[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by El Guerrero 2
[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Morning after thoughts  (Read 7765 times)

tower912

• All American
Morning after thoughts
« on: March 05, 2017, 07:09:51 AM »
1.   Who caught, during one of the mic'd timeouts, Wojo saying to play Warrior ball?   
2.   If this team moves the ball, it will be a tough out.   
3.   The defensive effort was certainly there.   
4.   First half JjJ is what we have all been waiting for.    Then, the missed dunk changed the momentum for 3 minutes.   
5.   Appreciate this team for what it is, not for what it isn't.     It isn't a defense-first team.    But when the ball starts moving and the shots start falling, it is the best shooting MU team that I can remember.     
6.   5 guys in double figures.     Back to back games in the 90s.
7.   The haters have gone quiet the last 4 days.    I am enjoying their absence.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
Re: Morning after thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 07:14:37 AM »
Regarding #1 for those who didn't watch the broadcast...

After JJJ missed the dunk and Creighton cut the lead to ten, MU called timeout.  After the commercial break, the camera focused on Wojo after he was back sitting on the bench and he clearly mouthed "Holy sh*t!"

The announcer said, "if you can read lips, you can see how Wojo is feeling right now" or something like that.  It was amusing.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 07:20:54 AM »
If coach is using the 'Warrior' reference, that's simply fantastic.

When the ball moves it is really beautiful to watch.

I did appreciate the tenacity on D yesterday.  I noted both Luke and Matty bustin' their arse to get back low after doubling the high screen and I noticed the solid weakside help to protect the paint while they were gone.  I have nothing against players that are less than perfect.  But in these last couple or weeks, I finally saw players doing everything they can to maximize what God gave them.

It's darn refreshing.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 07:26:42 AM »

After JJJ missed the dunk and Creighton cut the lead to ten, MU called timeout.  After the commercial break, the camera focused on Wojo after he was back sitting on the bench and he clearly mouthed "Holy sh*t!"

The announcer said, "if you can read lips, you can see how Wojo is feeling right now" or something like that.  It was amusing.

Saw that and he was not a happy camper.  Up 15, then the miss.....believe lead to a three.  Then a real bad Rowsey turnover, leads to a two.  The cameras caught him after the timeout, wish they would have had the "Inside the Huddle" segment, that would have been fun.

Only thought is the fact MU missed five front ends of one/ones.  Two by Howard at 90%, was just strange but shows that possible nerves can effect any aspect. 

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 07:29:48 AM »
We better practice inbounding the ball. Those last few seconds were scary to watch even though we had the game in hand.

blikemike2

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 07:38:41 AM »
Match ups are going to be huge, if we draw a good pressing team I'm concerned, if we draw somebody like X I love our chances.

Please get sent to Indianapolis :)

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 07:47:59 AM »
Saw that and he was not a happy camper.  Up 15, then the miss.....believe lead to a three.  Then a real bad Rowsey turnover, leads to a two.  The cameras caught him after the timeout, wish they would have had the "Inside the Huddle" segment, that would have been fun.

Only thought is the fact MU missed five front ends of one/ones.  Two by Howard at 90%, was just strange but shows that possible nerves can effect any aspect.

Highly uncharacteristic.  I felt bad for JjJ, especially.  The Senior understood the magnitude of the moment. It got to him briefly.  That was a real brick.

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 07:57:54 AM »
yeah that was a 7 point swing when jjj missed the dunk, we would have been up 17 and they probably would have called a time out. Five quick points for  them and we're up ten and call a time out. We may have run away with it then. Great win for us with a great team effort. Hello NCAA

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 08:03:43 AM »
yeah that was a 7 point swing when jjj missed the dunk, we would have been up 17 and they probably would have called a time out. Five quick points for  them and we're up ten and call a time out. We may have run away with it then. Great win for us with a great team effort. Hello NCAA

That was a bad 3 minutes.  Whole building deflated like somebody had poked a hole in the Valley athletic bubble.  But the key was that it was ONLY 3 minutes.  A month ago a less determine MU would have allowed that to be 10+.  Good sign.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 08:48:20 AM »
I tell you it felt like the general crowd didn't appreciate that we essentially clinched a tourney bid yesterday.

I guess they don't read scoop 18 hours per day!

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 08:53:08 AM »
Wojo actually said be "intelligent Warriors" out there. Love it.

connie

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 08:53:47 AM »

5.   Appreciate this team for what it is, not for what it isn't.     It isn't a defense-first team.    But when the ball starts moving and the shots start falling, it is the best shooting MU team that I can remember.     

I need to work on this over the next five or six games. So frustrating some times, but they are who they are.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 08:55:10 AM »
I tell you it felt like the general crowd didn't appreciate that we essentially clinched a tourney bid yesterday.

I guess they don't read scoop 18 hours per day!

I agree.  I had hoped the energy yesterday would approach the Xavier game on NMD.  I was actually just a little disappointed by the empty seats and the only 'good' energy.  I did think the students showed themselves proud.

Oh, and to the aclowns who thought they could bogard our seats, GTFO.  Waaaaay up there douche.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 08:58:09 AM by jsglow »

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2017, 08:58:27 AM »
I will say it again jjj did not get benched for 10+ minutes yesterday because he missed a dunk.  He got benched for absolutely standing n ball watching on defense thinking the game was won n he only needed to go to that end to rest inbetween times of playing offense.  His man back cut him for layins 3 times in about 4 possesions directly before the missed dunk.  Its been jjs same problem his whole career. Hit a few shots n literally forget about playing any defense whatsoever.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2017, 09:01:41 AM »
We better practice inbounding the ball. Those last few seconds were scary to watch even though we had the game in hand.

Those inbounds plays in the last two minutes were made worse by the foul situation.  Crieghton had like four fouls to give, so they could basically maul us going for a tie-up or steal with the only consequence being that we had to ty inbounding again. 

I can't imagine we will be in a situation where the other team only has 3 team fouls going in to the last two minutes again, so that's nice.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2017, 09:17:38 AM »

To go along with that, I really enjoyed that announcing duo last night. No clue who they were but they were fantastic.

brandx

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 09:22:31 AM »
1.   Who caught, during one of the mic'd timeouts, Wojo saying to play Warrior ball?   

I did.

I also caught the announcers saying "Warriors with Intelligence".

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2017, 09:32:02 AM »
To go along with that, I really enjoyed that announcing duo last night. No clue who they were but they were fantastic.

Did they call our opponents "Cray-tun" or "Cray-in"?
Have some patience, FFS.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 09:34:01 AM »

They would if they were from the nutmeg state

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2017, 09:36:13 AM »
Love how we are playing now let's keep it rolling into the tourney

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2017, 09:38:51 AM »

They went back and forth - I give them credit for at least trying.  They also called Justin Patton "Pah-in" a couple of times.

Definitely heard the Warrior references both from Wojo and the announcers.   :)

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2017, 09:46:53 AM »
4.   First half JjJ is what we have all been waiting for.    Then, the missed dunk changed the momentum for 3 minutes.   
7.   The haters have gone quiet the last 4 days.    I am enjoying their absence.

Was at the game live. Is there any way to watch the TV broadcast

thebigjake

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2017, 09:50:21 AM »
Couple of other things I noticed-
Greg Elliott was into the game, seemed genuinely excited. Who knows if it means anything commitment-wise but it was nice to see. I feel like recruits usually just sit there and show little emotion. His family seemed to be having lots of fun as well.
Harry Froling looks noticeably thinner. He has definitely been working on his body.  He is also every bit as tall as Luke. Between him, Matt and Theo we are good down low for a few years.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2017, 09:54:10 AM »

Warriors - I saw that and shouted "Yes!" in my living room and immediately thought the old timers will be very pleased.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2017, 10:08:41 AM »
Was at the game live. Is there any way to watch the TV broadcast

Ditto on rerun.