[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18  (Read 279931 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18
« Reply #325 on: September 17, 2017, 03:54:16 PM »
What did they have to lose putting him in down 29 in the 4th, seriously? The game was over, the Bucs D called the dogs off, you can easily go back to Glennon to start against Pittsburgh. When else are you going to find him reps? If anyone was paying attention, they talked internally LAST WEEK about finding him reps mid game against Atlanta. They said they want to find him reps, it doesn't get much easier than that today to get him in a no pressure situation.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #326 on: September 17, 2017, 03:55:54 PM »
What did they have to lose putting him in down 29 in the 4th, seriously? The game was over, the Bucs D called the dogs off, you can easily go back to Glennon to start against Pittsburgh. When else are you going to find him reps? If anyone was paying attention, they talked internally LAST WEEK about finding him reps mid game against Atlanta. They said they want to find him reps, it doesn't get much easier than that today to get him in a no pressure situation.

So is this a Fox being Fox thing?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #327 on: September 17, 2017, 04:05:55 PM »
So is this a Fox being Fox thing?

It has to be.

Pace wants Trubisky to get his feet wet. When else are you going to find ideal time to put the kid in? It's not like the team is going to get healthier as the year goes on or find better receivers. With the heat in Tampa today, and the Bucs up 29, their defense (rightfully) was tired and playing loose late. Trubisky needs to keep getting under center and getting live reps.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #328 on: September 17, 2017, 04:08:26 PM »
Passing by jets raiders game-thought I was watching something from the 70's-who the hack still plays on a baseball field over the bare infield dirt??  I realize the raiders will be moving, but aren't they going to tear that up?  Plus, can't imagine being tackled on that schmit
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #329 on: September 17, 2017, 04:13:45 PM »
It has to be.

Pace wants Trubisky to get his feet wet. When else are you going to find ideal time to put the kid in? It's not like the team is going to get healthier as the year goes on or find better receivers. With the heat in Tampa today, and the Bucs up 29, their defense (rightfully) was tired and playing loose late. Trubisky needs to keep getting under center and getting live reps.

Probably should be looking at kaepernick, coexist, eheheh'na??  ::)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #330 on: September 17, 2017, 04:15:58 PM »
Passing by jets raiders game-thought I was watching something from the 70's-who the hack still plays on a baseball field over the bare infield dirt??  I realize the raiders will be moving, but aren't they going to tear that up?  Plus, can't imagine being tackled on that schmit

They will cover it after baseball season is over.  It's been that way since they moved back to Oakland in 1995.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #331 on: September 17, 2017, 04:17:44 PM »
It has to be.

This is why they just should have cleaned house.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #332 on: September 17, 2017, 04:18:17 PM »
Eddie Lacy already a healthy scratch in week 2.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #333 on: September 17, 2017, 04:27:25 PM »

This is why they just should have cleaned house.

It's a clown show, so frustrating year after year.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #334 on: September 17, 2017, 04:31:24 PM »
Probably should be looking at kaepernick, coexist, eheheh'na??  ::)

He'd be better than Glennon. Probably could have gotten him at a similar price too.

Much rather see Kaep air it out than another underneath route because Glennon has zero arm strength. Or sorry, was that just you trying to discredit Kaep at any chance you get? My bad.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #335 on: September 17, 2017, 04:55:46 PM »
Bears: 2-14, first win against 49ers on December 3; other win against Browns on Christmas Eve
November 13: Day John Fox is fired and interim coach named. Ryan Pace also fired by Thanksgiving

After Week 2 of the 2017 NFL Season, I stand by my prediction.

Anybody who listened to OB and Hampton with Koz today heard OB go nuts and Hampton just be beside himself.

Chicago is headed for a Cleveland Browns style meltdown. Fox will be gone right after the Home Packer game, when the Bears are 0-for-2017.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #336 on: September 17, 2017, 04:58:21 PM »
Anybody who listened to OB and Hampton with Koz today heard OB go nuts and Hampton just be beside himself.

So pretty much like every other week.  Even when they win.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #337 on: September 17, 2017, 05:16:58 PM »

Chicago is headed for a Cleveland Browns style meltdown. Fox will be gone right after the Home Packer game, when the Bears are 0-for-2017.

Highly unlikely Pace is fired after the season let alone during the season. He'll have the opportunity to pick the next head coach.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #338 on: September 17, 2017, 05:20:55 PM »

What Sultan said. OB is angry regardless of what happens.

Pace isn't going anywhere. Aside from White, his picks look like they can play. He'll get a chance to bring in his own guy to coach.

If Trubisky goes in today and doesn't play awful, you've got yourself a QB controversy. Keep him on the bench until you feel he's completely and totally ready. Based on preseason game 3, he's not there yet. When you make the move, give him a fresh, full week to prepare. This team is going no where. Why rush the franchise QB?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #339 on: September 17, 2017, 05:53:48 PM »
He'd be better than Glennon. Probably could have gotten him at a similar price too.

Much rather see Kaep air it out than another underneath route because Glennon has zero arm strength. Or sorry, was that just you trying to discredit Kaep at any chance you get? My bad.

Not actually diss'ing kaep, just kinda spreading the nfl love for the guy-waiting for the spike lee clown show to land at O'Hara.  Shouldn't  all the teams take some chit when kaep doesn't enter the conversation when it is seems kinda obvious they need a qb?

Actually, the bears would be a great place for him to break the barrier.  He has been known to nick the packers a little and they will be playing us twice. What do they have to lose until they feel a little better about trubitsky.  Serve him up and see what happens

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #340 on: September 17, 2017, 05:57:10 PM »
Not actually diss'ing kaep, just kinda spreading the nfl love for the guy-waiting for the spike lee clown show to land at O'Hara.  Shouldn't  all the teams take some chit when kaep doesn't enter the conversation when it is seems kinda obvious they need a qb?

Actually, the bears would be a great place for him to break the barrier.  He has been known to nick the packers a little and they will be playing us twice. What do they have to lose until they feel a little better about trubitsky.  Serve him up and see what happens

Actually kinda agree with this sentiment. Not sure what the timeline with Glennon/Kaep was but Glennon cant even throw the ball 20 yards.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #341 on: September 17, 2017, 06:15:38 PM »
Bulaga, Bakhtiari, and Spriggs all inactive.

I'll take the Falcons to cover -3.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #342 on: September 17, 2017, 09:07:41 PM »
Like the sun rises in the east, a Dom Capers defense getting absolutely smoked by a better than average offense.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #343 on: September 17, 2017, 09:11:21 PM »
Like the sun rises in the east, a Dom Capers defense getting absolutely smoked by a better than average offense.

Meh. Not many defenses are going to keep the Falcons from lighting up the scoreboard with average field position. When you give it to them at their 40 and at your 35 in two of their possessions, good luck.

Would've been surprised at a win in this game even if healthy. No chance with Daniels, Jordy, Bulaga, Bakhtiari, Brooks all out for essentially the entire game.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #344 on: September 17, 2017, 10:51:25 PM »

We hurt ourselves BUT, that bad call before the half was brutally bad. Changes the momentum

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #345 on: September 17, 2017, 11:09:41 PM »
Why? There's no point. Once they go to Trubisky there's no turning back. Once he goes in, he's the guy going forward.

I agree completely.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #346 on: September 18, 2017, 08:56:35 AM »
It's good to see the NFL officials are in mid-season form. I think ultimately the Packers would have lost, especially with all the players injured....but two pick plays called against the Packers resulted in at least an 11 point swing (field goal instead of touchdown and Falcon TD because of INT). The irony is that the Falcons ran the exact same pick play with no call to score their TD after the Rodgers INT. Juxtapose that with Brady talking the officials out of the same call earlier in the day and it's maddening.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #347 on: September 18, 2017, 09:33:11 AM »
It's good to see the NFL officials are in mid-season form. I think ultimately the Packers would have lost, especially with all the players injured....but two pick plays called against the Packers resulted in at least an 11 point swing (field goal instead of touchdown and Falcon TD because of INT). The irony is that the Falcons ran the exact same pick play with no call to score their TD after the Rodgers INT. Juxtapose that with Brady talking the officials out of the same call earlier in the day and it's maddening.

And unlike Bennett or Alison, Hooper was actually a good 3.5 yards down field when he picked Burnett.

But the Packers did themselves no favors and I think that game's a loss anyways.  But I personally come away from it thinking that even if we have to go there in the Playoffs, if we're relatively healthy I like our chances.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #348 on: September 18, 2017, 10:21:44 AM »
But the Packers did themselves no favors and I think that game's a loss anyways.  But I personally come away from it thinking that even if we have to go there in the Playoffs, if we're relatively healthy I like our chances.

You're more optimistic than I am. This feels like another "Harbaugh's Niners" situation, where it's a terrible matchup and the coaches have no idea how to deal with them.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #349 on: September 18, 2017, 10:28:09 AM »
You're more optimistic than I am. This feels like another "Harbaugh's Niners" situation, where it's a terrible matchup and the coaches have no idea how to deal with them.

I understand what you are saying, but I just don't know what they are supposed to do.  They controlled the ball, tied them at seven, forced a three and out.  Then couldn't move it.

The lack of a running game and pass protection was as big a reason for last night as the defense was. 

And yeah, the Falcons on turf are very tough.  I found it odd that a lot of people weren't predicting much for them this year.