[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The University of Minnesota Athletic Department give dumpster fires a good name.  (Read 1693 times)

GGGG

• All American
http://www.startribune.com/source-gophers-wrestling-coach-sought-to-handle-xanax-abuse-internally/380899191/

"Gophers wrestling coach J Robinson collected about 1,400 pills of the prescription sedative Xanax that members of his team were ready to sell, yet did not report the drug issue to police, one wrestler told the Star Tribune on Wednesday.

Robinson tried to handle the Xanax issue internally, the source told the Star Tribune. He ordered suspected users to undergo mandatory urine testing and had them write a one-page essay. On April 5, the coach texted some team members with a reminder about their assignment.

Robinson’s text, which was obtained by the Star Tribune, said: “Remember that paper is due on my desk by tomorrow evening. #1 What emotion you’re feeling by getting caught, by letting yourself, your teammates, your parents down, how did it feel and do you want to feel that way again? #2 what did you learn from this? 3 what are you going to do different. Your plan so does not happen again.”

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Wow - using the team as the distribution network.  Low.

warriorchick

• All American
Don't do drugs, kids.  If you get caught, you might have to write a paper.

Excuse my ignorance - is Xanax a thing in wrestling? I can't imagine how it would help one's performance -- unless you are sneaking it into your opponent's water bottle to make him sleepy.
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
I don't think they were simply dealing it to wrestlers. A pretty addictive drug on its own.

tower912

• All American
Quit picking on dumpster fires. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Benny B

• All American
Excuse my ignorance - is Xanax a thing in wrestling? I can't imagine how it would help one's performance -- unless you are sneaking it into your opponent's water bottle to make him sleepy.

I wonder if it helps them drop weight?  But I would think it would depress your metabolic rate as well.

I can't see how it would be used recreationally, except to balance out their Adderall highs after the match.  Unless Zach Grienke has taken up collegiate wrestling.

I don't think they were simply dealing it to wrestlers. A pretty addictive drug on its own.

Anyone can become dependent on a sedative, so sure, it's addictive.  But it's a Sched IV drug... the only people who should be getting hooked on it are people who either had a script to begin with or people who are using it deliberately in concert with something else.  I guess if the kids are raiding mom's medicine cabinet and Xanax is the only thing in there, then sure... but if you're telling me that people actually choose Xanax in lieu of the many other Sched I-III and legal OTC stuff out there that would give a better high (or low), you'd be the first.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

GGGG

• All American
Nothing can top what happened at Baylor.  Holy sh** is that report disturbing.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
I wonder if it helps them drop weight?  But I would think it would depress your metabolic rate as well.

I can't see how it would be used recreationally, except to balance out their Adderall highs after the match.  Unless Zach Grienke has taken up collegiate wrestling.

Anyone can become dependent on a sedative, so sure, it's addictive.  But it's a Sched IV drug... the only people who should be getting hooked on it are people who either had a script to begin with or people who are using it deliberately in concert with something else.  I guess if the kids are raiding mom's medicine cabinet and Xanax is the only thing in there, then sure... but if you're telling me that people actually choose Xanax in lieu of the many other Sched I-III and legal OTC stuff out there that would give a better high (or low), you'd be the first.

weird drug-doesn't really provide a "high".  is used more for panic/anxiety attacks.  i guess you don't have to drink as much when on it, so fewer calories and a cheap date?  otherwise, i have no idea why so much abuse
don't...don't don't don't don't

Benny B

• All American
weird drug-doesn't really provide a "high".  is used more for panic/anxiety attacks.  i guess you don't have to drink as much when on it, so fewer calories and a cheap date?  otherwise, i have no idea why so much abuse

Holy shnikes... you're right.  A little perusing of WebMD, and sure enough, Xanax is commonly used as a date rape drug.

So the Minny wrestlers aren't looking to get an edge on the mat, they're just huge Bill Cosby fans.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback