[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What are Ticket Options  (Read 1344 times)

MUBigDance

• All American
What are Ticket Options
« on: October 25, 2017, 03:52:41 PM »
What are your thoughts on MU Ticket/Seat options?

Do you think we will see the same offerings with the new arena?

I think everyone is different here...some have money others don't, some have time and energy to go to every game, others maybe 5 or 6 a year. Maybe the nose-bleeds aren't for you but others don't care and just want to be there.

What do you think. Any advice, suggestions or thoughts.

MY Situation:
I just bought 3 "Win Every Day Mobile Pass" tickets at $99/ea no fees ($297 total). Its a sort-of-season-ticket to Marquette games with different seats every time sent to your phone 24hrs before tip. got 2 last year.  but there are PROs and CONs.

PROs: no frills, low cost if you use them, sometimes good seats (got lower bowl for Villanova last year). But sometimes not (a few times high in the corner). 50-50 lower upper last year. You have a low cost seat for every game (I paid $35x3 one year for UW game from tixExchange...don't have to worry about that). So you don't have to hustle for a ticket for any given game.

CONs: No season ticket holder benefits. Can't resell. Can't pick your seats if you like aisles, legroom, upper, lower, etc...  I also only used 7 of the 18 last year. Reality is I will only go to 6 or 7 this year. But when its just two of us (with wife or Son)...we will have an open seat next to us (that wasn't too expensive to waste :) ). Not hard to send mobile ticket id to another phone so my son used it a couple of times with his friend. I predict that we will use 18-20 of the 54 "seats" we bought.

Other options I've considered:
Real season tickets: Expensive, can be resold, you pick your seats, and perhaps you sit next to the same people you get to know and cheer with throughout the season. I have friends who have had this experience. But too $$ for me.

4-Pack: I considered the 4-pack but upper-endzone seats $69+fees were still $80+ for 5-games (bonus game added)...so x3= $240. Upper-corners at $100+ ($89+fees). Also not necessarily the games I want or will be free for. I want the Christmas week games but X/GT not in the same bundle.

Off the Street: I'm not the type to buy from the guys on the street although that could be fun...did it once by myself..lower bowl, good price, nice guy...and was sandwiched uncomfortable in the middle of a row.

Ticket Exchange: Maybe a good option for a 1-game ticket. One year I got a bunch of lesser games for ~$8 in the 410-414 sections and a couple of more expensive games but was it somewhat of a hassle. At the end of that year I knew I had to do something different.

There also seems to be new offers from the ticket office through the year...I know theres one just before BE season kicks off.

warriorchick

• All American
Re: What are Ticket Options
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 04:12:24 PM »
What are your thoughts on MU Ticket/Seat options?

Do you think we will see the same offerings with the new arena?

I think everyone is different here...some have money others don't, some have time and energy to go to every game, others maybe 5 or 6 a year. Maybe the nose-bleeds aren't for you but others don't care and just want to be there.

What do you think. Any advice, suggestions or thoughts.

MY Situation:
I just bought 3 "Win Every Day Mobile Pass" tickets at $99/ea no fees ($297 total). Its a sort-of-season-ticket to Marquette games with different seats every time sent to your phone 24hrs before tip. got 2 last year.  but there are PROs and CONs.

PROs: no frills, low cost if you use them, sometimes good seats (got lower bowl for Villanova last year). But sometimes not (a few times high in the corner). 50-50 lower upper last year. You have a low cost seat for every game (I paid $35x3 one year for UW game from tixExchange...don't have to worry about that). So you don't have to hustle for a ticket for any given game.

CONs: No season ticket holder benefits. Can't resell. Can't pick your seats if you like aisles, legroom, upper, lower, etc...  I also only used 7 of the 18 last year. Reality is I will only go to 6 or 7 this year. But when its just two of us (with wife or Son)...we will have an open seat next to us (that wasn't too expensive to waste :) ). Not hard to send mobile ticket id to another phone so my son used it a couple of times with his friend. I predict that we will use 18-20 of the 54 "seats" we bought.

Other options I've considered:
Real season tickets: Expensive, can be resold, you pick your seats, and perhaps you sit next to the same people you get to know and cheer with throughout the season. I have friends who have had this experience. But too $$ for me.

4-Pack: I considered the 4-pack but upper-endzone seats $69+fees were still $80+ for 5-games (bonus game added)...so x3= $240. Upper-corners at $100+ ($89+fees). Also not necessarily the games I want or will be free for. I want the Christmas week games but X/GT not in the same bundle.

Off the Street: I'm not the type to buy from the guys on the street although that could be fun...did it once by myself..lower bowl, good price, nice guy...and was sandwiched uncomfortable in the middle of a row.

Ticket Exchange: Maybe a good option for a 1-game ticket. One year I got a bunch of lesser games for ~$8 in the 410-414 sections and a couple of more expensive games but was it somewhat of a hassle. At the end of that year I knew I had to do something different.

There also seems to be new offers from the ticket office through the year...I know theres one just before BE season kicks off.

Question #1:

Looks like you have done a great job of laying out every single argument.  So what exactly are you looking for from the rest of us?

Question #2:

No.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 04:24:25 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 08:58:41 PM »
Well, the Marquette ticket office gets a boat load of call during National Marquette Day for tickets when the game ends up being a sell out. Well, National Marquette Day and the final ever game at the Bradley Center is part of the mini plan. Plus, you get the home opener for free.

The moblie pass plan has more than tripled in sales so far this year.

I do expect most of these plans will be around for the new arena.

Last, avoid ticketmaster fees and buy singles at the Al McGuire Center or the Bradley Center Box Office.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 09:00:53 PM by bradley center bat »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 09:30:39 PM »
As others have said, it's hard to know exactly what you're looking for...but sounds like the mobile pass has enough negatives that you're reconsidering.  If you can't afford full season tix and find a mini-pack that includes games you're interested in, I'd go with that.  If none of the mini packs appeal, you'd probably want to go with single games. 

The best solution is different for different people....

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 09:39:34 PM »
As others have said, it's hard to know exactly what you're looking for...but sounds like the mobile pass has enough negatives that you're reconsidering.  If you can't afford full season tix and find a mini-pack that includes games you're interested in, I'd go with that.  If none of the mini packs appeal, you'd probably want to go with single games. 

The best solution is different for different people....

Aren't the cheapest full season tix $25 more than the mobile pass?  Unless it is a super-popular game, you can always move over to a better, empty seat.
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 09:47:41 PM »
Aren't the cheapest full season tix $25 more than the mobile pass?  Unless it is a super-popular game, you can always move over to a better, empty seat.

Yep.  If you just want to get in, it looks like $125 for the upper end zone seats.  Not bad for ~18 games....