Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[May 31, 2024, 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Now More Than 365 days Without A Transfer. First Such Period Since Crean?  (Read 17584 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Something can always happen. Someone gets kicked off the team. Some get pole axed. Someone doesn't qualify academically. Someone goes pro overseas. Someone "loses their love for the game."

You wrote this

You are never past the window for a transfer. But it is encouraging. Still think we see one or two departures. Not necessarily transfers

I asked what that would be and you have nothing but made up guesses ... but you still think two more players on the roster now will not be this October?

Lennys Tap

• All American
Under Buzz Williams, yes.  But the discussion was assuming that Buzz never had a transfer free year and was directed toward whether or not Crean ever had one.

A bell rings in Chico's Bat Cave when anyone says a discouraging word about TC.

wadesworld

• All American
I meant on this team right now.

We have 13 scholarship players so I have not even opened the 10 page thread about transfer options.  Until someone leaves, that thread is a waste of time and energy.

Now if Wally announces he is becoming a professional high jumper after the NCAA championship this June, that might open a spot (again, if that even happens).  Otherwise, what other non-transfer options exists among the other 12 scholarship players?

I don't see any.

So you won't open the transfer thread because until someone announced they are leaving the then it's a waste of time to speculate on who's leaving...but now you want to speculate on who's leaving in other forms besides transfer? I guess I don't get what the difference is, why one would be a waste of time/energy but why the other isn't.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Tugg Speedman

• All American
So you won't open the transfer thread because until someone announced they are leaving the then it's a waste of time to speculate on who's leaving...but now you want to speculate on who's leaving in other forms besides transfer? I guess I don't get what the difference is, why one would be a waste of time/energy but why the other isn't.

No, TAMU said that.  I asked who/how and TAMU pulled something out of his arse ... kind of like that 10 page thread about getting someone for a position that, as of now, does not exist.

jesmu84

• All American

He hasnt opened that thread and won't engage in that discussion because he didn't start it. No clicks for him there.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
I said they wouldn't necessarily be transfers. I didn't say they wouldn't be transfers. I made a statement allowing for the possibility that someone might leave the team without transferring. Didn't say it would, said it could.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
MU has gone more than 365 days without a transfer.  Steve Taylor was the last transfer, announced on March 18, 2015. (He announced Cleveland State on May 17, 2015.)

Two questions:

1) Do you expect anyone to transfer this off-season?

2) Is the the first 365 day period without a transfer since Crean was in charge?  Am I forgetting a 365 day period under Buzz?

You literally started this thread on the topic of MU basketball transfers and in your original post ask if people expect a transfer this offseason. Then you go and say...

I meant on this team right now.

We have 13 scholarship players so I have not even opened the 10 page thread about transfer options.  Until someone leaves, that thread is a waste of time and energy.

Now if Wally announces he is becoming a professional high jumper after the NCAA championship this June, that might open a spot (again, if that even happens).  Otherwise, what other non-transfer options exists among the other 12 scholarship players?

I don't see any.

And then you try to deny discussing player departures. Which maybe you didn't discuss them at all in here, I don't feel like reading every post in this thread to find out. But something tells me you probably discussed who may be leaving in this thread. So why are you wasting your time and energy if nothing's been announced? And if you didn't, why would you ask if others expect a departure and then get upset about other people discussing possible departures before someone announces their departure?

No, TAMU said that.  I asked who/how and TAMU pulled something out of his arse ... kind of like that 10 page thread about getting someone for a position that, as of now, does not exist.

You're on a roll. Keep going.

He hasnt opened that thread and won't engage in that discussion because he didn't start it. No clicks for him there.

Very true.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
...GOWNE   TRACKER...

wadesworld

• All American

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Hank's gowne.

Marquette is too storied to have transfers, we just have gownes.

We R Final Four

• All American
So good Wades. Finally a season in forever with no transfers............wait we need some transfers soon!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"

David Singleton

To say that Singleton was a "transfer" is akin to Nixon left office to pursue other opportunities...

Death on call

Tugg Speedman

• All American
You literally started this thread on the topic of MU basketball transfers and in your original post ask if people expect a transfer this offseason. Then you go and say...

And then you try to deny discussing player departures. Which maybe you didn't discuss them at all in here, I don't feel like reading every post in this thread to find out. But something tells me you probably discussed who may be leaving in this thread. So why are you wasting your time and energy if nothing's been announced? And if you didn't, why would you ask if others expect a departure and then get upset about other people discussing possible departures before someone announces their departure?

You're on a roll. Keep going.

Very true.

Those two posts were a month apart.  The issue of transfers changes over time.

wadesworld

• All American
Those two posts were a month apart.  The issue of transfers changes over time.

So then which 10 page thread on the topic of transfers are you not opening because it's a waste of time and energy to speculate on them until they are actually announced?

The Grad Transfer PF options that was started on February 1, 2016?  So things change over the course of a month, but not 2 and a half months?  Got it.

That's logical.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
So then which 10 page thread on the topic of transfers are you not opening because it's a waste of time and energy to speculate on them until they are actually announced?

The Grad Transfer PF options that was started on February 1, 2016?  So things change over the course of a month, but not 2 and a half months?  Got it.

That's logical.

I honestly don't know what you are asking me.