…. Well this week, a friend of a friend needed his address to send him a wedding invite…and was told a PO Box in Nevada.  Said Binance bro split his time the past few years between San Fran and Texas, not weird at alll….  Even my friend said he’s not sure where he’s actually living the last 3-4 months

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #537 on: March 11, 2023, 09:47:04 AM »
USDC depegged, down 10%. This is going to be an interesting week for crypto.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #538 on: March 11, 2023, 11:03:44 AM »
With Silicon Valley Credit Union going belly up, it is going to be an interesting start to the week everywhere.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #539 on: March 11, 2023, 12:06:24 PM »
With Silicon Valley Credit Union going belly up, it is going to be an interesting start to the week everywhere.

SVB is a commercial bank, not a credit union. Agreed though.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #540 on: March 11, 2023, 12:15:40 PM »
I know it is.  Forgive me.  I was engaging in snark due to the insular nature of the bank and its clients.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #541 on: March 11, 2023, 12:57:05 PM »
I know it is.  Forgive me.  I was engaging in snark due to the insular nature of the bank and its clients.

As a multi-time client of SVB I can expand on this to counter your snark a little. SVB caters to a set of clients that other banks struggle to work with. Most banks aren't super helpful when you have a $20MM-$200MM deposit coming in and need it deployed somewhere while you draw down over the next 2-3 years. SVB is pretty great to work with on the startup/VC side of things. They also royally effed up.

I get that not many people have the same problems that VC-backed startups and VC funds have, but SVB served an otherwise underserved market. Another FI needs to step up to fill that gap.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #542 on: March 11, 2023, 02:37:59 PM »
As a multi-time client of SVB I can expand on this to counter your snark a little. SVB caters to a set of clients that other banks struggle to work with. Most banks aren't super helpful when you have a $20MM-$200MM deposit coming in and need it deployed somewhere while you draw down over the next 2-3 years. SVB is pretty great to work with on the startup/VC side of things. They also royally effed up.

I get that not many people have the same problems that VC-backed startups and VC funds have, but SVB served an otherwise underserved market. Another FI needs to step up to fill that gap.

Yeah, but thats what happens when money isn't free anymore.  VCs came calling for their money and they had to sell all their bonds well below value.

That's the gamble.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #543 on: March 11, 2023, 09:00:13 PM »

Talking to my friend who is director in essentially competitor intel and research for a large FI, I found it interesting that SVB’s biggest competitor was Chase.  But also speaks to the lack of comparable offerings in the space

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #544 on: March 12, 2023, 10:12:38 AM »
Talking to my friend who is director in essentially competitor intel and research for a large FI, I found it interesting that SVB’s biggest competitor was Chase.  But also speaks to the lack of comparable offerings in the space

Yeah it's odd. You'd think the major banks would fight over holding that much cash. SVB operated a little like a neo-bank though, which the big banks can't figure out how to do. My better half works at an FI with >1T under management and they move as slow as molasses. I'm surprised the big boys haven't just acquired a neo-bank instead of rolling their own.

My guess is that SVB operates more like a consumer bank and most of the big boys are moving away from retail and moving towards the wealth/govt side of the market which is more stable. Big opp here for the neo-banks to go after retail and SMBs.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #545 on: March 12, 2023, 10:51:12 AM »
Yeah it's odd. You'd think the major banks would fight over holding that much cash. SVB operated a little like a neo-bank though, which the big banks can't figure out how to do. My better half works at an FI with >1T under management and they move as slow as molasses. I'm surprised the big boys haven't just acquired a neo-bank instead of rolling their own.

My guess is that SVB operates more like a consumer bank and most of the big boys are moving away from retail and moving towards the wealth/govt side of the market which is more stable. Big opp here for the neo-banks to go after retail and SMBs.

Most of the big banks have almost too much cash on hand. That is why you see them offering 0.01% interest rates, they don't need to get more cash deposits.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #546 on: March 08, 2024, 09:43:28 AM »
Buy something worthless, get something worthless.

*pokes bear*

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #547 on: March 08, 2024, 10:37:52 AM »
*pokes bear*

Yeah.  Crazy Run.  Talk about feeling bubbly.  I still won't touch it.