[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Families in the Northeast pay twice as much for college  (Read 17525 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Families in the Northeast pay twice as much for college
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2017, 09:58:04 AM »
45% of college aged students at the end of this horizon will be Hispanic.  A very Catholic lot.  MU seems to have the right strategy.

Yep.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2017, 02:02:42 PM »
Yeah, I had not mentally made the Hispanic/Catholic link and it was not specifically mentioned in our briefing but it makes absolute sense.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2017, 05:22:38 PM »
I am from the Herman Cain camp. Not all of us colored folk want handouts or believe in the victim routine. We are all not bleeding heart liberals. Some of us even watch Fox News.

I worked my )7*%$ off lumping banana and meat loads for the truckers at the warehouses off Blue Mound back in the day.  One of the supervisors saw my work ethic  on the unloading dock and I got a unionized job in the warehouse. Since I was the low man on the totem pole( back in those non pc days that is what it was called) I was put in the freezer. In order not to freeze my &#$@^ off I set the all time record for freezer picking . Unfortunately, the union foreman ( a former MU football player who blew his knee out and was now driving a forklift) said , son that is not the way we do things here. You are to work for 15 minutes and take the rest of the hour off, as we have in the contract. That wised me up to the union and my goal was to be part of management. So I kept lumpin loads for extra money and saved my union earnings and that is how I paid for school. No freakin minority scholarship existed in those days.

Got good grades and ended up on Wall Street. Pure competition every day where no one cared what I looked like.  I eventually became a CEO on main street.  I did it all without affirmative action or people lowering standards for me and I am proud of that.  In fact on Wall Street I sat on the recruiting committees of a Bulge Bracket firm and a Major Bracket firm . I was the champion of  hiring people of all colors , creeds and sexual orientation; however, my firmly held position was to only hire the best. Not just hire tokens.  We have that same ideology in my company today. We only want winners not hangers on.

So you are a non traditional poster, a'aaianna?  ;)

Herman is a great guy. Met him before, and knew many people who knew him well during his Pilsbury days...he was highly thought of.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2017, 06:07:54 PM »
So you are a non traditional poster, a'aaianna?  ;)

Herman is a great guy. Met him before, and knew many people who knew him well during his Pilsbury days...he was highly thought of.

Did he snicker when you poked his belly?  I think that should be a requirement for anyone who works there.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2017, 06:16:04 PM »

Did he snicker when you poked his belly?  I think that should be a requirement for anyone who works there.

Ha. Most of the younger generation on this thread won't get the joke.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2017, 06:36:41 PM »
Ha. Most of the younger generation on this thread won't get the joke.

The Pillsbury dough boy ain't that old
TAMU

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2017, 07:11:25 PM »
Anyone else notice that when MUFINY is directly asked if he attended Marquette, he ignores it and changes his user name?
Have some patience, FFS.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2017, 07:35:47 PM »
Anyone else notice that when MUFINY is directly asked if he attended Marquette, he ignores it and changes his user name?

We know he's a wanna be domer. Poor guy.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2017, 06:51:11 AM »

I thought he was trying to avoid the banhammer after Rocky's racism warning, as though the mods would never figure it out.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2017, 08:52:39 AM »

He can't admit to being an alumni because than his story about being a black CEO falls apart. I asked around and as far anyone knows Marquette has never had an alumni of color who was a CEO, at least not for any company than anyone would have heard of. By not answering he can still pose as an alumni (which I think he is) but still claim to be a black CEO.
TAMU

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2017, 09:20:53 AM »
He can't admit to being an alumni because than his story about being a black CEO falls apart. I asked around and as far anyone knows Marquette has never had an alumni of color who was a CEO, at least not for any company than anyone would have heard of. By not answering he can still pose as an alumni (which I think he is) but still claim to be a black CEO.

I think the opposite.  I'm 99.99999999% sure he is not an alum.  He has never stated where he is an alum with the purpose of remaining an imposter alum.  The rest of his story may be true or it might be a total fabrication.  That I don't know.  But I am near certain that he is not an alum.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2017, 10:07:50 AM »

He could certainly be a CEO.  Just like my neighbor is the CEO of her independent Mary Kay consulting business.
Have some patience, FFS.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2017, 01:39:07 PM »
He could certainly be a CEO.  Just like my neighbor is the CEO of her independent Mary Kay consulting business.

Right, he said he was "a CEO on Main Street"...so he could be the CEO of a profitable multi-employee dog walking business for all we know.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2017, 04:31:22 PM »
For some reason I've always been under the impression that he went to Marquette High School (and no idea where he went to college).