Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Duane Wilson Tweet  (Read 110750 times)

bilsu

• All American
Re: Duane Wilson Tweet
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2016, 10:33:31 PM »
Duane grow up, this is big time ball, Wojo needs to win and win now.  If Wally gets the Buzz cut,  so it happens.  Under Al, Kurt Spychalla and Randy Wade were better
than  Allie, both transferred, it is the way of life in the big leagues.  Life sometime is not fair.
Wojo was supposedly brought in to bring MU to a higher level in the character of players recruited. Wojo should be fired, if he is actually cutting Wally or any other player without the player committing some kind of infraction.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2016, 10:45:28 PM »
Wojo was supposedly brought in to bring MU to a higher level in the character of players recruited. Wojo should be fired, if he is actually cutting Wally or any other player without the player committing some kind of infraction.

Lol
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2016, 01:33:23 AM »
Didnt David Koresh say something very similar?

I don't know about Koresh but that sure sounds like The Bronze Beast of Bloomington

Death on call

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2016, 05:47:42 AM »
There is ZERO chance Wojo ASKED Wally to leave....none, zilch, nada. He would not burn that bridge, no way no how.

agree!  i want both the hauser boys too, not a buy one get one free deal
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2016, 05:51:55 AM »
If I were a player I would just tweet cryptic messages every few weeks then come here to watch the world burn.

that would be fun.  twitt a twitt and grab the corn

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2016, 06:28:33 AM »
I don't know about Koresh but that sure sounds like The Bronze Beast of Bloomington

Crean sucks.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2016, 08:23:23 AM »
That's what I was thinking. Figuring going to the D League will prepare him more than another year in a system that's not his style.

Duane has zero chance at the NBA.  If Blue can light up the D-League and not get more than a cup of coffee, Duane won't.  He's not a point guard, smaller than Vander and isn't a lights out shooter. 

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2016, 09:03:03 AM »

Pure gold. Thank you for the AM laughs.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2016, 09:19:36 AM »

Firing him would be too kind.

Stone him to death at the village square!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2016, 09:33:39 AM »
That's what I was thinking. Figuring going to the D League will prepare him more than another year in a system that's not his style.
Should have used teal I guess  :-\
Goal is National Championship

mugoose

• Team Captain
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2016, 10:07:40 AM »
I don't know the entire story, but wojo cut Wally Monday night.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2016, 10:17:32 AM »

HE GOWNE and WE GOWNE

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2016, 10:28:41 AM »

If true, great news.  Wally is by all means a great kid, but this team needs another big and bad.  If it wasn't Wally, it was Sandy or Anim, and those guys have more of a future with this program.  Wally would have maybe seen 5 minutes a game, and then graduates.  Again, I hope Wally lands on his feet if he decides to keep playing hoops, and finds somewhere he can get big minutes, but it just wasn't MU this year.

Without knowing exactly how this played out (again, if true), I am glad to see Wojo not kittenfoot around this situation due to Henry.  Wally was clearly the guy that needed to go to get this roster in the best position as possible to succeed. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

DJO's Jaw

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2016, 10:32:39 AM »

I heard they fired Wojo on Monday and hired Wally to replace him.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2016, 10:38:41 AM »
I disagree.  Wojo bringing in Wally as a transfer basically only to get Henry for one year, and then cutting him a couple weeks after Henry declares is pretty shady.  I don't mind bringing in a kid with good intentions only to be honest with him later about where he stands, but it could be argued that this was basically using someone to get to someone else.  Now he really has no options if he wants to play basketball at the highest level.

Unless there is more to this story, I am not very happy about this.  I'm not with bilsu that Wojo should be fired over this, but does this really represent what you want Marquette to be about?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2016, 10:42:29 AM »
I disagree.  Wojo bringing in Wally as a transfer basically only to get Henry for one year, and then cutting him a couple weeks after Henry declares is pretty shady.  I don't mind bringing in a kid with good intentions only to be honest with him later about where he stands, but it could be argued that this was basically using someone to get to someone else.  Now he really has no options if he wants to play basketball at the highest level.

Unless there is more to this story, I am not very happy about this.  I'm not with bilsu that Wojo should be fired over this, but does this really represent what you want Marquette to be about?

I am not going to judge as we don't know any of the story let alone the full story.

Like it or not this scenario is a part of College Bball. Wojo is paid to get the program back to the tourney.  This has happened with our last two coaches and will happen with our next two as well (sans a change in ncaa rules)

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2016, 10:46:03 AM »

While not ideal, this isn't terrible news. It allows us to hopefully improve our thin front court. I'm actually hoping Sandy is the next to go...he is in way over his head and I never have seen a high D1 caliber player in him. I think he should transfer closer to home and think UWGB would be a great fit. It would be a win win for both parties.

San Diego Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2016, 10:52:10 AM »
If Wally was cut, does he still have to sit out a year to transfer?

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2016, 10:52:26 AM »
I am not going to judge as we don't know any of the story let alone the full story.

Like it or not this scenario is a part of College Bball. Wojo is paid to get the program back to the tourney.  This has happened with our last two coaches and will happen with our next two as well (sans a change in ncaa rules)

Wait, wait, wait. Is there ANY proof that this actually happened with Wally? Like, an iota of evidence that Wally won't be on the team next year, much less that he was Buzzcut? Bald speculation doesn't count as evidence.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2016, 10:53:59 AM »
Wait, wait, wait. Is there ANY proof that this actually happened with Wally? Like, an iota of evidence that Wally won't be on the team next year, much less that he was Buzzcut? Bald speculation doesn't count as evidence.

Essentially my point.  That and the outrage is silly as this happens all the time (both ways as more kids leave willingly)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2016, 10:54:59 AM »
There isn't any outrage.  And I specifically said "unless there is more to the story."

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2016, 10:55:32 AM »

absolutely agree with this-hopefully this was all worked out with the ellensons first, otherwise it's cold man.  maybe that's why it really hasn't been news.  there was an agreement in place.  so is wally still on scholly for track?   

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2016, 10:56:35 AM »
There isn't any outrage.  And I specifically said "unless there is more to the story."

Sorry I quoted you on the first point as opposed to the second. Understood.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2016, 11:00:36 AM »
Bald speculation doesn't count as evidence.

This must be your first time on the internet.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2016, 11:04:07 AM »
This must be your first time on the internet.

This reminds me of the old B & W movies, where all the reporters are racing to be firsts to the phones!
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust