[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by cheebs09
[Today at 04:00:16 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marquette NBA Thread  (Read 439245 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: Marquette NBA Thread
« Reply #850 on: September 01, 2020, 10:25:02 AM »
I am not surprised that Jimmy ended up the better player in the NBA.  Jae always gives max effort, but is an undersized forward who isn't going to create his own shot at this level.  Jimmy is the natural size for a G/F and is plenty athletic enough to be a star.  Couple that with his effort and there is no doubt as to why he is the alpha player.

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #851 on: September 01, 2020, 02:26:32 PM »
I am not surprised that Jimmy ended up the better player in the NBA.  Jae always gives max effort, but is an undersized forward who isn't going to create his own shot at this level.  Jimmy is the natural size for a G/F and is plenty athletic enough to be a star.  Couple that with his effort and there is no doubt as to why he is the alpha player.
Agreed. Plus, both of them are better than any players on the Bulls.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #852 on: September 01, 2020, 02:42:08 PM »
The Bulls refusing to see Butler as a star player to build around was one of many, many blunders that John Paxson and Gar Forman made that consistently prevented the organization from reaching its potential as a championship contender.  Jimmy is everything you want as an NBA fan: skilled, hard-working, refuses to lose, is vocal about teammates not giving maximum effort and is a winner.  Alas, the Bulls found more value in acquiring LaVine, Markkanen and Dunn - major fail.  The T'Wolves and Sixers made the same mistake.  He fits with Miami like a glove. 

Great exposure and attention last night for MU alums.  Odd that Wojo was mentioned and that Buzz wasn't, especially since Wojo didn't coach any of the MU guys in the game.  Buzz deserved a shout out too.   

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #853 on: September 01, 2020, 05:02:26 PM »
The Bulls refusing to see Butler as a star player to build around was one of many, many blunders that John Paxson and Gar Forman made that consistently prevented the organization from reaching its potential as a championship contender.  Jimmy is everything you want as an NBA fan: skilled, hard-working, refuses to lose, is vocal about teammates not giving maximum effort and is a winner.  Alas, the Bulls found more value in acquiring LaVine, Markkanen and Dunn - major fail.  The T'Wolves and Sixers made the same mistake.  He fits with Miami like a glove. 

Great exposure and attention last night for MU alums.  Odd that Wojo was mentioned and that Buzz wasn't, especially since Wojo didn't coach any of the MU guys in the game.  Buzz deserved a shout out too.   
Agreed about Buzz and all else. Paxton and Foeman were a mess. I think only the Knicks have been worse the past 5 years. LaVine should be a third option on a good team. The rest are bench quality players.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #854 on: September 01, 2020, 05:30:07 PM »
Agreed about Buzz and all else. Paxton and Foeman were a mess. I think only the Knicks have been worse the past 5 years. LaVine should be a third option on a good team. The rest are bench quality players.

I’m sure Buzz called ESPN and TNT to remind them
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #855 on: September 01, 2020, 05:53:06 PM »

Buzz isn't our coach. Crean recruited Wes and he wasn't mentioned either.  The comment was in regards to Wojo using it for recruiting to MU.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #856 on: September 01, 2020, 06:40:20 PM »
I’m sure Buzz called ESPN and TNT to remind them

Wrong. He wrote a bunch of letters.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #857 on: September 01, 2020, 08:28:18 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #858 on: September 01, 2020, 10:00:03 PM »
Chico’s defending his boy.....right on cue!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #859 on: September 01, 2020, 10:51:57 PM »

Based on watching him in the TBT?

Yes.

In any event, you are missing my bigger point. I agree with those who say he won’t make it in the NBA. I just happen to think his age is a bigger issue than his skillset. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #860 on: September 02, 2020, 07:51:39 AM »

Yes.

In any event, you are missing my bigger point. I agree with those who say he won’t make it in the NBA. I just happen to think his age is a bigger issue than his skillset. Nothing more, nothing less.

And I don't think that his skill set is much better than it was five years ago.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #861 on: September 02, 2020, 09:23:06 AM »

And I don't think that his skill set is much better than it was five years ago.

Fair enough. We'll just have to disagree.

Either way, we will never know, because we likely will never see him play in the NBA, and I doubt GMs are gonna tell us why.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #862 on: September 02, 2020, 09:24:01 AM »

Fair enough. We'll just have to disagree.

Haven't you scooped before? This is not an option.
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #863 on: September 02, 2020, 09:25:19 AM »
Haven't you scooped before? This is not an option.

Yeah, I know.

I should probably make a nasty comment about him or his family...like his momma is a vegan, or something....

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #864 on: September 03, 2020, 09:20:35 AM »
wonder if Jimmy thought about the FSU game when he went 4-12 at the FT in that gym and MU lost by 1

MU82

• All American
« Reply #865 on: September 03, 2020, 10:53:32 AM »
Lots of love for Wes' defense on Jimmy last night, including a couple of specific Marquette references. Great to hear that stuff!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU24

• Starter
« Reply #866 on: September 03, 2020, 01:58:13 PM »
Jimmy arm-barring/shoving Wesley after a dead-ball play was a little odd to see. As a Bucks and Marquette fan it was even more gut-wrenching to see Jimmy end the Bucks in both games. Crowder with some deep and huge threes didnt help.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #867 on: September 03, 2020, 02:02:29 PM »
Jimmy arm-barring/shoving Wesley after a dead-ball play was a little odd to see. As a Bucks and Marquette fan it was even more gut-wrenching to see Jimmy end the Bucks in both games. Crowder with some deep and huge threes didnt help.

Yeah. Though I did notice Jae and Wes seemed rather friendly, you could see Wes calm Jae down when a shoving match was about to break out.
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #868 on: September 03, 2020, 02:25:33 PM »
JFB and Wes are going to be fine.  All part of the game.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #869 on: September 03, 2020, 02:26:55 PM »
JFB and Wes are going to be fine.  All part of the game.

Well yeah, I mean Jae and Jimmy got into a brawl when they were on the Celtics and bulls respectively and they're alright. Just seemed interesting seeing how one might view a friend playing on the other team.
Maigh Eo for Sam

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #870 on: September 03, 2020, 11:10:25 PM »
Well yeah, I mean Jae and Jimmy got into a brawl when they were on the Celtics and bulls respectively and they're alright. Just seemed interesting seeing how one might view a friend playing on the other team.

Wes committed a hard foul on Bam. JFB is the leader of that team, so he gave Wes a little shove as he went to pick up his teammate. They didn’t jaw, Wes didn’t react. It was a total non issue. They are buddies but teammates come before friends, especially in the playoffs

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #871 on: September 04, 2020, 07:56:35 PM »
Jimmy to Jae for the exclamation.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #872 on: September 06, 2020, 10:17:50 AM »
Yeah. Though I did notice Jae and Wes seemed rather friendly, you could see Wes calm Jae down when a shoving match was about to break out.

Of course those two didn't play together at Marquette, and there was a whole year in between so it's unlikely Crowder met Wes on a recruiting visit even.  Their connection is as fellow alums, but not as teammates.  Jimmy played with both Wes and Jae though.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #873 on: September 06, 2020, 10:22:00 AM »
The Miami Crowder-Butlers are a better team then the Milwaukee Mathews.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #874 on: September 06, 2020, 05:28:09 PM »
#14 gots da swag, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback