[Today at 03:29:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[Today at 03:28:48 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1893979 times)

Knight Commission

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #9575 on: January 28, 2021, 09:30:54 PM »
I would have targeted victory for MU against DePaul but they lost. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9576 on: January 30, 2021, 07:53:16 AM »
So I guess Jon Stewart is permabanned from Scoop?

https://twitter.com/jonstewart/status/1355323168110632961
"Yes...I’ve come back up on you...much like one of your nasty nasty sandwiches...."
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9577 on: January 30, 2021, 05:45:31 PM »
Earlier this afternoon, a friend reminder me of something that bears repeating.

ND sucks.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9578 on: January 30, 2021, 07:54:15 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #9579 on: January 31, 2021, 07:26:35 AM »

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #9580 on: January 31, 2021, 04:28:02 PM »
There is a Reason Jay Bilas said as long as MU stays in the Old Big East MU will be in the Big ‪Dance. When MU Joined the Old Big East Mr Cords literally whispered in my ear MU will be very good for a very long time. After Marquette joined the New Big East Mr Lovell literally whispered in my ear Do not worry about it it is only basketball. ‬

Marquette would of Won Just as many, if not more NCAA games in the last 8 Years. Had MU stayed in Old Big East with UCONN and CUSE, Like UCONN and CUSE wanted MU to. Add some crappy football schools, it would of been a crappier conference But MU would of been in Control. Not the Potsy at the Poker Table like we are in the Néw BE. New Big East backers will disagree But it is the Truth. We Are Marquette! Go Marquette!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 05:01:57 PM by MarquetteMike1977 »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #9581 on: January 31, 2021, 04:30:19 PM »
Cuse wasn't in the Old Big East.  They had already moved to the ACC.

Staying in the AAC would have been a really bad move.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #9582 on: January 31, 2021, 04:50:30 PM »
Cuse wasn't in the Old Big East.  They had already moved to the ACC.

Staying in the AAC would have been a really bad move.

Cuse was in the Old Big East they did not leave until after we turned down ESPN’s crappy deal which we should of took. And Won more NCAA games.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 04:52:15 PM by MarquetteMike1977 »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9583 on: February 01, 2021, 09:51:30 AM »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #9584 on: February 01, 2021, 09:56:36 AM »
Cuse was in the Old Big East they did not leave until after we turned down ESPN’s crappy deal which we should of took. And Won more NCAA games.

Cuse was out of the BE when the C7 split away from what is now the AAC.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9585 on: February 01, 2021, 10:01:17 AM »
Hot Tub Time Machine is one of the best movies of all time.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9586 on: February 01, 2021, 10:21:44 AM »
Hot Tub Time Machine is one of the best movies of all time.

You mean one of the best ‘time machine’ movies of all time?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9587 on: February 01, 2021, 11:16:38 AM »

You mean one of the best ‘time machine’ movies of all time?

That too.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9588 on: February 01, 2021, 01:24:55 PM »
Interesting finding on concussions in football published today in JAMA Neurology.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/01/sports/concussions-college-football-practice.html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage

The authors of the new study, published in JAMA Neurology, a peer-reviewed journal, found that 72 percent of the concussions they reviewed over five college football seasons happened during practice. And although preseason training accounted for about one-fifth of the time the researchers studied, they found that nearly half of the concussions occurred during that period.

Changes to the rules that govern games, they wrote, “are an important component to protecting athletes during competition,” but they asserted that revisions to training activities before and during the season “could lead to a substantial reduction” in concussions.

---------------

So basically, practices are more dangerous than games, and preseason practices are especially problematic.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #9589 on: February 02, 2021, 02:38:51 AM »

Cuse was out of the BE when the C7 split away from what is now the AAC.

CUSE was in the Old Big East when MU was in the Old Big East and the Crappy ESPN deal was turned down. CUSE  and UCONN wanted us to stay and take the ESPN deal add crappy football schools and continue on. Cuse and UConn from “first hand knowledge”  could not believe we turned down the crappy ESPN deal. The conference would of been crappier Yes True But MU would of Had more control similar to the Old Big East and won some more NCAA games. Instead of being the potsy at the poker table with less power in the New Big East and Zero NCAA wins in 8 years to show for it. There is “much more” but that is all that can be said. MU just has to do the best they can with what they have been dealt.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 02:51:26 AM by MarquetteMike1977 »

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #9590 on: February 02, 2021, 02:44:46 AM »
There is a Reason Jay Bilas said as long as MU stays in the Old Big East MU will be in the Big ‪Dance. When MU Joined the Old Big East Mr Cords literally held his hand to my ear and whispered in my ear MU will be very good for a very long time. After Marquette joined the New Big East Mr Lovell literally held his hand to my ear and whispered in my ear Do not worry about it it is only basketball. ‬

Marquette was 8/8 in NCAA appearances in the Old Big East with at least 10 NCAA Big Dance Wins during that time.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9591 on: February 02, 2021, 08:28:22 AM »

Marquette was 8/8 in NCAA appearances in the Old Big East with at least 10 NCAA Big Dance Wins during that time.

Um they went 1-1 in 08, 1-1 in 09, 2-1 in 11, 2-1 in 12, 3-1 in 13 wheres the 10th win? They were 0-1 in 06, 07, & 10
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #9592 on: February 02, 2021, 08:31:34 AM »
CUSE was in the Old Big East when MU was in the Old Big East and the Crappy ESPN deal was turned down. CUSE  and UCONN wanted us to stay and take the ESPN deal add crappy football schools and continue on. Cuse and UConn from “first hand knowledge”  could not believe we turned down the crappy ESPN deal. The conference would of been crappier Yes True But MU would of Had more control similar to the Old Big East and won some more NCAA games. Instead of being the potsy at the poker table with less power in the New Big East and Zero NCAA wins in 8 years to show for it. There is “much more” but that is all that can be said. MU just has to do the best they can with what they have been dealt.

You are completely wrong about this.  Marquette would have been stuck in a conference with a bunch of football playing members where basketball is an afterthought.  Why do you think UConn left the conference?

Our lack of NCAA success has nothing to do with our current conference membership.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9593 on: February 02, 2021, 08:55:29 AM »

In 2010 TCU was invited to support the football schools.

Nova was asked to upgrade to D1 football and was voted down by Rutgers Pitt and WVU.

September 2011 Cuse and Pitt announce they're leaving for the ACC

TCU then changes its mind and heads to the B12

October 2011 WVU says they're leaving for the B12

After the 2011 FBS season SDSU and Boise St UCF Houston and SMU announced they're coming to the Big East.

February and March 2012 Memphis and Temple announce they're moving to the Big East.

August 2012 Loyola Maryland announces they're joining the Big East.

September 2012 Notre Dame announces its leaving for the ACC

November 2012 Rutgers announces its leaving for the B1G a week Tulane announce they're joining the Big East.

March 2013 Eastern Carolina announces they get to add all sports to the Big East not just Football. Louisville then announces they're leaving for the ACC.

So you see now that you're wrong. Syracuse and Pitt were in the Big East, yes but they had already announced they were leaving and were in negotiations trying to work the 27 month notice down. Yes. May 2011 we turned down the ESPN deal but that's not what you were arguing you were arguing that Cuse was not gone when the C7 split and that was 2013 so Cuse, Pitt, ND, and Rutgers had already negotiated their leaving, Ville had negotiated theirs, WVU had left.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #9594 on: February 02, 2021, 09:21:13 AM »
In 2010 TCU was invited to support the football schools.

Nova was asked to upgrade to D1 football and was voted down by Rutgers Pitt and WVU.

September 2011 Cuse and Pitt announce they're leaving for the ACC

TCU then changes its mind and heads to the B12

October 2011 WVU says they're leaving for the B12

After the 2011 FBS season SDSU and Boise St UCF Houston and SMU announced they're coming to the Big East.

February and March 2012 Memphis and Temple announce they're moving to the Big East.

August 2012 Loyola Maryland announces they're joining the Big East.

September 2012 Notre Dame announces its leaving for the ACC

November 2012 Rutgers announces its leaving for the B1G a week Tulane announce they're joining the Big East.

March 2013 Eastern Carolina announces they get to add all sports to the Big East not just Football. Louisville then announces they're leaving for the ACC.

So you see now that you're wrong. Syracuse and Pitt were in the Big East, yes but they had already announced they were leaving and were in negotiations trying to work the 27 month notice down. Yes. May 2011 we turned down the ESPN deal but that's not what you were arguing you were arguing that Cuse was not gone when the C7 split and that was 2013 so Cuse, Pitt, ND, and Rutgers had already negotiated their leaving, Ville had negotiated theirs, WVU had left.

Was not arguing That.
Yes Cuse was gone when the C 7 split.
But All I am saying is we had a chance to sign the ESPN deal before that. Fact.
We are both correct Fact.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 10:15:45 AM by MarquetteMike1977 »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #9595 on: February 02, 2021, 09:31:00 AM »
Was not arguing That.
Yes Cuse was gone when the C 7 split.
But All I am saying is we e had a chance to sign the ESPN deal before that. Fact.
We are both correct Fact.

You said the following:  "Marquette would of Won Just as many, if not more NCAA games in the last 8 Years. Had MU stayed in Old Big East with UCONN and CUSE, Like UCONN and CUSE wanted MU to."

Why would "CUSE" have wanted MU to stay in the Old Big East if they weren't a member at that time.

And the reason that the ESPN deal wasn't signed is because Pitt and Syracuse announced their departure.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #9596 on: February 02, 2021, 09:33:03 AM »
There is a Reason Jay Bilas said as long as MU stays in the Old Big East MU will be in the Big ‪Dance. When MU Joined the Old Big East Mr Cords literally held his hand to my ear and whispered in my ear MU will be very good for a very long time. After Marquette joined the New Big East Mr Lovell literally held his hand to my ear and whispered in my ear Do not
worry about it it is only basketball. ‬
Am just relaying and reporting what I have been told. Now that the statute of limitations has run out on some of this stuff. I am just reporting. Was also told from someone who will go nameless iInside  The AL when we joined the Old Big East we were close good friends with 2 other institutions schools who will go nameless in the Old Big East. Am just reporting facts I have been told. That is all.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 09:34:59 AM by MarquetteMike1977 »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9597 on: February 02, 2021, 09:36:27 AM »
Am just relaying and reporting what I have been told. Now that the statute of limitations has run out on some of this stuff. I am just reporting. Was also told from someone who will go nameless iInside  The AL when we joined the Old Big East we were close good friends with 2 other institutions schools who will go nameless in the Old Big East. Am just reporting facts I have been told. That is all.

Someone told you alternative facts
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #9598 on: February 02, 2021, 09:37:30 AM »
This was all before what you were talking about and am just reporting.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #9599 on: February 02, 2021, 09:38:40 AM »
Lol
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 09:40:29 AM by MarquetteMike1977 »