Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UWM "rivalry" renewed!  (Read 16221 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: UWM "rivalry" renewed!
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2017, 03:38:26 PM »
This thing is BYOB right?

If you know a way to get it in, let me know. They are inspecting bags.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2017, 04:30:42 PM »
So now the badgers are playing N. Iowa in a fund raiser on 11/1 EXCEPT the tickets are free(they are suggesting donations), how do you raise funds that way? Certainly with over a week and their large proud fanbase they could have sold tickets.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2017, 04:40:14 PM »
Now we will be able to hear how Bucky started charitable exhibition games wayyyyyyy before any other team...............similar to jump around.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2017, 04:41:07 PM »
So now the badgers are playing N. Iowa in a fund raiser on 11/1 EXCEPT the tickets are free(they are suggesting donations), how do you raise funds that way? Certainly with over a week and their large proud fanbase they could have sold tickets.

They were passing the baskets at the Marquette game. I saw a great deal of cash going in them, but I doubt the average would have matched what they charged for tickets.
Have some patience, FFS.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2017, 04:48:55 PM »
Well, the MU-UWM game raised at least $31,755 according to the check presented to the Red Cross at the game.  That's before the in-game collections were added.  Does anyone know how much was collected?

Let's see what big old bucky raises in their big old arena.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2017, 09:11:51 AM »
Well, the MU-UWM game raised at least $31,755 according to the check presented to the Red Cross at the game.  That's before the in-game collections were added.  Does anyone know how much was collected?

Let's see what big old bucky raises in their big old arena.

It's great that we raised tens of thousands; without question a great thing.

But if we're going to start making comparisons, it's worth mentioning that we could likely have dramatically increased the donation with a big name opponent from a lapsed rivalry (ND?).  For example, it is estimated that the KU-Mizzou game raised over $1.8 million. 

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article180343846.html

Again, this is not a criticism of what MU and UWM did - it is wonderful that they did anything.  But let's not get into the comparison game, lest we open ourselves up to comparisons that don't look so great.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2017, 09:15:41 AM »
Kansas/Missouri also had a pay-per-view stream of the game; had Marquette done the same I would have definitely donated.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2017, 10:15:35 AM »
Kansas/Missouri also had a pay-per-view stream of the game; had Marquette done the same I would have definitely donated.
Thought there was an NCAA limitation on media coverage re waivers for such charity games?

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2017, 10:37:13 AM »

But if we're going to start making comparisons, it's worth mentioning that we could likely have dramatically increased the donation with a big name opponent from a lapsed rivalry (ND?).  For example, it is estimated that the KU-Mizzou game raised over $1.8 million. 

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article180343846.html

Again, this is not a criticism of what MU and UWM did - it is wonderful that they did anything.  But let's not get into the comparison game, lest we open ourselves up to comparisons that don't look so great.

ND had their own game....http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Fridays-free-ND-vs-Holy-Cross-basketball-game-to-benefit-hurricane-relief-451929703.html

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2017, 10:42:16 AM »

But if we're going to start making comparisons, it's worth mentioning that we could likely have dramatically increased the donation with a big name opponent from a lapsed rivalry (ND?).  For example, it is estimated that the KU-Mizzou game raised over $1.8 million

Well to be fair, there are very few matchups that would make more than KU-Mizzou (KU and Mizzou HATE each other). 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2017, 12:41:01 PM »
Plus, they had close to 19,000 at the Sprint Center.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2017, 01:41:10 PM »
Let MU play ND, the first game of the new arena next year, they would fill it for charity for sure.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2017, 09:35:50 PM »
Well to be fair, there are very few matchups that would make more than KU-Mizzou (KU and Mizzou HATE each other).

I get that.  I was just reacting to a comment about how much we raised, which seemed to assume that it would probably be more than UW ("big old bucky") raises. 

Anyhow, great that we did this.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2017, 08:17:41 AM »
Hi guys,
As someone going through this experience. Let me say every little bit helps. As I've said before I'm better than most, lost a few material things that will be replaced. Have had to endure long lines for everything, no power, comms when I'm lucky (getting a lot better, but so slow I don't post often, posting in front of City Hall where I can get some wifi). This city is lucky as it is recovering faster than most. Just want to say thanks to all who donate no matter the amount and that I'm proud of MU to be one of the first to do the game/charity thing. Lots more has to be done as thousands of people survived this with only the clothes they had on. Lets not make this into who is raising more or less (I know it's Scoop ) Thanks all! Love you all!
Goal is National Championship

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2017, 08:32:49 AM »
Hi guys,
As someone going through this experience. Let me say every little bit helps. As I've said before I'm better than most, lost a few material things that will be replaced. Have had to endure long lines for everything, no power, comms when I'm lucky (getting a lot better, but so slow I don't post often, posting in front of City Hall where I can get some wifi). This city is lucky as it is recovering faster than most. Just want to say thanks to all who donate no matter the amount and that I'm proud of MU to be one of the first to do the game/charity thing. Lots more has to be done as thousands of people survived this with only the clothes they had on. Lets not make this into who is raising more or less (I know it's Scoop ) Thanks all! Love you all!

Thanks for putting in perspective, Newsie.  Stay safe!
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback