[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18  (Read 280038 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18
« Reply #975 on: October 15, 2017, 06:56:42 PM »
I don’t think you sign Kaepernick because I think best case scenario is the rest of your team gets healthy and you sneak into the Playoffs and lose right away. We’ve seen that enough from the Packers, and we also have NOT seen anything to suggest the rest of the Packers can stay healthy.

I know BeeJay and his Vikings fan friends get all excited about the possibility of actually winning a division title, but at this point that’s no longer enough for the Packers. We’ve done that enough.

In my opinion the Packers should roll with what they have and try to win as many games as they can. See what you have in Hundley and see if you can squeak into the Playoffs behind a guy you will have around beyond this season backing up Rodgers. And if you fall short then you get a better draft pick.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 07:01:45 PM by QuentinsWorld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #976 on: October 15, 2017, 07:12:24 PM »
I don't want Kaep anywhere near the Packers, I don't care if he is better than Hundley. With the injuries on this team they are a sub .500 team and Id rather they get a high draft pick then tread water(assuming Rodgers is done). Kaep specifically (note not the players or the protest, Kaep himself) offends me and I don't want him near a team I cheer for. There is zero upside to signing him.

+++ a hundred-bravobravo!!  sad to say(not a knock on you), but your comment brings credibility to what many here have said and/or think and gotten beat up for-thankyouthankyouthankyou...............

not to mention, kaepernick has a grievance lawsuit going against the nfl owners-all the more reason to stay away
don't...don't don't don't don't

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #977 on: October 15, 2017, 07:18:29 PM »
  Most thought the Vikings would never make it without Bridgewater and Peterson last season and thought they wasted their money on Bradford, but they squeezed in.

Oh really? #fakenews

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #978 on: October 15, 2017, 07:22:27 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #979 on: October 15, 2017, 07:29:06 PM »
The Packers would be fools to not sign CK.  The pool of available quality quarterbacks is not deep.

I'm sure when they don't many will agree with you that they're fools. I'm not so sure.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #980 on: October 15, 2017, 07:41:11 PM »
+++ a hundred-bravobravo!!  sad to say(not a knock on you), but your comment brings credibility to what many here have said and/or think and gotten beat up for-thankyouthankyouthankyou...............

not to mention, kaepernick has a grievance lawsuit going against the nfl owners-all the more reason to stay away

Yup.  Why would any owner want this guy on the sidelines knowing that whomever is in the game will be questioned for every incomplete pass.  Not worth it.  He decided to do his thing last year, he opted out of his contract with the 49ers, who were likely to jettison him anyway because of this distractions.  Do it on his own team. No need to pollute Packer nation with this, but there is part of me that wishes they would just to shut some people up.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #981 on: October 15, 2017, 07:45:47 PM »
Pollute Packer nation? Lolz

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #982 on: October 15, 2017, 07:48:59 PM »
#TonyRomo

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #983 on: October 15, 2017, 07:50:12 PM »
Tut, tut, Packer fans.  Minnesotan here.    Lemme tell let you in on how your season will go:  (SPOILER ALERT)

The Vikings will mostly screw up their remaining games.  GB will win just enough to be in the hunt, then December rolls around and surprise, Rodgers' shoulder will be healed, he'll win the final few games and GB will be in the playoffs.

And and and .. GB will play @ Vikings in the playoffs, and Rodgers will beat them handily.

I've seen this movie before.   

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #984 on: October 15, 2017, 07:52:52 PM »
Pollute Packer nation? Lolz
I can't tell if this is teal or not.......

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #985 on: October 15, 2017, 07:53:54 PM »
Hundley has a year left on his deal, even if he's good, they're not getting a high pick for him.

I meant to say that those were 2 possible outcomes - not that they were the only two. After re-reading my post it came out as they were the only two.

I disagree on Hundley's possible value though if he plays well. He could bring a 2nd rounder if he leads the Pack to a wild card.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #986 on: October 15, 2017, 07:56:41 PM »
I can't tell if this is teal or not.......

Kinda the point.

But people are making it out to be like Kaep is a career criminal. If Donte Stallworth and Michael Vick could survive, so can Kaep.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #987 on: October 15, 2017, 08:03:22 PM »
Tut, tut, Packer fans.  Minnesotan here.    Lemme tell let you in on how your season will go:  (SPOILER ALERT)

The Vikings will mostly screw up their remaining games.  GB will win just enough to be in the hunt, then December rolls around and surprise, Rodgers' shoulder will be healed, he'll win the final few games and GB will be in the playoffs.

And and and .. GB will play @ Vikings in the playoffs, and Rodgers will beat them handily.

If it was his left shoulder I'd agree with you.  It being his throwing shoulder, the likelihood that he is able to return this season in playing shape is low.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #988 on: October 15, 2017, 08:16:31 PM »
UCLA conspiracy

Anthony Barr (UCLA) hurts Rodgers to give his college teammate, Brett Hundley (UCLA), the starting gig.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #989 on: October 15, 2017, 08:23:52 PM »
I don't like Kaepernick as a person either. Personally think he is a jackhole but not for the reasons most others do. But unless you can swing a trade for a quality backup (don't see it happening) or convince Romo to unretire and convince Big Jerry to let him go than you either sign Kaep or accept that you aren't going to the playoffs. I'm actually okay with that, but if we're going to tank then let's tank.

I think Kaep could get us to the playoffs (especially with how weak the NFC North is) but I don't disagree with the argument that making the playoffs doesn't mean anything to a franchise like Green Bay.

My official prediction is that they will see how Hundley does against the Saints. They will then decide whether or not to make a move on the bye week.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #990 on: October 15, 2017, 08:26:07 PM »
Yup.  Why would any owner want this guy on the sidelines knowing that whomever is in the game will be questioned for every incomplete pass.

Wouldn't be a problem in Green Bay. Kaepernick is much better than Hundley. Not even close.
TAMU

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #991 on: October 15, 2017, 08:30:18 PM »
I don't like Kaepernick as a person either. Personally think he is a jackhole but not for the reasons most others do. But unless you can swing a trade for a quality backup (don't see it happening) or convince Romo to unretire and convince Big Jerry to let him go than you either sign Kaep or accept that you aren't going to the playoffs. I'm actually okay with that, but if we're going to tank then let's tank.

I think Kaep could get us to the playoffs (especially with how weak the NFC North is) but I don't disagree with the argument that making the playoffs doesn't mean anything to a franchise like Green Bay.

My official prediction is that they will see how Hundley does against the Saints. They will then decide whether or not to make a move on the bye week.

Romo was released by the Cowboys.  He can unretire and sign with whomever he wishes.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #992 on: October 15, 2017, 08:38:26 PM »

Romo was released by the Cowboys.  He can unretire and sign with whomever he wishes.

My mistake, someone told me that the Cowboys still had his rights.
TAMU

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #993 on: October 15, 2017, 08:54:40 PM »
My mistake, someone told me that the Cowboys still had his rights.

I think they could have retained rights, but made a choice to not do so. But I'm ignorant re: NFL rules

Just going off a couple weirdos, but think he can sign freely
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #995 on: October 15, 2017, 09:18:49 PM »

Agree with the Vikings blowing their opportunity to pull away - you could set your watch by it - and the Packers staying close until the end.  Not so sure about Rodgers coming back though....

Tony Romo?  If he is the next best option after Kaepernick, we might as well go with Hundley and sign Randy Wright as a backup.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #996 on: October 15, 2017, 09:49:04 PM »
Kinda the point.

But people are making it out to be like Kaep is a career criminal. If Donte Stallworth and Michael Vick could survive, so can Kaep.
Got it. I agree with your examples of players who publicly atone in addition to going through the proper legal processes.  Vick is my go-to example when i'm asked "Dad, why aren't we rooting for player/team X?".  I personally don't think Kaep has anything to atone for publicly and he certainly does not legally.  America is the land of second opportunities so it shouldn't be that hard.....

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #997 on: October 15, 2017, 10:03:52 PM »
I have to laugh at the Romo suggestion. He's broken his collarbone three times. He's brittle and couldn't stay healthy behind the Cowboys great line. If he came back for the Pack, he last two games.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #998 on: October 15, 2017, 10:49:54 PM »
If it was his left shoulder I'd agree with you.  It being his throwing shoulder, the likelihood that he is able to return this season in playing shape is low.

That it's his throwing arm only makes me double down.   

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #999 on: October 16, 2017, 10:30:08 AM »
Well it was probably not happening anyway,  but filing an official grievance is probably the final nail in Kaeps coffin. Cmon Romo!
TAMU

feedback