collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2016 NHL playoff thread  (Read 10518 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
2016 NHL playoff thread
« on: April 03, 2016, 01:02:45 PM »
Personally my favorite playoffs of the 4 major sports. I wouldn't worry about the hawks recent struggles. Feel like it's a combination of crawford being hurt and the hawks taking their foot off the gas because they continually have long seasons.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: 2016 NHL playoff thread
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 11:41:19 AM »
Hawks get Keith back tonight. People are freaking out here but they outplayed St. Louis for 65 minutes the other night. I hate the blues, dirty team with a scumbag coach.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 11:59:09 AM »
Hawks get Keith back tonight. People are freaking out here but they outplayed St. Louis for 65 minutes the other night. I hate the blues, dirty team with a scumbag coach.

The Hawks didn't take advantage of their multiple power play opportunities and once you get into overtime a garbage goal can easily (and did) happen.  Hawks need to get out to an early lead and take game 2 tonight. 

brandx

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 01:22:30 PM »

As I watched the game, I thought there is no way St. Louis can score a goal tonight. Turns out I was right. Chi had to score it for them.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 09:56:59 PM »
Wow, I was out so I didn't really have a close view of the offside but man what a game. Shawzy doing shawzy things.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 10:22:18 PM »
I'm happy about the result, but replay is certainly making the game worse

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 11:13:20 PM »
I'm happy about the result, but replay is certainly making the game worse

What did Hitchcock challenge?

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 11:36:34 PM »
What did Hitchcock challenge?

The offsides no-goal. AFTER it was already ruled on by Toronto

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 08:14:06 AM »
Didn't get a chance to see the game live but both reviewed calls seem easy and correct.  As to the supposed interference, how 'bout the Blues defenseman  actually clear Shaw out?  He has every right to be there banging away at the puck.

Hawks!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 01:11:51 PM »
Didn't get a chance to see the game live but both reviewed calls seem easy and correct.  As to the supposed interference, how 'bout the Blues defenseman  actually clear Shaw out?  He has every right to be there banging away at the puck.

Hawks!

My friend and I were talking about that. If anything it shoulda been a cross check on Shattenkirk.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 03:18:11 PM »
My friend and I were talking about that. If anything it shoulda been a cross check on Shattenkirk.

Both Shaw and Seabrook were crosschecked.  It was pretty blatant too

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 07:41:07 AM »
How Hitchcock has a job blows my mind

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 05:32:32 AM »
Hawks in trouble

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 08:20:53 AM »
Because they let the Blues draw them into a physical series. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 08:40:55 AM »
Because they let the Blues draw them into a physical series.

Their PK has been atrocious and they've made some very uncharacteristic mistakes.  The dumb penalties are one thing, but bad passes in their own zone and not clearing out live pucks have hurt them.  And Brian Elliott is playing out of his mind, dude is seeing EVERYTHING.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 12:43:09 PM »
PK is awful. Though if I had to choose to be down 3-1 to one team, it's the blues.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 03:51:38 PM »
Shaw suspended for slur

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15281995/blackhawks-forward-andrew-shaw-suspended-one-game-anti-gay-slur

My son and I were watching the game, and did some lip reading when he was in the Sin Bin.....I definitely saw the "puck you" about 5 times, but didn't catch the rest.  I'll have to see a replay.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2016, 04:28:59 PM »
Shaw suspended for slur

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15281995/blackhawks-forward-andrew-shaw-suspended-one-game-anti-gay-slur

My son and I were watching the game, and did some lip reading when he was in the Sin Bin.....I definitely saw the "puck you" about 5 times, but didn't catch the rest.  I'll have to see a replay.

Its pretty blatant.  I won't link it here, but you can see it pretty clearly on Deadspin.  I like Shaw, he's a great energy guy and does a lot of really great off the ice things, but thats not a good look and something that can't be defended.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 06:02:50 PM »
I thought it was pretty obvious watching it live, you see that stuff pretty regularly in the NHL.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2016, 06:21:57 PM »
Its pretty blatant.  I won't link it here, but you can see it pretty clearly on Deadspin.  I like Shaw, he's a great energy guy and does a lot of really great off the ice things, but thats not a good look and something that can't be defended.

Just went to Deadspin, yeah looks pretty obvious on that replay.  For some reason I don't recall seeing that.  I remember he grabbed the water bottle holder, threw it down, dropped a few f-bombs, but I don't recall him smacking the glass with his stick and then unleashing that tirade.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2016, 06:29:56 PM »
How Hitchcock has a job blows my mind

Beating the defending champs in the playoffs doesn't hurt.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2016, 08:57:42 PM »
Beating the defending champs in the playoffs doesn't hurt.

Who they finished higher than and would mark the first time they weren't upset in the first round of the playoffs in 4 years.  They are the Georgetown of the NHL.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2016, 08:29:14 AM »
Shaw suspended for slur

If the NHL wanted to suspend him for his actions leaving the ice, giving the double bird to the officials (twice!) and the slur, I'm fine with that. It's deserved. However, to claim that the suspension was primarily a result of using a slur that happened to be caught on camera is a very slippery slope. I'd guess that he wasn't the only one shouting offensive slurs during that melee. Is the league going to go back and review all incidents and fights to see whether or not any players said horrible, hateful, offensive things? Perhaps it only sets the precedent that you can say them as long as you don't get caught...or it could be lazy reporting by ESPN (for the sake of the headline) and he actually was suspended for the whole hissy fit, not just the slur.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2016, 09:27:34 AM »
If the NHL wanted to suspend him for his actions leaving the ice, giving the double bird to the officials (twice!) and the slur, I'm fine with that. It's deserved. However, to claim that the suspension was primarily a result of using a slur that happened to be caught on camera is a very slippery slope. I'd guess that he wasn't the only one shouting offensive slurs during that melee. Is the league going to go back and review all incidents and fights to see whether or not any players said horrible, hateful, offensive things? Perhaps it only sets the precedent that you can say them as long as you don't get caught...or it could be lazy reporting by ESPN (for the sake of the headline) and he actually was suspended for the whole hissy fit, not just the slur.

Nope. He was suspended for the slur and fined for flipping double birds at the officials. The suspension was completely appropriate and deserved.
The league, and other leagues, have gone back and reviewed incidents when such allegations have been made and issued suspensions and/or fines as a result (see: Rajon Rondo, Kobe Bryant, Joakim Noah, Chris Simon, John Terry). This is hardly a precedent-setting move by the NHL here.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2016, 03:29:12 PM »
Shaw came out looking like a total jerk.

Obvious cross-check right in front of the ref. Goes berserk with double-flip of the bird in the middle of the arena. That not being enough, he couldn't resist the slur.

Cost his team any chance of winning that game and hurts their chances tonight.

Maybe they'll rally using "win one for the douchebag" inspiration.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson