[Today at 11:22:27 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by Galway Eagle
[Today at 08:51:26 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PointWarrior
[Today at 12:57:23 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Quite frankly..they don't deserve to make the tourney  (Read 8200 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Quite frankly..they don't deserve to make the tourney
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2017, 08:05:11 PM »
You rang dude, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2017, 08:05:35 PM »
F'n dentists.  ;D

Next thing you're going to be telling me is they should have their own schools.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2017, 08:18:45 PM »
Oh good, now Sultan is here too...you are damn right, I sacrificed my marriage for MU. I wish people would stop questioning my passion. I think that speaks for itself.
Seriously man, defining your entire self-worth based on the entertainment provided by a group of teen agers?  You really might want to gain some perspective before it consumes you.  Best wishes.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2017, 08:29:58 PM »
We might beat Creighton

But we ain't beating both

I don't know. We could definitely lose 1 or both. But I think we match up well with X even wit Bluiett back.

Frankly I thought today was the most difficult game left. And we almost had it.

I'm frustrated as all hell but not willing to give up quite yet

PorkysButthole

• Starter
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2017, 08:31:49 PM »
Any y'all no if Butthole was at da game? We can blame his ass, hey?

Porky did not attend.  Mulled it over all morning but ultimately decided against it.  The good seats on stub hub were too rich for Porky's blood and Porky's nose bleeds dry in the cheap seats.  That and Porky didn't feel like driving 2.5 hours to PVD solo without Butthole companionship.  Unfortunately all of Porky's fellow alums in the area that Porky still keeps in touch with were pre-occupied with family affairs and couldn't go. 

That's a long winded way of saying DON'T BLAME PORKY!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 08:38:54 PM by PorkysButthole »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2017, 08:37:32 PM »
Glad dis debacle ain't on you den, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2017, 09:15:44 PM »
Sad as it is, but it's true. You have a Senior class that disappears when you need them the most. You have a Coach that sits his best perimeter defender the entire 2nd half, waits to long to put the best shooter in CBB back in the game, and draws up plays late in the game for JuJaun Johnson to drive it?? Seriously, you have the best shooter in CBB, the damn ball should be in his hands. The choking is getting old and tiresome. When it's all on the line, they simply can't get it done. Why should they be rewarded with a tournament bid??

Wow.

The NCAA committee will determine if they are worthy or not.  If they make it, they are worthy.  Do they look like a tournament team?  Yes.  Each year there are teams that don't make it that would do fine.  Each year there are teams that fans complain about that are not worthy.  Syracuse was one last year, and they made the Final Four.  VCU a few years past, that made the Final Four.   Yes, a team that is .500 in the third best league in the nation looks like a tournament team, but that doesn't mean they make it.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2017, 09:19:46 PM »
Take your "sunshine" someplace else a$$ clown. Tired of your BS. They don't deserve to be in the tourney..if you can't see that then you are a dumba$$. A team that chokes like they do..doesn't deserve it, if I'm the committee, they certainly don't pass the eye test to me. They lost in gut wrenching fashion and of course here's brew...over it in 2 seconds and keeps clinging to this false hope he has...everything is sunshine and balloons in your world isn't it?? Just because you can get over losses easier than anyone I have ever seen(probably never played a sport in your life, no competitive bone in your body), doesn't mean we all can. we are entitled to say whatever we want to say, some of us GIVE a crap about this team, understand??

Some of us are tired of your BS.  You aren't the absolute decider on whether this team is good, bad, tournament worthy or not.  Nor are you the only one that gives a crap.  Understand?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2017, 01:04:51 AM »
Some games I think we look like a tournament team (GTWN, HALL, @UGA). Some games I think we don't (PROV, @PROV, @HALL). Some games I think we look like a top 4 seed (VANDY, @CREI, NOVA). Some games I think we look like a team that would struggle in the CBI (@SJU, @GTWN). Sometimes we look like a top seed in one half and a low major in the other (PITT, @BUT).

My conclusion is that we must be a bubble team.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2017, 03:55:58 PM »
I don't know. We could definitely lose 1 or both. But I think we match up well with X even wit Bluiett back.

Frankly I thought today was the most difficult game left. And we almost had it.

I'm frustrated as all hell but not willing to give up quite yet

Normally I'd agree. But it's the manner in which we lost yet again.

I know we did beat Creighton and Nova back to back.

But there is really nothing that suggests in two complete do or die games this  team and coach will have it in them to piece it all together.

I do think we get 1 of them tho(most likely Creighton)
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2017, 05:07:34 PM »

But there is really nothing that suggests in two complete do or die games this  team and coach will have it in them to piece it all together.

You don't think the Xavier and St. John's games prior to yesterday weren't do or die?   ::)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2017, 07:54:45 AM »
In light of the tragedy that has befallen one of Marquette's recruits, and therefore one of the members of the Marquette family, some of the pronouncements in this thread about life and death and what is important become uniquely unamusing.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.