[Today at 11:00:11 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Purdue...  (Read 11221 times)

muguru

• All American
Purdue...
« on: November 23, 2017, 08:07:05 PM »
Just lost to Western kentucky in battle 4 Atlantis. That's consecutive losses to Tennessee and Western Kentucky. So, yeah. They were obviously bad match ups for Purdue.  ::)
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Purdue...
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 08:07:48 PM »
Just lost to Western kentucky in battle 4 Atlantis. That's consecutive losses to Tennessee and Western Kentucky. So, yeah. They were obviously bad match ups for Purdue.  ::)

Whiner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 08:09:32 PM »
Chaminade smoked Cal, who barely lost to WSU, who smoked us. Clearly Chamibade is better than us!

This stuff is really stupid. College players are by and large inconsistent. Almost every team in America will lose games they shouldn’t. Get over yourself.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muguru

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 08:11:56 PM »
Whiner.

Call it what you want, but people here were claiming how underrated Purdue was, and how MU lost to a potential Final Four team..at home. Yet, Tennessee and now Western freaking Kentucky just beat them on a neutral court. Western Kentucky better than MU, or??  ?-(

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 08:13:06 PM »
Call it what you want, but people here were claiming how underrated Purdue was, and how MU lost to a potential Final Four team..at home. Yet, Tennessee and now Western freaking Kentucky just beat them on a neutral court. Western Kentucky better than MU, or??  ?-(

You realize Western freaking Kentucky gave Nova a run for their money last night righ? And Tennessee gave Nova a run for their money today right?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muguru

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 08:14:16 PM »
Chaminade smoked Cal, who barely lost to WSU, who smoked us. Clearly Chamibade is better than us!

This stuff is really stupid. College players are by and large inconsistent. Almost every team in America will lose games they shouldn’t. Get over yourself.

Just saying, people were fawning all over Purdue like they were the best team in the NCAA's after MU lost to them and the whole "bad matchup" excuse they threw out. Perhaps, Purdue isnt as good as some people think, and it wasn't an impossible game for MU to win like some thought.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 08:16:14 PM »
Just saying, people were fawning all over Purdue like they were the best team in the NCAA's after MU lost to them and the whole "bad matchup" excuse they threw out. Perhaps, Purdue isnt as good as some people think, and it wasn't an impossible game for MU to win like some thought.

MU could definitely beat Purdue. But that doesn’t mean it’s not a bad matchup for MU.

Western Kentucky and Tennessee aren’t great, but they are both solid. Because Purdue lost early season games to those 2 doesn’t mean they can’t make a run in the NCAA Tournament.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 08:16:24 PM »
You realize Western freaking Kentucky gave Nova a run for their money last night righ? And Tennessee gave Nova a run for their money today right?

Sure, but at the end of the day, they both lost to Nova, that's all that matters. And now Purdue just lost to both of them.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 08:17:00 PM »

Hard to say that WKU gave Nova a run for their money but also say that Wichita smoked us.

Games were pretty much the same.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 08:19:27 PM »
Forfeit the rest of the games and shut down the program
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 08:19:38 PM »
MU could definitely beat Purdue. But that doesn’t mean it’s not a bad matchup for MU.

Western Kentucky and Tennessee aren’t great, but they are both solid. Because Purdue lost early season games to those 2 doesn’t mean they can’t make a run in the NCAA Tournament.

Obviously, they could still go deep in the NCAA's. But If Purdue was a bad matchup for MU, shouldn't they have been a horrible match up for Western KY??(they were actually). And yet, Western KY beat them. My point really is, it's about execution more than anything else. Western Ky didn't play a great game, they were solid, but not spectacular, but they executed, and that's what won them the game.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 08:21:32 PM »

Seriously, what the eff is your point?  On that night they were better than we were.  Like significantly better.  I was there.  I watched it.  Move on.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 08:30:56 PM »
Forfeit the rest of the games and shut down the program

No kidding. Scoop has its share of chicken littles, but guru is the chickenest and littlest Scooper of all time.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 09:07:16 PM »
A Purdue thread about results of a tournament Marquette wasn't in?

Superbar

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 09:17:11 PM »
A Purdue thread about results of a tournament Marquette wasn't in?

Superbar

Come on, it directly impacts our SoS, which will be important this year come March.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 10:55:56 PM »
Purdue vs Zona for 7th place wow
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2017, 11:42:09 PM »

You're a little nuts, huh?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2017, 12:27:27 AM »
Obviously, they could still go deep in the NCAA's. But If Purdue was a bad matchup for MU, shouldn't they have been a horrible match up for Western KY??(they were actually). And yet, Western KY beat them. My point really is, it's about execution more than anything else. Western Ky didn't play a great game, they were solid, but not spectacular, but they executed, and that's what won them the game.

Is Western Kentuckys team built similarly to Marquettes? If not,  why would Purdue automatically be a bad match-up for Western Kentucky?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2017, 08:13:18 AM »
Don't forget western Kentucky got two top freshman on team.

https://247sports.com/college/western-kentucky/Season/2017-Basketball/Commits
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

nyg

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2017, 08:16:03 AM »
Robinson never enrolled at WKU.  Left and is preparing for draft. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2017, 08:16:14 AM »
Don't forget western Kentucky got two top freshman on team.

https://247sports.com/college/western-kentucky/Season/2017-Basketball/Commits

Mitchell Robinson left the team before the season started.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2017, 08:29:56 AM »
Purdue vs Zona for 7th place wow

Yeah that is really crazy haha. But I think this kinda shows that these tournaments are not always smooth sailing.

As much as guru likes to talk about how crappy Purdue is, what about Arizona?is there season over also? Or is this a biproduct of early season tournaments with competitive teams?

fjm

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2017, 08:32:13 AM »
Or even better yet Guru, should we be worried about the state of the BigEast?

Seton hall lost to unranked URI. What if we lose to SHU later this season?

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2017, 10:16:53 AM »
Yeah that is really crazy haha. But I think this kinda shows that these tournaments are not always smooth sailing.

As much as guru likes to talk about how crappy Purdue is, what about Arizona?is there season over also? Or is this a biproduct of early season tournaments with competitive teams?

Zona is a surprise, though they are without one top their top players. Many of the teams mentioned in this thread will be playing a lot better in Feb.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2017, 03:06:43 PM »
You're a little nuts, huh?

IIRC, guru has admitted he is nutty about MU. He has said he has more passion for our basketball program than for anything else - including friends, potential love interests, etc.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback