[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: High School Team got robbed  (Read 457 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
High School Team got robbed
« on: March 06, 2024, 09:47:37 AM »
Talk about bad officiating. They didn't even go back to review the play because the rules don't require it.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/high-school/basketball/2024/03/05/manasquan-camden-nj-boys-basketball-njsiaa-group-semifinal-2024/72831583007/

jficke13

• All American
Re: High School Team got robbed
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 10:00:39 AM »
brutal.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 11:20:12 AM »
"They reversed the call," said an emotional Manasquan head coach Andrew Bilodeau. "The referee in the C position in the middle signaled 'basket's good,' they huddled up and then 15 kids got screwed in front of 1,000 people. Print that. Print it five times. Those three guys huddled up and they screwed these kids in front of 1,000 people and that video will be on the internet for everyone to see.”

If I were a parent, this statement would annoy me. So many times coaches have the opportunity to talk about how kids have the opportunity to learn and rise from situations that are blatantly unfair, yet this is the route they choose.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 11:24:57 AM »
"They reversed the call," said an emotional Manasquan head coach Andrew Bilodeau. "The referee in the C position in the middle signaled 'basket's good,' they huddled up and then 15 kids got screwed in front of 1,000 people. Print that. Print it five times. Those three guys huddled up and they screwed these kids in front of 1,000 people and that video will be on the internet for everyone to see.”

If I were a parent, this statement would annoy me. So many times coaches have the opportunity to talk about how kids have the opportunity to learn and rise from situations that are blatantly unfair, yet this is the route they choose.

Agree.

These kids got "screwed" twice. Once by poor officiating in this particular instance, and once by a coach whose priorities are totally out of whack.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 03:47:42 PM »

But refs didn't effect the outcome right Sultan? ;)
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2024, 04:06:23 PM »

Agreed but high school coach in the heat of the moment could be cut a little slack. I think we can adjust expectations for a $50,000 per year teacher & coach.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2024, 05:43:32 PM »
Agreed but high school coach in the heat of the moment could be cut a little slack. I think we can adjust expectations for a $50,000 per year teacher & coach.

Nope.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2024, 05:57:09 PM »
We’re all victims of something nowadays.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2024, 02:07:27 PM »

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2024, 04:00:31 PM »
They're going to court! You know the one with no baskets.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/08/sports/camden-lawyer-slams-legal-action-by-manasquan-over-blown-call/
I get the frustration and even outrage, but the courts can't do anything about it. Manasquan can hang a banner, have a parade and put a sign up that they are "State Champs". All that would be better than filing a law suit that has no chance. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2024, 04:20:37 PM »
I get the frustration and even outrage, but the courts can't do anything about it. Manasquan can hang a banner, have a parade and put a sign up that they are "State Champs". All that would be better than filing a law suit that has no chance.

I nominate Scott Frost for grand marshal.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2024, 05:15:57 PM »
I nominate Scott Frost for grand marshal.
;D