[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PointWarrior
[Today at 12:57:23 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by PointWarrior
[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Quite frankly..they don't deserve to make the tourney  (Read 8199 times)

muguru

• All American
Quite frankly..they don't deserve to make the tourney
« on: February 25, 2017, 06:24:36 PM »
Sad as it is, but it's true. You have a Senior class that disappears when you need them the most. You have a Coach that sits his best perimeter defender the entire 2nd half, waits to long to put the best shooter in CBB back in the game, and draws up plays late in the game for JuJaun Johnson to drive it?? Seriously, you have the best shooter in CBB, the damn ball should be in his hands. The choking is getting old and tiresome. When it's all on the line, they simply can't get it done. Why should they be rewarded with a tournament bid??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
Re: Quite frankly..they don't deserve to make the tourney
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 06:27:55 PM »
Sad as it is, but it's true. You have a Senior class that disappears when you need them the most. You have a Coach that sits his best perimeter defender the entire 2nd half, waits to long to put the best shooter in CBB back in the game, and draws up plays late in the game for JuJaun Johnson to drive it?? Seriously, you have the best shooter in CBB, the damn ball should be in his hands. The choking is getting old and tiresome. When it's all on the line, they simply can't get it done. Why should they be rewarded with a tournament bid??

They won't be unless they shoot 60% from 3 point range in the BE tournament.  Seriously, how do you lose a game where you shoot 55% from 3 pt range?  99% of the time you win those games.  Deplorable, uninspired defensive play from MU and the Sweaty Floor Slapper.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 06:28:09 PM »
Because their resume will be worthy of one of the 36 at large spots, assuming we can get 1/2 to finish the year.

Need to avoid the 7 seed in the BE tourney tho.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 06:29:21 PM »

Well, if we go 2-2 or worse the rest of the way I won't blame the committee if they leave us out, that's for sure.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 06:32:32 PM »
Because their resume will be worthy of one of the 36 at large spots, assuming we can get 1/2 to finish the year.

I'm not as optimistic as you with 9 wins.  But if MU wins the next two, they absolutely deserve to make the tourney!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 06:37:22 PM »
Oh shut up. A few hours ago you were guaranteeing this a win and talking about all the trash you'd talk to the "haters" after the game because Providence is such and awful team. Now you're crying and it's the end of the world because we lost like many of us expected we would.

When we beat Xavier and Creighton, you'll be back to crowing about how great this team is and that we have a shot at winning the Big East Tournament. Such a fairweather fan.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 06:40:04 PM »
I'm not as optimistic as you with 9 wins.  But if MU wins the next two, they absolutely deserve to make the tourney!

At this point I think we're in Dayton unless we win our last 2, but I mean who are they gonna take instead? A 15 loss Vandy team we smoked? Under .500 B12 teams in K State (currently getting smoked by Ok) or TCU who will have 14 losses? A 6-12 Clemson team? A 15 loss Wake team? How about a 15 loss Georgia Tech team?

Today sucked. But we're still in decent shape for one of the final four bids at 9-9.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 06:46:23 PM »

Need to avoid the 7 seed in the BE tourney tho.

Which they currently hold...gonna be tough now, PC owns the tiebreaker, SH owns the tiebreaker 3rd is pretty much out of the question with PC's two cake games remaining.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 06:50:59 PM »
Oh shut up. A few hours ago you were guaranteeing this a win and talking about all the trash you'd talk to the "haters" after the game because Providence is such and awful team. Now you're crying and it's the end of the world because we lost like many of us expected we would.

When we beat Xavier and Creighton, you'll be back to crowing about how great this team is and that we have a shot at winning the Big East Tournament. Such a fairweather fan.

Take your "sunshine" someplace else a$$ clown. Tired of your BS. They don't deserve to be in the tourney..if you can't see that then you are a dumba$$. A team that chokes like they do..doesn't deserve it, if I'm the committee, they certainly don't pass the eye test to me. They lost in gut wrenching fashion and of course here's brew...over it in 2 seconds and keeps clinging to this false hope he has...everything is sunshine and balloons in your world isn't it?? Just because you can get over losses easier than anyone I have ever seen(probably never played a sport in your life, no competitive bone in your body), doesn't mean we all can. we are entitled to say whatever we want to say, some of us GIVE a crap about this team, understand??

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 06:52:21 PM »
Which they currently hold...gonna be tough now, PC owns the tiebreaker, SH owns the tiebreaker 3rd is pretty much out of the question with PC's two cake games remaining.

I'm not concerned about the 3. Just want to avoid playing DePaul. Give me the 5 or the 6.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 06:52:34 PM »
Take your "sunshine" someplace else a$$ clown. Tired of your BS. They don't deserve to be in the tourney..if you can't see that then you are a dumba$$. A team that chokes like they do..doesn't deserve it, if I'm the committee, they certainly don't pass the eye test to me. They lost in gut wrenching fashion and of course here's brew...over it in 2 seconds and keeps clinging to this false hope he has...everything is sunshine and balloons in your world isn't it?? Just because you can get over losses easier than anyone I have ever seen(probably never played a sport in your life, no competitive bone in your body), doesn't mean we all can. we are entitled to say whatever we want to say, some of us GIVE a crap about this team, understand??

What if they make the tourney?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 07:04:14 PM by Vander Blue Man Group »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 06:55:23 PM »

Tell you what...after they lose one of these next two(or both down the stretch) I want you to finally post something negative about them and how they perform..rather than saying "hey, the NIT is progress, I'm hopeful". You will never see me post here again, deal??

The hell I will be saying they are the best team in the Big east..I never have, but whatever fits your agenda. They ain't winning the last two, and even if they do and get in the tourney...they don't deserve to be there. Whether the numbers say they do or not. They can't finish games, the coach can't make proper in game adjustments, the Seniors don't step up when needed most, and they flat out choke like no team I have ever seen before...But hey the NIT is progress, so we have that going for us.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 06:57:58 PM »
What if they make the toutney?

What if they do?? It doesn't mean they deserve to be there..the #'s may say they do, but the eye test certainly doesn't. IF they get in, it would be simply because it's the worst year maybe ever for bubble teams. Do they look like a tourney team to you??

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 06:58:59 PM »
If the Warriors manage to go 1-1 in the BE, and win 2 games in the BET, maybe, maybe they deserve a NCAA bid.

The reality is that this is a NIT team, and they showed it today by failing to close-out the win.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 06:59:28 PM »
What if they do?? It doesn't mean they deserve to be there..the #'s may say they do, but the eye test certainly doesn't. IF they get in, it would be simply because it's the worst year maybe ever for bubble teams. Do they look like a tourney team to you??

Well now I know I can't take you seriously. Thanks.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 07:03:46 PM »
Well now I know I can't take you seriously. Thanks.

Answer the question...honestly, do they look like a tourney team to you??

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 07:05:39 PM »

They look like exactly what they are...a bubble team that is very much Alive.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 07:07:09 PM »

They look like a bubble team. I'm as frustrated as anyone with today and some of the blown leads this season.

But you can't say they're not a tourney team with two games and the conference tourney left; and then say they're not a tourney team even if they make the tourney because they don't pass the eye test.  It doesn't work that way.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 07:07:58 PM »
They look like exactly what they are...a bubble team that is very much Alive.

Yep.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2017, 07:11:38 PM »
The Big East is a tough conference. Every possession is a battle. We played on the road against a well coach team with solid talent. The arena was full and conditions were difficult . We played hard and came up on the wrong end of the score. I still think we are tournament worthy, we just need to win the next two plus two in the BET. My view is we get in with 21 wins.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 07:12:23 PM »
The Warriors need some big time magic in the BET to make the tourney.  I'm not seeing it.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 07:13:32 PM »
The Big East is a tough conference. Every possession is a battle. We played on the road against a well coach team with solid talent. The arena was full and conditions were difficult . We played hard and came up on the wrong end of the score. I still think we are tournament worthy, we just need to win the next two plus two in the BET. My view is we get in with 21 wins.

Whats your thought process behind needing 21 wins? Because theres zero logical explanation to it. What metrics are you using?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2017, 07:15:35 PM »

First, it's SEASHELLS and balloons, if you're going to cheer for Marquette, you have to get that one right. And just because you're a whiny little bitch who flip flops with every result doesn't make you some kind of superfan, it makes you a fairweather punk who doesn't know the first thing about actually cheering for a team through good AND bad.

When this team starts winning at a high level again, fans like you don't deserve to still be on the bandwagon. I just can't respect someone who puffs his chest after every win and pouts after every loss.

Welcome to reality. Sometimes it hurts. The mark of a man is how he deals with adversity. Suffice to say, you fail that test miserably.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2017, 07:16:12 PM »
The Warriors need some big time magic in the BET to make the tourney.  I'm not seeing it.

If, and it's a big if, they win the next two they are very likely in.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2017, 07:19:25 PM »
If, and it's a big if, they win the next two they are very likely in.

It could happen . . . but who would actually take that bet.  Best case is the Warrior win 1, and end 9-9 in the BE, then they would need at least 2 wins in the BET to make the tourney.