[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

What is your standard for joining the "fire Wojo" posts this year?

Nothing could shake my faith. Wojo is the savior.
72 (38.3%)
Being projected outside of the Bubble
30 (16%)
Losing to DePaul. God I hate losing to DePaul.
34 (18.1%)
Our first L
7 (3.7%)
Don't care about the record, but a sub-150 KenPom D efficiency rating will kill me
45 (23.9%)

Total Members Voted: 188

Author Topic: Woj Colored Glasses  (Read 25284 times)

SixWinsInMarch

• Walk-On
Re: Woj Colored Glasses
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2017, 08:02:07 PM »
We gave Wojo our Set of the Week for a play he drew up vs. VCU in Maui. Based off his ability to recruit and the strides the've made offensively I think giving him time to figure it out defensively is prudent. Having Rowsey and Howard playing together is a double edged sword. Here's a link to our article for anyone interested:

https://sixwinsinmarch.wordpress.com/2017/11/26/six-wins-set-of-the-week-marquette

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2017, 08:38:03 PM »
We gave Wojo our Set of the Week for a play he drew up vs. VCU in Maui. Based off his ability to recruit and the strides the've made offensively I think giving him time to figure it out defensively is prudent. Having Rowsey and Howard playing together is a double edged sword. Here's a link to our article for anyone interested:

https://sixwinsinmarch.wordpress.com/2017/11/26/six-wins-set-of-the-week-marquette

Love your logo - too bad it isn't practical to work Marquette's in there...
Have some patience, FFS.

SixWinsInMarch

• Walk-On
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2017, 08:43:10 PM »

Thank you so much!!

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2017, 09:02:02 PM »
...unless we change our goal to be 6 wins in MUrch which sounds way less stressful than 'March' (but it is a solid logo).

Good analysis of back to back plays.  Thanks for sharing.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2018, 04:13:55 PM »
Sub 150 Kenpom D: Check
Loss to DePaul: Check
Off the Bubble: I don't think we're "next four out" anywhere

I'm glad the 40.7% of you are still keeping the faith, but I hope you'll all consider Wojo's seat to be just a bit above 0 Kelvin next year. Or even this year if we lose out which, after today, doesn't seem completely far fetched.

Yeeeash.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2018, 04:16:16 PM »
The only thing that get me on the 'fire Wojo' bandwagon this year is NCAA violations.    I think this team will be a bubble team again.  3 of the  group of 4 freshman/Froling/Sacar have to hit, as well as Haanif improving for this to be more than a bubble team.   
Prescient.  Whole bunch of people looking at sanctions.  Freshmen are OK, bit I wouldn't call them hits.   I stand by this.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2018, 04:20:55 PM »
Prescient.  Whole bunch of people looking at sanctions.  Freshmen are OK, bit I wouldn't call them hits.   I stand by this.

Unless there's a big turnaround (3 straight wins, minimum, which, btw we haven't done since beating the powerhouse of WI, NIU and American) no one is going to be sweating selection Sunday. I'd call that not a bubble team.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2018, 04:22:34 PM »
Wojo’s seat is ice, ice cold.

A week ago people were saying we were the worst team in the BE and weren’t going to win another game.

Lose one chucker, add two impact player and another high ceiling freshman. Just get me that point guard. My only concern with Wojo is no point guard who understands how to control a game.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

1SE

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2018, 04:30:06 PM »
Wojo’s seat is ice, ice cold.

A week ago people were saying we were the worst team in the BE and weren’t going to win another game.

Lose one chucker, add two impact player and another high ceiling freshman. Just get me that point guard. My only concern withurWojo is no point guard who understands how to control a game.

If we lose out (which I think is as likely as winning 3 in a row) and you don't think we should at least have our finger in the air THIS year.

If we do not make the NCAA this year, the seat has to be warm for next year. I too, am hopeful that the pieces will work. But what happens when we don't land the stud PG that everyone seems to assume is already a lock? What happens when we have another mid-season transfer? Do we give Wojo another pass because he still doesn't have "his guys"?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2018, 04:41:08 PM »
I promise you that even if we lose out, Wojos butt will still be frosty. Unless there are sanctions, have a losing season,  or there are significant locker room issues Wojo will not be fired next season. Barring disaster he will get 6 years.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2018, 04:48:25 PM »
If we lose out (which I think is as likely as winning 3 in a row) and you don't think we should at least have our finger in the air THIS year.

I don’t understand your logic here.
So, you don’t think that we will lose out this year but want Wojo fired regardless?

1SE

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2018, 04:51:00 PM »
I promise you that even if we lose out, Wojos butt will still be frosty. Unless there are sanctions, have a losing season,  or there are significant locker room issues Wojo will not be fired next season. Barring disaster he will get 6 years.

6 years? FFS. I don't understand you Wojo homers at all. What have you possibly seen that warrants a 6-year guarantee? So we can see what happens when his THIRD recruiting class becomes upperclassmen?

Wojo either can't recruit, can't coach, or some of both. There are no other explanations at this point. If we don't make the NCAA next year with a team that you all think should be a secured seed/second weekend, then he needs to go.

And if we lose out this year we're 16-15 and not going to the NIT. A grand total of one first-round exit in 4 years should at least have the BOTs eyes open if, by some happenstance, some ideal candidate falls in their laps.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2018, 04:57:17 PM »
Slurp...slurp.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2018, 05:06:58 PM »
Slurp...slurp.

Dealing in the realm of reality = slurper.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2018, 05:09:55 PM »
Dealing in the realm of reality = slurper.
No, failure to recognize mediocrity of Wojo =slurper. But...we will be really good next year.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2018, 05:12:18 PM »
6 years? FFS. I don't understand you Wojo homers at all. What have you possibly seen that warrants a 6-year guarantee? So we can see what happens when his THIRD recruiting class becomes upperclassmen?

Wojo either can't recruit, can't coach, or some of both. There are no other explanations at this point. If we don't make the NCAA next year with a team that you all think should be a secured seed/second weekend, then he needs to go.

And if we lose out this year we're 16-15 and not going to the NIT. A grand total of one first-round exit in 4 years should at least have the BOTs eyes open if, by some happenstance, some ideal candidate falls in their laps.
I could be wrong but I don’t think TAMU is necessarily saying what he wants to happen but rather what he believes will happen re Wojo
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:13:58 PM by NickelDimer »
No Finish Line

1SE

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2018, 05:18:26 PM »
I could be wrong but I don’t think TAMU is necessarily saying what he wants to happen but rather what he believes will happen re Wojo

Maybe, but presumably if enough people vote with their feet (or wallets I guess) maybe the BOT will take notice. Although I guess that will be obscured next year with the new stadium.

I really want to believe that all of the pieces are coming together. But when you lose to DePaul, when your NCAA tournament life is on the line (along with all of the other disappointments over the past year/4 years) it's hard to see the light in that tunnel, or to balance the creeping mediocrity against the Villanova win and a 1st round tourney exit.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:23:14 PM by 1SE »

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2018, 05:19:52 PM »
Sadly, I am agreeing with this analysis.  I am not saying Wojo deserves 6 years, but unless the Warriors completely collapse next season, Wojo will be the Warriors head coach for the 2019-2020 season.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2018, 05:20:27 PM »

There are lots of insecure people who gain a modicum of security by being associated with someone who came from Duke. This insecurity  starts with Lovell, works its way through the Board of Trustees and then to the slurpers on this website.   
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2018, 05:20:33 PM »
Maybe, but presumably if enough people vote with their feet (or wallets I guess) maybe the BOT will take notice. Although I guess that will be obscured next year with the new stadium.

I really want to believe that all of the pieces are coming together. But when you lose to DePaul, when you're NCAA tournament life is on the line (along with all of the other disappointments over the past year/4 years) it's hard to see the light in that tunnel, or to balance the creeping mediocrity against the Villanova win and a 1st round tourney exit.
Yeah I don’t believe they are. At this point I’m just hoping I’m wrong. I want nothing more. But I don’t believe in Wojo
No Finish Line

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2018, 05:22:51 PM »
There are lots of insecure people who gain a modicum of security by being associated with someone who came from Duke. This insecurity  starts with Lovell, works its way through the Board of Trustees and then to the slurpers on this website.

Lol. There it is. Was wondering when the blame game started for your pretending that Wojo should be taking a team with a single senior and single junior on it to a top 3 finish and S16 appearance. Sad that you would intentionally set an insane bar just so at this point in the season you can bash Wojo for not “meeting expectations.”

Of all the stupidity you’ve shared here, this might take the cake. Well done.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:24:46 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

1SE

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2018, 05:25:58 PM »
Yeah I don’t believe they are. At this point I’m just hoping I’m wrong. I want nothing more. But I don’t believe in Wojo

The problem is he does *just enough* to not get fired. I gif'ed it before, but he's the Peter Gibbons of NCAA basketball coaches.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2018, 05:26:02 PM »
Almost wish Wojo would be caught up in the NCAA scandal...seems to be the only way the BT and admin would even consider firing him. But hey, he has good kids(off the court), and the graduate. That's all that matters now days in the big time world of NCAA hoops, right?? I miss the days when winning truly mattered to everyone at MU. It makes me sad. Heck, even a lot of the fans have adopted the(at least the kids stay out of trouble) mantra. That's pathetic. This was a once proud program not long ago..yet, so many are willing to give Wojo essentially all the slack he wants(1 NCAA appearance and 1st round exit) in 4 years, is okay with some.

MAYBE just maybe, if they play the final game at the BC in front of a half filled arena, it might make a few people notice, but sadly, that's not going to happen.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2018, 05:27:26 PM »
Almost wish Wojo would be caught up in the NCAA scandal...seems to be the only way the BT and admin would even consider firing him. But hey, he has good kids(off the court), and the graduate. That's all that matters now days in the big time world of NCAA hoops, right?? I miss the days when winning truly mattered to everyone at MU. It makes me sad. Heck, even a lot of the fans have adopted the(at least the kids stay out of trouble) mantra. That's pathetic. This was a once proud program not long ago..yet, so many are willing to give Wojo essentially all the slack he wants(1 NCAA appearance and 1st round exit) in 4 years, is okay with some.

MAYBE just maybe, if they play the final game at the BC in front of a half filled arena, it might make a few people notice, but sadly, that's not going to happen.

Talk about a loser...

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2018, 05:28:57 PM »
Lol. There it is. Was wondering when the blame game started for your pretending that Wojo should be taking a team with a single senior and single junior on it to a top 3 finish and S16 appearance. Sad that you would intentionally set an insane bar just so at this point in the season you can bash Wojo for not “meeting expectations.”

Of all the stupidity you’ve shared here, this might take the cake. Well done.

However, if Wojo's first and second recruiting class had developed, there wouldn't be only 1 senior and 1 junior.  Wojo has to take some of the blame for the lack of developed upper classmen.

Next year is the crucial year in my mind, but posters have a reason to question Wojo's capabilities.

feedback