'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Purdue...  (Read 11222 times)

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: Purdue...
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2017, 01:27:14 PM »
Shaka and Texas look awfully good to me. They were fun to watch last night. Pretty confident that he will have much success at Texas before all is said and done.

Depends when you watch them.

They can't shoot.

So sometimes they look absolutely terrible like today.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2017, 02:04:30 PM »
And then they force like 10 TOs in a row and come back down 21

Crazy streaky team
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2017, 04:31:29 PM »
golly shucky darns gonzaga is good AGAIN this year.  anyone have any answers why?  want to play for mr. few?  doubt it's for the weather or the babes?

on the other hand, looking forward to UNC-mich. st. b-ball game-sure in the fack ain't nothin good(to see) on sunday night football
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2017, 11:26:19 PM »
Had to give this a bump after No. 5 Florida just got killed at home by unranked Florida State.

ESPN.com headline: Florida shows dangers of relying on the 3, routed by FSU

I guess Marquette losing to a ranked Purdue team was worse, though.

I know, I know ... nuthin' to do with nuthin'. Seeing the final score of FSU-Fla just got me thinking, that's all.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2018, 09:30:28 PM »
Just lost to Western kentucky in battle 4 Atlantis. That's consecutive losses to Tennessee and Western Kentucky. So, yeah. They were obviously bad match ups for Purdue.  ::)

Since this silly post, Purdue has gone 12-0, leads the B1G with a 5-0 record, and has moved up to #5 in the nation.

So yeah, guru, Purdue obviously has been a bad matchup for everyone.  ::)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2018, 11:54:01 PM »
Lots of wrong in this thread.

Purdue has gone 12-0 and is ranked in the top 5.

That OT loss on a neutral court to Tennessee doesn't look so bad as they found their way into the top 25.

Western Kentucky loss still isn't great but they are now being talked about as a potential at large team for the NCAAs.

Harry ended up not being our best center that we were waiting to be eligible.

For Texas having "so much more talent" than Marquette, they were ranked #37 in KenPom with us right behind them at #38 though I assume their win over TCU today is going to move them up a peg or two.

Who knew, scoop can get it wrong sometimes!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2018, 11:57:07 PM »
Lots of wrong in this thread.

Purdue has gone 12-0 and is ranked in the top 5.

That OT loss on a neutral court to Tennessee doesn't look so bad as they found their way into the top 25.

Western Kentucky loss still isn't great but they are now being talked about as a potential at large team for the NCAAs.

Harry ended up not being our best center that we were waiting to be eligible.

For Texas having "so much more talent" than Marquette, they were ranked #37 in KenPom with us right behind them at #38 though I assume their win over TCU today is going to move them up a peg or two.

Who knew, scoop can get it wrong sometimes!

Well, it started with guru trying to "prove" that our loss to Purdue was catastrophic because Purdue wasn't really any good.

If only he'd use his energy for good instead of evil!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2018, 08:13:15 AM »
Well, it started with guru trying to "prove" that our loss to Purdue was catastrophic because Purdue wasn't really any good.

If only he'd use his energy for good instead of evil!

Did he post anything positive following seton hall or providence?
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2018, 08:19:06 AM »
Did he post anything positive following seton hall or providence?

Not that I know of.

He seems like a decent person, as are most Scoopers, but sadly guru is one of many here who seems to only be able to really emote about our basketball program if it involves negativity.

If I couldn't feel happy after a triumph and could only feel anger and angst after a defeat, I would have to stop being a sports fan. I love sports because they are fun! There's nothing fun about always railing and never celebrating.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2018, 08:27:27 AM »
Not that I know of.

He seems like a decent person, as are most Scoopers, but sadly guru is one of many here who seems to only be able to really emote about our basketball program if it involves negativity.

If I couldn't feel happy after a triumph and could only feel anger and angst after a defeat, I would have to stop being a sports fan. I love sports because they are fun! There's nothing fun about always railing and never celebrating.

Perhaps Rocky can create two sections of Hangin at the Al: The Ice cream scoopers and the Pooper scoopers.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2018, 08:54:03 AM »
Not that I know of.

Exactly...from where I'm sitting...a bunch of true student athletes working their a$$as of...and a coach that reps MU just fine as well.