[June 08, 2024, 07:03:51 PM]

And The New...... by Tyler COLEk
[June 08, 2024, 11:45:55 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Herman Cain
[June 08, 2024, 11:31:50 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MuggsyB
[June 08, 2024, 10:56:27 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Duane Wilson  (Read 11378 times)

muguru

• All American
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

GGGG

• All American
Re: Duane Wilson
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 02:17:33 PM »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 02:23:39 PM »

So you agree that they need to do what the coaches are telling them to do?

Yes, but it doesn't necessarily mean what the coaches are telling them will work. You know what this tells me though?? Something i was suspicious of for awhile now..I'm not sure some of these guys really like Wojo that much.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 02:26:53 PM »
Yes, but it doesn't necessarily mean what the coaches are telling them will work. You know what this tells me though?? Something i was suspicious of for awhile now..I'm not sure some of these guys really like Wojo that much.

So Duane says we have to do what the coaches want.  You agree but then say that what Wojo wants them to do may not work anyway?

There is a flaw in logic there.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 02:27:46 PM »
Of course it will work.  It has built a dynasty and won multiple championships. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 02:29:19 PM »
I don't think it is that they don't like wojo....I think that possibly applies to the Buzz leftovers or those are the guys not bought into the system or wojo and they do what they want.   I think Duane is the one holdover guy who has bought in to the system, the coaching and his role.    I think the Wojo recruits are fully bought in and you can see their relationship with Wojo (in guys like Howard).    Case in point today, in the second half when Georgetown was extending the lead...Duane gets overmatched in a a 1:1 defensive set with a guy in lane who backs him down....he is looking for weakside help from JJJ who just abandons the defensive set and starts trotting (slowly mind you) to the perimeter.   The guy scores on Duane and Duane looks to JJJ, gives him a death stare and then a look of "wtf dude...you know you are supposed to cover that!" and then let's him have it verbally.      I think that is just one example of JJJ doing whatever he wants many times on both ends...or KR taking forced, bad shots....or failure to feed the ball in to Luke and back out....or whatever.    Now, if the guys aren't listening, following the plan, or mailing it in..then Wojo needs to just pull them and sit them.     I would love to see Duane get more playing  time the rest of the year....

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 02:32:39 PM »
Another example....multiple times there were at least 3, if not 4, Georgetown players crashing the boards and the only player in position for MU was Luke....even the announcers called that out (specifically KR and JJJ)....perhaps they are too anxious to get on the offensive end and get their shots off...who knows?    But the coaches were clearly giving them an earful too....they either don't understand or choose not to follow the plan...either case is a problem.

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 02:33:15 PM »
He's the one guy who seems to have that fire of teams in the past.... shame that he's gonna be gone next year

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 02:34:22 PM »
He's the one guy who seems to have that fire of teams in the past.... shame that he's gonna be gone next year

Duane?  He's a junior.  Or you think he's transferring?

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 02:36:28 PM »
I know he's a junior....

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2017, 02:37:25 PM »

With McDonald's All Americans.  Can it work with players at a lower caliber of talent.

My problems with Wojo is that he can do it with elite talent but doesn't know how to coach and make adjustments to talent that isn't elite.  He is not going to get elite talent here.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2017, 02:38:02 PM »
I know he's a junior....

So you *think* he's not going to be here.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2017, 02:38:29 PM »
We have a bunch of guys. There doesn't appear to be players with roles, to allow them to play as a team. Duane has sacrificed and knows who he is.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2017, 02:41:15 PM »
My problems with Wojo is that he can do it with elite talent but doesn't know how to coach and make adjustments to talent that isn't elite. He is not going to get elite talent here.

Are you sure about this?  I am pretty sure Coach K led Duke and the US men's national team.

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2017, 02:47:14 PM »
By all reports, Duane is a very good young man who also happens to be a good young father with a child in Milwaukee.  My guess is that next year the only place he will be "going"...is home to his family after practices at the AL.

Besides, with some of the players he is alluding to in his comments today gone next year...he may be a much happier player on a more unified team.

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 02:47:23 PM »

So you *think* he's not going to be here.

I guess we shall see but from everything I've heard I would bet not

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2017, 02:48:30 PM »
I guess we shall see but from everything I've heard I would bet not

See I have heard the opposite, but the last time I heard that was a couple months ago.

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2017, 02:52:08 PM »
UWM is in Milwaukee. UW loses two senior guards.

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2017, 02:53:16 PM »
See I have heard the opposite, but the last time I heard that was a couple months ago.

Well I hope where I'm getting my information from is wrong then because I really hope he stays

Da 'Lanche

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2017, 02:54:12 PM »
UWM is in Milwaukee. UW loses two senior guards.

Well...that's a win-win then....having Duane's family at the UW-M games would double their attendance!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2017, 02:55:33 PM »
Duane has to say it.  If a coach says it, it is throwing players under the bus.  Maybe we will have accountability among the players.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2017, 03:03:21 PM »

"Wojo's way" has built a dynasty and won multiple national championships? As Johnny Carson used to say, "I did not know that!"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2017, 03:07:10 PM »
The Duke way that Wojo is attempting to instill at MU has.   

connie

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2017, 04:32:22 PM »
The Duke way that Wojo is attempting to instill at MU has.
Last I checked, Duke played defense.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2017, 05:02:43 PM »
Duane has to say it.  If a coach says it, it is throwing players under the bus.  Maybe we will have accountability among the players.

Need them to call that "players' only meeting" that has been successful for Duke and Cuse this season