Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Had not realized Fox Sports 1 passed ESPN2 in prime time viewership - graph  (Read 10378 times)

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
I didn't realize Fox Sports 1 surged so far ahead of ESPN 2 in 2016, from down 397-436 in 2015 to 479-354 if I'm reading this chart correctly. Obviously a long way from catching the Worldwide leader, but not bad.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2017/despite-ratings-erosion-espn-continues-to-drive-the-cable-sports-engine.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

Daniel

• All American
Yes - and unfortunately Comcast in Chicag had dropped Fox College Sports for 2017.   Maybe Fox wanted yoo much since they are surging, but absolutely stinks they are off Comcast.  Nat watch any Big East action now.  Ugh

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Yes - and unfortunately Comcast in Chicag had dropped Fox College Sports for 2017.   Maybe Fox wanted yoo much since they are surging, but absolutely stinks they are off Comcast.  Nat watch any Big East action now.  Ugh

Always other options....
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MarquetteDano

• All American

That sucks. Even for the sports package?

RJax55

• All American

Huh? FS1 is still on Comcast Chicago. FS2 is not, but that's never been in the Chicago market.

To my knowledge, Big East conference games are only on Fox, FS1, FS2 or CBS Sports Network.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Huh? FS1 is still on Comcast Chicago. FS2 is not, but that's never been in the Chicago market.

Indeed.  Comcast/Xfinity has FS1 around the country, and FS2 nowhere (they've never signed a deal for FS2).

Always other options....

Yup.  Lots of streaming options these days that offer both packages.

brandx

I didn't realize Fox Sports 1 surged so far ahead of ESPN 2 in 2016, from down 397-436 in 2015 to 479-354 if I'm reading this chart correctly. Obviously a long way from catching the Worldwide leader, but not bad.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2017/despite-ratings-erosion-espn-continues-to-drive-the-cable-sports-engine.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Shouldn't the title of the thread be "ESPN continues dominance over Fox Sports in Primetime viewing"?

2402 - 510

If not for the Cubs, it would have been even worse.

People in-the -Know know what the Big East is. The problem is that, in actuality, perception is reality. So the B10, ACC, and B12 are perceived generally as the great conferences in basketball. Perception is driven by the powers - and those powers have been Duke, UNC, Kansas, Michigan State, Indian, Wisconsin, etc.

GGGG

• All American
Shouldn't the title of the thread be "ESPN continues dominance over Fox Sports in Primetime viewing"?

2402 - 510

If not for the Cubs, it would have been even worse.

People in-the -Know know what the Big East is. The problem is that, in actuality, perception is reality. So the B10, ACC, and B12 are perceived generally as the great conferences in basketball. Perception is driven by the powers - and those powers have been Duke, UNC, Kansas, Michigan State, Indian, Wisconsin, etc.

Those teams have bigger fanbases.  They will draw more eyeballs.  That is why the B10 package with Fox is good for the network and the BE.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Cubs, Cubs, Cubs. This wasn't the first year that the MLB Playoffs were on FS1. In 2017, FS1 has the ALCS. So, they are hoping the Yankees are back.

FOX and FS1 will have a major upgrade with the B1G coming in terms of 25 football games and 50 basketball games. Still, with half the football package in the Big 12 and Pac-12 in football.

In February the big two night dog show moves to FS1. That's are 2 to 3 million per night in viewership.

Numbers have been treading up on shows like Undisputed, Herd and Speak for Yourself.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Daniel

• All American

To my knowledge, Big East conference games are only on Fox, FS1, FS2 or CBS Sports Network.

Comcast has dropped Fox College Sports channels in Chicago.  I tried to watch R.E.M. Play of seton hall/MU game that was listed in directory. You get a notice that contract expired for this vendor. Sorry for inconvenience.  Same for any othe big east game listed   I called to complain. They said ok. Ty.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Comcast has dropped Fox College Sports channels in Chicago.

OK.  I can't debate that.  But they still at least have Fox Sports 1, which is
 1) what this thread is about
 2) Not the same as Fox College Sports
 3) Where most Big East games are broadcast live.

From what I can tell, you're talking about the Fox Sports Atlantic/Central/Pacific.  Not sure I've ever watched one of those.

Looking it up, FS1 should probably be on channel 237 on Comcast in Chicago.  The fox website does confirm though that FS2 and Fox Sports Regional networks are not available.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:50:00 AM by rocky_warrior »

vogue65

• All American

From what I can tell, you're talking about the Fox Sports Atlantic/Central/Pacific.  Not sure I've ever watched one of those.

Looking it up, FS1 should probably be on channel 237 on Comcast in Chicago.  The fox website does confirm though that FS2 and Fox Sports Regional networks are not available.

I was born at night, but not last night.  I may noy know much, but I  know that the Big East better broden its demographic, and soon.  To hell with Georgetown and Villanova "protecting" their markets. 

The Big East is protecting a small market segment.

GGGG

• All American
I was born at night, but not last night.  I may noy know much, but I  know that the Big East better broden its demographic, and soon.

I am assuming by "broaden its demographic" you mean add more members.  I believe there are six years left on the BE television deal after this one.  They should cut the pieces of the pie smaller?

vogue65

• All American

I am assuming by "broaden its demographic" you mean add more members.  I believe there are six years left on the BE television deal after this one.  They should cut the pieces of the pie smaller?

No, get some NON-CATHOLIC schools into the league and EXPAND.  Time is a wasting. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
No, get some NON-CATHOLIC schools into the league and EXPAND.  Time is a wasting.
What is your obsession with the schools' religious affiliation?  In what way does this negatively impact MU?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GGGG

• All American

The only one who views the Catholic thing as a problem is you.

And expanding has financial consequences because you would have to divide up the television revenue more ways.  It makes no sense to expand now.  In five or six years?  It might.

tower912

• All American
The Big East has done exceptionally well since the conference re-alignment frenzy.     And while expansion is always going to be part of the discussion, to add teams just to say the conference is doing SOMETHING is pure folly.   Right now, the Big East isn't broke.   It isn't even bent.    It continues to be the premiere basketball-only conference.    It competes with the ACC and the B-1? on a toe-to-toe basis.  The only thing to fear is the entire collegiate athletic model collapsing.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
I was born at night, but not last night.  I may noy know much, but I  know that the Big East better broden its demographic, and soon.  To hell with Georgetown and Villanova "protecting" their markets. 

The Big East is protecting a small market segment.

Um.  That's a fine opinion.  But I don't think it has anything to do with my post that you quoted?

Daniel

• All American

Ty for this. I will check again on my end with 237 and schedule.  I just know I tried to watch several big east games and they were not available. Thanks for response. I will che k it out.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days

What in the world are you talking about?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi

Color me Impressed......Didn't know this was a full service Site.  Thanks for all you do.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
The only thing to fear is the entire collegiate athletic model collapsing.   

Indeed.  Related thread in Superbar and here: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/special-reports/college-football

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
Color me Impressed......Didn't know this was a full service Site.  Thanks for all you do.
You want to be impressed?  Upgrade to a premium account

Bocephys

• All American
You want to be impressed?  Upgrade to a premium account

The cost is 5x your current plan, but you definitely get what you pay for.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks

So...who should the Big East look to add? Gonna have to be basketball only, and have to be public, and have to be non-P6, so I guess that leaves...umm...VCU? Wichita State? Or maybe some big state school like...uhh...Rhode Island?

Who exactly are these mythical teams we should add?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.