'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Reseating...  (Read 89097 times)

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Re: Reseating...
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2017, 05:05:46 PM »
Hmmmm, so not happy/impressed at all...made my largest donation to date, gained double digit points(by doing so), and if I moved at all it was by minutes..Wish I would have kept my stuff from last year just to compare..I may have even moved back a bit. Not sure what good donating does if it's not even going to move you up.

Other people donate as well.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2017, 05:08:46 PM »
Hmmmm, so not happy/impressed at all...made my largest donation to date, gained double digit points(by doing so), and if I moved at all it was by minutes..Wish I would have kept my stuff from last year just to compare..I may have even moved back a bit. Not sure what good donating does if it's not even going to move you up.

Donations net you diminishing returns on overall rank as you move up the PP ladder. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2017, 05:12:53 PM »

Finally tipping the bathroom attendant in the Palmero Club isn't a donation.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2017, 05:47:27 PM »
Updating this from last year for 2017.

Riddle me this:  with the annual reseating letter comes a chart titled "Priority Points Section Breakdown." 
2017: 2/24/17
This year it is dated March 21, 2016.
Last year it was dated February 9, 2015, so it's not quite a fruit to fruit comparison.  I looked at four different sections, just to see if there are any trends.

2/9/15 section 215  rows J-T average points 311
3/21/16 same section and rows average points 372        a 19.6% increase
2/24/17: 356 (I believe this is the section where the press row was moved from behind the student basket, thus eliminating higher rows with lower points--thus raising the average)

2/9/15 section 200 rows J-T average points 425
3/21/16 same same average points 401, a -5.6% decrease in a section that is dead center mid-court.
2/24/17: 448 average...way back up.

2/9/15 section 213 rows D-H average points 680
3/21/16 same same average points 1095, a 61% increase
2/24/17: Now 1135

If I'm reading the point system stuff correctly, it's $100/point  for donations to the Blue & Gold Fund and $250/point for donations to other MU funds. 

I'm surprised that the increase for some sections is that much, given the down years and craptacular non conference games.   And, I'm surprised that the average increase in donations in, for example, section 215 is $6,100 (if all to the B&G fund).

Points go up naturally with a steady STH base with people building their points. B&G Banquet donations up $500k over this time, Awards Banquet in the BC accomadtes more, plenty more chances to give with BBQ, 100 year, Coors Light Corner donations, etc. I suspect all seats will be asked to give in the new arena to earn B&G points.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2017, 06:39:05 PM »
Other people donate as well.

I understand that..but damn..there has got to be a lot of people out there with a crap load of points...for me to barely moved after gaining 16 points..Either that, or I am in "no man's land" points wise, where it's really hard to move. I'd like to know what my rank is now as opposed to be fore I donated.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2017, 06:42:27 PM »
I understand that..but damn..there has got to be a lot of people out there with a crap load of points...for me to barely moved after gaining 16 points..Either that, or I am in "no man's land" points wise, where it's really hard to move. I'd like to know what my rank is now as opposed to be fore I donated.

My guess is that they will tell you if you ask.
Have some patience, FFS.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2017, 07:11:14 PM »
I donated on the last Friday. I called Blue & Gold fund and ask what I needed to donate to get to a rank of 250, 245 and 240. They can tell you that. the problem is that you do not know who else is making a donation on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I donated enough to get to 245, but I suspect I will come in around 248. I am around the 93 percetile. There is a group around this rank that I can compete with. However, the difference in points between the 93rd and 95th percentile is huge.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2017, 07:22:56 PM »
Well I'm nowhere near that..my donation put me in the mid 40's for points..I'm thinking that's "no man's" land.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2017, 06:04:44 PM »
Anyone know the dates of reseating last year??

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2017, 07:07:07 PM »
Anyone know the dates of reseating last year??

In first post as this is a carryover thread from last year:  June 1-7

muguru

• All American
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2017, 07:23:17 PM »
In first post as this is a carryover thread from last year:  June 1-7

Okay, so obviously donating didn't do a thing for me...Double my donation from last year, gained 16 points, only gained 300 spots in rank(was thinking it would be more like 500-700), and moved up a calendar day(only because reseating is earlier this year), but still the second to last day of reseating..moved up 2 hours..whoopty doo. Had I known, that was all it was going to do for me, I;d have saved my $$. I'm not sure what I have to do to take a major jump, but obviously it's one of two things that happened...1. As I stated, I must be in "no man's land" as far as how much donating is really going to do. 2. There must be a MAJOR gap between say the "next tier" of points(to move up significantly and where I currently am. Frustrating.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2017, 07:35:14 PM »
Okay, so obviously donating didn't do a thing for me...Double my donation from last year, gained 16 points, only gained 300 spots in rank(was thinking it would be more like 500-700), and moved up a calendar day(only because reseating is earlier this year), but still the second to last day of reseating..moved up 2 hours..whoopty doo. Had I known, that was all it was going to do for me, I;d have saved my $$. I'm not sure what I have to do to take a major jump, but obviously it's one of two things that happened...1. As I stated, I must be in "no man's land" as far as how much donating is really going to do. 2. There must be a MAJOR gap between say the "next tier" of points(to move up significantly and where I currently am. Frustrating.

I think you are discounting inventory. Those listed slots are based on this past season ticket holders. A portion will drop out or reduce their number of tickets, of which MU has no idea yet as to that number until deposits and the STH surveys are all submitted.

You only have upside to your selection as new season ticket holders go after us reseating holders, and considering your point level I am guessing your original hope range will be realized, if not exceeded. MU won't reissue your new slot as they won't have time, these will just be vacated.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2017, 07:42:39 PM »
I think you are discounting inventory. Those listed slots are based on this past season ticket holders. A portion will drop out or reduce their number of tickets, of which MU has no idea yet as to that number until deposits and the STH surveys are all submitted.

You only have upside to your selection as new season ticket holders go after us reseating holders, and considering your point level I am guessing your original hope range will be realized, if not exceeded. MU won't reissue your new slot as they won't have time, these will just be vacated.

I did think about that as a possibility, that I may actually have more to choose from than last year, but do you really think more STH's will drop?? I thought if anything after making the tourney, more may stay on, ESPECIALLY with the new stadium coming next year. I can sit in the lower level(currently upstairs), but honestly, it doesn't really appeal to me(considering most would be behind the basket), what i really want to do is be able to move to one of the center court sections within 5 rows from the first row. I'd probably already be there, except when MU started this yearly reseating, many people got rid of their lowers, and instead that's where they went...first couple rows of the center sections upstairs. That shocked me, as I figured most people with lowers would in no way give those up(lowers seemed to be the desired ones). So probably just bad luck that it happened that way.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2017, 07:43:04 PM »

Okay, so obviously donating didn't do a thing for me...
 Had I known, that was all it was going to do for me, I;d have saved my $$.

Well, it's nice to know your heart was in the right place.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2017, 07:46:26 PM »
I did think about that as a possibility, that I may actually have more to choose from than last year, but do you really think more STH's will drop?? I thought if anything after making the tourney, more may stay on, ESPECIALLY with the new stadium coming next year. I can sit in the lower level(currently upstairs), but honestly, it doesn't really appeal to me(considering most would be behind the basket), what i really want to do is be able to move to one of the center court sections within 5 rows from the first row. I'd probably already be there, except when MU started this yearly reseating, many people got rid of their lowers, and instead that's where they went...first couple rows of the center sections upstairs. That shocked me, as I figured most people with lowers would in no way give those up(lowers seemed to be the desired ones). So probably just bad luck that it happened that way.

How many points do you have?
Have some patience, FFS.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2017, 07:51:00 PM »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2017, 08:57:40 PM »
You may have a ways to go. I have 98.
Have some patience, FFS.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2017, 09:21:33 PM »
You may have a ways to go. I have 98.

People with as many points as you should be downstairs. :) I may be incorrect but I THOUGHT last year when I selected, I did actually have a chance to be in the first or second row in one of the center sections...the problem was..they were the middle of the row..Can't do it, HAVE to have my aisle seats..I get to wound up during tight games and like to get up and move around during tense moments if necessary. I think I had a chance for center section aisle seats but they were 8-9 rows up..that's too far..aisle seats also allow for the quickest out after games are over, that's paramount to me as I am A:LWAYS in a hurry.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2017, 09:45:25 PM »
People with as many points as you should be downstairs. :) I may be incorrect but I THOUGHT last year when I selected, I did actually have a chance to be in the first or second row in one of the center sections...the problem was..they were the middle of the row..Can't do it, HAVE to have my aisle seats..I get to wound up during tight games and like to get up and move around during tense moments if necessary. I think I had a chance for center section aisle seats but they were 8-9 rows up..that's too far..aisle seats also allow for the quickest out after games are over, that's paramount to me as I am A:LWAYS in a hurry.

To Marquette's credit, they give you a lot of credit for being loyal. A lot of my point are for consecutive years of being a STH, consecutive years of giving, etc.  We have been  STHs for 8 years and consistent donors, and here are our points that have nothing to do with the dollar amounts of our donations:

May 5, 2017   Con YR to BGF         14.00
May 5, 2017   MBB STH post96      16.00
May 5, 2017   Spouse Degree         10.00
May 5, 2017   Degree Points         10.00
Have some patience, FFS.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2017, 10:02:56 PM »
To Marquette's credit, they give you a lot of credit for being loyal. A lot of my point are for consecutive years of being a STH, consecutive years of giving, etc.  We have been  STHs for 8 years and consistent donors, and here are our points that have nothing to do with the dollar amounts of our donations:

May 5, 2017   Con YR to BGF         14.00
May 5, 2017   MBB STH post96      16.00
May 5, 2017   Spouse Degree         10.00
May 5, 2017   Degree Points         10.00

See..ive actually been a season ticket holder twice as long as you..just started donating 3 years ago..but where I'm really hurt in comparison to most are the degree points..that gives you 20 more than me right there. I didnt go to MU, just been a fan all my life.

I think that's probably unique..and something i'd be very curious to know is how many sth's are non Alums..I bet it's not many..and probably fewer that are non alums that have had st's as long as me. Just a guess. Actually pretty proud of that..im in unique company  :)

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2017, 10:08:41 PM »
See..ive actually been a season ticket holder twice as long as you..just started donating 3 years ago..but where I'm really hurt in comparison to most are the degree points..that gives you 20 more than me right there. I didnt go to MU, just been a fan all my life.

I think that's probably unique..and something i'd be very curious to know is how many sth's are non Alums..I bet it's not many..and probably fewer that are non alums that have had st's as long as me. Just a guess. Actually pretty proud of that..im in unique company  :)

My brother and I dodged that with our tickets. We used our dad's account. Hahahaa

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2017, 10:11:26 PM »
I'm June 5 at 6:22.  I think you passed me Brew.  I have two degrees from MU and my wife's, that's 25 points right there.  Lesson always: marry an MU alum.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2017, 10:37:03 PM »

I don't think a 8% churn out is out of line for the leaky bucket, remembering anyone new comes in after you. And yes, with the quality of the schedule and team, people are dropping out or down to packages. Those packages were very favorable for Chicago alums in terms of time and money.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2017, 07:06:00 AM »

Thanks for your support!

Actually, the folks who sat next to us last season aren't alums, and they actually drove from Madison for every game. I don't know how long they have had season tickets, though.
Have some patience, FFS.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2017, 07:53:18 AM »
Thanks for your support!

Actually, the folks who sat next to us last season aren't alums, and they actually drove from Madison for every game. I don't know how long they have had season tickets, though.

I drive an hour one way myself..I just love MU basketball.