[Today at 12:58:23 PM]

NM by 4everwarriors
[Today at 10:37:41 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 10:15:40 AM]

MU all-time defensive team? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:44:45 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU Chaluparena Survey / Season ticket rates  (Read 24345 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: MU Chaluparena Survey / Season ticket rates
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2017, 10:42:46 AM »
I just don't get why there was a choice between "Female" and "Trans Female" and "Male" and "Trans Male"  Based on my very limited familiarity with this, a non-insignificant percentage of trans people would be offended that Marquette would make the distinction. 

And are they going to make data analyses based on the answers of trans women and trans men as  groups? I am just not seeing Bill Scholl saying, "Well, everyone seems cool with the PSL concept except for the trans females, so we need to take that into consideration".

I'd be more interested in knowing if anyone marked the trans female, or trans male boxes. What % of that group makes up MU season ticket holders.  :D
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2017, 10:43:35 AM »
Gotta be honest, Doc.  I don't understand your concept here.  They are misjudging it, how? 

.. If there are PSLs .. and they are north of $500, the loudest thing inside the Chaluparena will be crickets.  Or bats. 

Well, the bats will be eating the crickets, so, yeah, just the bats.

This survey, honestly the first communication to fans on the new arena pricing, was purely about prices and donations.  No questions about the benefits or reasons fans value attending to put a price value to it.  They don’t understand at all the reasoning behind their fans’ motivations.

Now understand, Chico’s put these Vesties in their seats with the priority points plan under Tommy. That is essentially getting blown up. Now, someone can jump ahead of them with a PSL, a corporation can gobble up their seats or by Wojo’s moving the low priced student section in front of them. Not crickets but pitchforks.

Me? I have different motivations, very different than the Vestie Fraternity of the Milwaukee Mafia.  It is a chance to see different family, friends or associates live for a game versus relying on social media. Hoops is taken as a religion but so is socializing. I spend about $5000 going to road games and drive the 180 miles to attend almost all home games. Then, there are the meals and hotels for times I stay in MKE.  Well over $10k.  Fanatical, yes.

Everyone else has other unique reasons.  Some are family time, some are reunion based, some are hoops only.  Some are serious, some are occasional fans.

So yes, this survey again shows they don’t understand their brand or their consumers as the only lens they applied was their own.

They are in for a shyt storm and we are paying in part for them screwing the pooch on the practice facility and arena negotiations. When you make the discussion only about revenue, you just amped the heat up on yourselves.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2017, 10:53:47 AM »
I'd be more interested in knowing if anyone marked the trans female, or trans male boxes. What % of that group makes up MU season ticket holders.  :D

Despite Hard's contention that all data is valuable, I promise there will be way more effort expended trying  to figure out the identity of the people who  marked the less traditional boxes (for grins and gossip purposes)then analyzing their particular responses.  And making folks enter their email addresses and asking for their name and address at the end should make it pretty darn easy.
Have some patience, FFS.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2017, 10:55:40 AM »
They are in for a shyt storm and we are paying in part for them screwing the pooch on the practice facility and arena negotiations. When you make the discussion only about revenue, you just amped the heat up on yourselves.

Yes on the practice facility, but I think they did alright with the negotiations.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2017, 11:00:50 AM »
I think limiting the student tickets to 1000 is a horrible idea.  Sorry I don't have time to whip up a powerpoint presentation but here goes:

1.  MU rarely sells out the way it is so lost revenue is a straw man argument.
2.  Ease of access is important, especially since most MU students don't grow up MU fans.  Their isn't the built in state school or blueblood advantage.  Get students to the games and build that fandom.
3.  Build that fandom for four years, let them make memories that make MUBB a special part of their life, and hope to convert them into the sweater vests of tomorrow.
4.  1000's tickets to a bad product is still a bad product.  Winning, not scarcity, is what drives attendance.  Consistently make the tourney, regularly be in the top 25, make Sweet 16's and the occasional deep run.  Do that and filling the student section takes care of itself.
5.  Restricting access to student tickets creates an expensive secondary market.  Students who want to go to games but lose out would be forced to pony up extra cash.  At Wisconsin, students with no interest in sports try to win the MBB ticket lottery with the sole purpose of reselling the tickets.  My BIL did just that when he was a student and my Badger alum friends have similar stories of people doing this.   The Win Every Day app would provide MU students another affordable option but this doesn't guarantee tickets, especially to the best games.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2017, 11:06:26 AM »
Yes on the practice facility, but I think they did alright with the negotiations.

They screwed up the front end when they gave up their leverage in any ownership options versus waiting to negotiate on the back end after the state and city had ceded all control to the Bucks. Say what you will about the DePaul arena deal but DU is in a stronger longer term position.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2017, 11:11:49 AM »
They screwed up the front end when they gave up their leverage in any ownership options versus waiting to negotiate on the back end after the state and city had ceded all control to the Bucks. Say what you will about the DePaul arena deal but DU is in a stronger longer term position.

Agree, wholeheartedly.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2017, 11:35:27 AM »
Colors light corner First time STH this year chiming in:

Sheesh. The seats I was hoping to be in next year are a 100% increase.
However in the same area as coors light this year it looks like an only $20 rise, but you're in the end zone instead of the corner.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2017, 11:48:43 AM »
Anyone know the story in 204 or 226? What’s with the limited rows?
Panorama Club Bowl View
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2017, 11:56:16 AM »
Colors light corner First time STH this year chiming in:

Sheesh. The seats I was hoping to be in next year are a 100% increase.
However in the same area as coors light this year it looks like an only $20 rise, but you're in the end zone instead of the corner.

Regarding the student section / coors light corner, I would support a hybrid between what we have now and a Cameron Crazies scenario.

Maybe have two student sections on each end that wrap around the corners, then put a few seats of discounted "recent alumni" seats next to and behind that section to insulate the older alumni from those student animals. Front row prime between the free throw lines on both sides is saved for bigwigs and whatnot.

Added bonus; maybe the students could get some nice back and forth going between the end zones.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2017, 12:19:08 PM »
I just don't get why there was a choice between "Female" and "Trans Female" and "Male" and "Trans Male"  Based on my very limited familiarity with this, a non-insignificant percentage of trans people would be offended that Marquette would make the distinction. 

And are they going to make data analyses based on the answers of trans women and trans men as  groups? I am just not seeing Bill Scholl saying, "Well, everyone seems cool with the PSL concept except for the trans females, so we need to take that into consideration".

It's more about making people feel included. You are right that few would be "offended" that their identity wasn't included as an option, but almost 100% of them would appreciate seeing it included as an option.

When I joined my current church there was one thing that struck me the first time I attended service. Rather than saying "please stand" during the various pieces where people stand the lectors said "please stand if you are comfortable doing so." I have a lot of friends and family that due to age, health, and ability are unable to easily stand or even stand at all. I'm sure none of them were offended that people were asking them to stand during service, but having someone acknowledge that not everyone has the ability to stand was a nice hospitable gesture.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2017, 12:24:16 PM »
I know!  Chick was telling me.  WTF?
20 year olds doing the studies. I've seen worse from psych studies I need to review from lower classes.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2017, 12:28:45 PM »
I'm sure someone has said it, but the nosebleeds here will be significantly better than the BC. 
I'm not worried about remaining a cheap season ticket holder. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2017, 01:05:34 PM »
I'm sure someone has said it, but the nosebleeds here will be significantly better than the BC. 
I'm not worried about remaining a cheap season ticket holder.
I heard about 11 rows in the upper deck and you enter from the top.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

fjm

• All American
« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2017, 01:25:37 PM »
Regarding the student section / coors light corner, I would support a hybrid between what we have now and a Cameron Crazies scenario.

Maybe have two student sections on each end that wrap around the corners, then put a few seats of discounted "recent alumni" seats next to and behind that section to insulate the older alumni from those student animals. Front row prime between the free throw lines on both sides is saved for bigwigs and whatnot.

Added bonus; maybe the students could get some nice back and forth going between the end zones.

Oooh I like this. Someone should send this to MU. Make it two sections in the end zone on both sides in the lower bowl. That would be good for the students. So they are on both sides.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2017, 01:41:47 PM »
Biggest tell, they have 7 gender options to select from.

No kidding?  I couldn't open it up on my phone, so I didn't bother getting all the way through, but if you're serious, then I'm doubling down...

This whole survey is an academic exercise.  None of your responses is going to factor one bit into the pricing at the new arena.  On the other hand, putting in some garbage answers might fook up a grad student's thesis.

Hawthorne says someone isn't too happy with me right now.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 01:57:00 PM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2017, 02:09:46 PM »
No kidding?  I couldn't open it up on my phone, so I didn't bother getting all the way through, but if you're serious, then I'm doubling down...

This whole survey is an academic exercise.  None of your responses is going to factor one bit into the pricing at the new arena.  On the other hand, putting in some garbage answers might fook up a grad student's thesis.

Hawthorne says someone isn't too happy with me right now.

Not kidding
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2017, 02:47:33 PM »
Not kidding

Okay Eng, you're much younger than me so maybe your generation can help.  I get the first 5 (now that I see it in print; not being flippant as I was before), and 7 is self explanatory. 

But seriously, what the Sam Hill is #6?  There's no Other!  Blended, sure.  Transitioned, sure.  But PURPLE or DOG isn't an option.  I'm getting too old.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 02:49:18 PM by jsglow »

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2017, 03:33:30 PM »
Okay Eng, you're much younger than me so maybe your generation can help.  I get the first 5 (now that I see it in print; not being flippant as I was before), and 7 is self explanatory. 

But seriously, what the Sam Hill is #6?  There's no Other!  Blended, sure.  Transitioned, sure.  But PURPLE or DOG isn't an option.  I'm getting too old.

Other would include Two-Spirit, Agender, and Third Gender

I also believe there are multiple forms of non-binary like Pangender

I've read what they are suppose to be but that doesn't mean I can articulate or explain it.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #144 on: November 09, 2017, 03:38:11 PM »
Other would include Two-Spirit, Agender, and Third Gender

I also believe there are multiple forms of non-binary like Pangender

I've read what they are suppose to be but that doesn't mean I can articulate or explain it.

At first I actually thought you were pulling my leg.  Then I googled it.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #145 on: November 09, 2017, 03:42:50 PM »
At first I actually thought you were pulling my leg.  Then I googled it.

When I first saw the extended LGBT thing. I said outloud was what the unnatural carnal knowledgeing crap is the two

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2017, 03:57:27 PM »
When I first saw the extended LGBT thing. I said outloud was what the unnatural carnal knowledgeing crap is the two

I just did more research and I entirely 'get' that some small minority of folks have both masculine and feminine features and that it's a real challenge for them as they go through life.  Hence I completely understand and respect category #5. 

But I just learned that essentially all of the 'gender identities' that Eng mentioned have their own unique Pride flag.  I understand now. 

I sincerely feel for TAMU.  Which leads to a question.  How is that all handled under Title IX?  Forget I said that.......

Now, back to these ridiculous ticket prices!   ;D

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2017, 04:07:15 PM »
The Athletic Department is a bunch of pikers.  Facebook has 71 genders, including:

Asexual

Female to male trans man

Female to male transgender man

Female to male transsexual man

F2M

Gender neutral

Hermaphrodite

Intersex man

Intersex person

Intersex woman

Male to female trans woman

Male to female transgender woman

Male to female transsexual woman

Man

M2F

Polygender

T* man

T* woman

Two* person

Two-spirit person

Woman

Agender

Androgyne

Androgynes

Androgynous

Bigender

Cis

Cis Female

Cis Male

Cis Man

Cis Woman

Cisgender

Cisgender Female

Cisgender Male

Cisgender Man

Cisgender Woman

Female to Male

FTM

Gender Fluid

Gender Nonconforming

Gender Questioning

Gender Variant

Genderqueer

Intersex

Male to Female

MTF

Neither

Neutrois

Non-binary

Other

Pangender

Trans

Trans Female

Trans Male

Trans Man

Trans Person

Trans*Female

Trans*Male

Trans*Man

Trans*Person

Trans*Woman

Transexual

Transexual Female

Transexual Male

Transexual Man

Transexual Person

Transexual Woman

Transgender Female

Transgender Person

Transmasculine

Two-spirit
Have some patience, FFS.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2017, 04:16:56 PM »
The Athletic Department is a bunch of pikers.  Facebook has 71 genders, including:

A lot of those are the same thing. For example: Man, Male, Cis Man, Cis Male, Cisgender Male, and Cisgender Man are all the same thing. Just different ways of abbreviating it.

I'm also not an expert, but I'm pretty sure that asexual is not a gender, it's a sexual orientation. Facebook needs to step their woke game up
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2017, 04:26:15 PM »

Asexual

Female to male trans man

Female to male transgender man

Female to male transsexual man

F2M

Gender neutral

Hermaphrodite

Intersex man

Intersex person

Intersex woman

Male to female trans woman

Male to female transgender woman