'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

NM by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:03:20 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MU82
[Today at 12:03:03 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Now More Than 365 days Without A Transfer. First Such Period Since Crean?  (Read 17573 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
MU has gone more than 365 days without a transfer.  Steve Taylor was the last transfer, announced on March 18, 2015. (He announced Cleveland State on May 17, 2015.)

Two questions:

1) Do you expect anyone to transfer this off-season?

2) Is the the first 365 day period without a transfer since Crean was in charge?  Am I forgetting a 365 day period under Buzz?

« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:47:04 PM by Heisenberg »

bilsu

• All American
We will not know about transfers, if any, until the semester ends, because MU will not release a palyer until his grades are in. I am not expecting any transfers.

tower912

• All American
Crean had lots of transfers.   Hence the term 'house-Creaning'.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JakeBarnes

• All American
Probably should hang a banner.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

GGGG

• All American
We will not know about transfers, if any, until the semester ends, because MU will not release a palyer until his grades are in. I am not expecting any transfers.

Steve Taylor announced his transfer in March last year.

chapman

• All American
Am I forgetting a 36 day period under Buzz?

FIFY.

#UnleashSean

• All American
FIFY.

How about when 2 guys transferred out and then back in. Holy hell I wish one of them went back to Oakland.....

Lacrosse218

• Scholarship Player
MU has gone more than 365 days without a transfer.  Steve Taylor was the last transfer, announced on March 18, 2015. (He announced Cleveland State on May 17, 2015

He transferred to Toledo, not Cleveland State.

bilsu

• All American

Steve Taylor announced his transfer in March last year.
Yes, but he was a junior with enough credits to leave in good standing.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
I'm assuming no one disagrees with the idea that the last 365 day period without a transfer was back in the Crean era?

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
Trevor Mbakwe.  Scott Christopherson.  Jeronne Maymon.  Patrick Hazel.  Youssoupha Mbao.  Reggie Smith.  Erik Williams.  Jamail Jones.  Jameel McKay.  Jamal Ferguson.  Deonte Burton.  Steve Taylor.  Gabe Levin.  John Dawson. 

Any other transfers I missed in the past 10 years?  That's quite the collection.

KampusFoods

• All American
Trevor Mbakwe.  Scott Christopherson.  Jeronne Maymon.  Patrick Hazel.  Youssoupha Mbao.  Reggie Smith.  Erik Williams.  Jamail Jones.  Jameel McKay.  Jamal Ferguson.  Deonte Burton.  Steve Taylor.  Gabe Levin.  John Dawson. 

Any other transfers I missed in the past 10 years?  That's quite the collection.

McMorrow. Roseboro.

GGGG

• All American

TJ Taylor
David Singleton

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Does DJ Newbill count as a transfer?

muwarrior69

• All American

Does Buzz count?

MU82

• All American
Wait ... we've had several transfers, starting with JJJ.

Due to all of Wojo's mind games, IIRC.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
Silly topic - Wojo had 4 transfers in his first year and we don't yet know if he'll have any in his second.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 10:20:41 PM by Lennys Tap »

bilsu

• All American
I'm assuming no one disagrees with the idea that the last 365 day period without a transfer was back in the Crean era?
I am just trying to picture it. Crean had so many transfers that it is hard to beleive he did not have a transfer every year. By looking at the history of players that played for MU I came up with these players, some of who I do not even remember. Amoroso, Bell, Blankson, Berkowitz, Bradley, Christian, Freund, Hanley (?), Hazel, Hester, Howard, Kuphall (?), Mason, Menard. This does not include these players that never played. Williams a transfer from NC St, Saunders and Matthews. That averages more than one a year, but there could of been a year where there was not a transfer.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Silly topic - Wojo had 4 transfers in his first year and we don't yet know if he'll have any in his second.

Turnover always happens with a new coach, that was expected.

Correct that we don't know if anyone is transferring.

tower912

• All American
He is recruiting like someone is transferring.   Heavy on guards, light on bigs. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for

No, because he never enrolled.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

jsglow

• All American
Yes, but he was a junior with enough credits to leave in good standing.

And the existing players aren't?  So why were they eligible to play this semester?   ::)

Look, I hope no one is transferring.  But I'd be really surprised if that information wasn't out in the public long  before May 10th.  There's no law requiring a student athlete to remain silent that I'm aware of.  And because scholarships are renewed annually, there's technically 13 available at this very moment with only a 'gentlemen's agreement' that most are already filled by returning athletes. 

Moreover, the Spring signing period begins April 13th and extends through May 18th.  Do you really think prospective athletes are going to wait on MU until exams are completed? 

Do note that the NBA Draft Combine is scheduled for May 11-15.  This could make it a little tricky for Wojo with respect to Henry as he weighs his final decision.  Might be tough for one of the Bigs to 'hang around and wait'.  Hopefully Henry is sensitive to that and can give Wojo a pretty clear path well in advance.   

4everwarriors

• All American
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for

Moreover, the Spring signing period begins April 13th and extends through May 18th.  Do you really think prospective athletes are going to wait on MU until exams are completed? 

Do note that the NBA Draft Combine is scheduled for May 11-15.  This could make it a little tricky for Wojo with respect to Henry as he weighs his final decision.  Might be tough for one of the Bigs to 'hang around and wait'.  Hopefully Henry is sensitive to that and can give Wojo a pretty clear path well in advance.

I doubt that the results of the NBA combine will effect Henry's decision.  It's a good bet that he won't participate. 
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
I agree that from a narrow definition this is true....but we dont know yet what the transfer situation is for this season...we definitely had transfers last season.  So TBD.

If the point was we are less volatile than with Buzz -- then the answer seems to be yes (again TBD).  Transfers are inevitable in today's college bball, but it bordered on excessive with Buzz because of his willingness to take flyers on HS students and his apparent candor.