[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Playstation Vue  (Read 41613 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: Playstation Vue
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2016, 11:46:35 AM »
#unleashwaldo,  Are you still happy with Vue 6 months in?  I'm between that and Sling.

I've loved Playstation vue. It's delivered HD quality sports to my TV every night. Has had less downtime then any cable box I used. It may sometimes (rarely) get less then decent quality. But that's more of a fault on the cable company delivering the internet.

The only issue I had is when Csn and my Cubs were randomly without warning taken off my plan.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2016, 01:04:49 PM »
Just cut the cord today.   I've had directv and Sunday ticket for awhile.   I'm going to stream from the internet (mostly through reddit) and cast to my big screen using googlecast for sporting events and political news from now on.   I'm late to the game but seems like cord cutting is becoming a movement among younger generations who feel like they are getting screwed with their monthly fees.   I was paying around $130 per month during football season.   Wonder what the implications will be when more and more younger generations cut the cord (or never have it).    Maybe Chicos' ghost can answer.   Hopefully lower satellite tv costs.

Also if anyone has recommendations for cord cutters on sites or devices...thanks in advance.

How do you stream TV via Reddit?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2016, 01:45:56 PM »

Methinks he is talking about parts of interweb, where your cousin's gardener, who's best friends, knows a lawyer, who knows this guy, who met a lady of the night, who introduced one of their customers, whhoooo might stream sports on the internet, then publish links on reddit.

But that's just a guess.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2016, 01:51:17 PM »
I've loved Playstation vue. It's delivered HD quality sports to my TV every night. Has had less downtime then any cable box I used. It may sometimes (rarely) get less then decent quality. But that's more of a fault on the cable company delivering the internet.

The only issue I had is when Csn and my Cubs were randomly without warning taken off my plan.

Thanks for the feedback!
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2016, 02:31:34 PM »
correction to my latest update:

NFL network (thursday night games) comes as part of the Core package at no extra charge. NFL redzone is $40

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2016, 01:01:18 PM »

You stream mlb games from links posted on reddit/mlb streams (just google that).   I then put it on my big screen via chromecast.   Have an adblock ready.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2016, 09:28:31 PM »
It seems I was wrong on one aspect. HBO and showtime have come to PSvue. However don't expect to get off lightly as the ULTRA package they come in will cost $65 a month. Or you could buy standalone HBO for $15/m 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2016, 02:40:49 PM »
Sad day today. Viacom networks will no longer be available on Vue. This means Comedy Central, Spike, and Nickelodeon are good bye.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2016, 03:57:08 PM »
Yeah, that's a kick in the nuts for PSVue. 

Since we cut the cord and have Vue .. I've found I am the only one to use it 99% of the time .. and it's only for one show.  Although I suppose FS1/2 will have some MU games this season.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2016, 04:50:04 PM »
Yeah, that's a kick in the nuts for PSVue. 

Since we cut the cord and have Vue .. I've found I am the only one to use it 99% of the time .. and it's only for one show.  Although I suppose FS1/2 will have some MU games this season.

People having a hard time adjusting or just dont like the interface?

brandx

« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2016, 05:38:50 PM »
I'm switching soon. Kids will have no problem no matter the interface - although 95% of their tV viewing is either Netflix or YouTube. Don't know about my wife though. Is the interface pretty easy to navigate?

My plan is for Vue to go along with Netflix and HBO. I also have Prime, but I purchased that for the shipping benefits rather than the stream - although we watch quite a bit on it.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2016, 09:06:17 PM »
Interface is the best I've ever used....  After I got used to it. At first it's a shock. But after adjusting you realize how much better it is.

Plus Bluetooth remote over IR. Never miss a command.

brandx

« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2016, 11:00:29 PM »
Interface is the best I've ever used....  After I got used to it. At first it's a shock. But after adjusting you realize how much better it is.

Plus Bluetooth remote over IR. Never miss a command.

Cool. Thanks.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2016, 07:59:18 AM »
I'll also add some review info, for anyone looking to use PS Vue.

I have the Roku 3, Amazon Fire Stick, and just got the Mi Box Android TV.

The Roku-PSVue interface is horrible.   No guide, clunky, looks like version 1.0.  Picture quality is good, though.

AFire Stick - Good interface, but really laggy.  Every click takes a few seconds.  PQ is just OK, but you can see some stuttering.

Mi Box - Just got this .. love it.  $60 at Walmart.  Same interface as the Amazon Fire, but the hardware is way better, faster, snappy.  PQ is as good as Roku's.  Android TV does a pretty good job all around.

.. So my vote goes for the Mi Box.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2016, 10:21:13 AM »
Not particularly concerned about the channel losses - didn't really watch VH1/MTV/BET/CC, but happy about the addition of the BBC America channel. 

I have both an Amazon Fire Stick and a regular latest generation Fire.  The PSVue interface on the Stick is almost unusable.  Trying to search for a program takes forever and the guide is slow to respond.  On the regular Fire though, it navigates really smoothly. 
I haven't tried it on a PS3, but I would imagine that it's pretty slow given the age of the hardware. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2017, 09:05:21 PM »
AFire Stick - Good interface, but really laggy.  Every click takes a few seconds.  PQ is just OK, but you can see some stuttering.

Thought I'd update this.  I just got one of the new Amazon Fire TV Sticks - with a beefier processor than the previous gen.  It runs PS Vue flawlessly.  It compares favorably to my first gen Fire TV Box.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2017, 10:42:10 AM »
Thought I'd update this.  I just got one of the new Amazon Fire TV Sticks - with a beefier processor than the previous gen.  It runs PS Vue flawlessly.  It compares favorably to my first gen Fire TV Box.

Good to know .. I've kinda retired the fire stick. 

reinko

• All American
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2017, 07:45:36 AM »
Would love to hear any current thoughts.  Think the Reinko household will be snipping the cord in the next month.  Seems like Vue is still the leader of the pack, followed by Sling, then DirecTV now.

My only concern is the WiFi connection in the back of our house can be a bit spotty, may need to invest in a repeater to help boost the signal.

Also, anyone use a Chromecast with Vue?  I imagine you just just the channel with your phone?  Might be kind of annoying, I dunno.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #93 on: March 09, 2017, 09:24:00 AM »
Can't speak to Vue.

But I did recently order a Fire Stick and it's outstanding

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2017, 09:38:35 AM »
Haven't tried Vue on Chromecast .. don't have it.   I would think it'd be far better to use a Fire Stick/box or an Android box or Roku.

I have all 3 of those .. would say the $70 Mi Box is the best, followed by Fire box, then Roku.

brandx

« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2017, 05:36:18 PM »
Would love to hear any current thoughts.  Think the Reinko household will be snipping the cord in the next month.  Seems like Vue is still the leader of the pack, followed by Sling, then DirecTV now.

My only concern is the WiFi connection in the back of our house can be a bit spotty, may need to invest in a repeater to help boost the signal.

Also, anyone use a Chromecast with Vue?  I imagine you just just the channel with your phone?  Might be kind of annoying, I dunno.

I just did that. Looked at Vue closely, but most of my TV watching is sports (my wife mostly watches NetFlix, Amazon Prime and HBO) and they did not have enough in that area.

Went with DirectTV instead. Will have everything I had with Time Warner / Spectrum - channel-wise and Internet - except home phone which I don't want anyway.

Cost will be about $90 less per month plus I will now have unlimited data on cell phones as well since I go through A T T. I made the decision after they guaranteed the price for the 2nd year as well.

I won't miss paying monthly premium for the modem, the two receivers and DVR. These are all free with DirectTV.

If it is not about sports for you, I would recommend Vue.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2017, 09:20:52 PM »
We've been running sling (the oragne package) for a week or so.  i really like it.  our Sony tvs have the sling app included, but our new samsung doesn't, so need to get a roku for that tv, plus the 3 old ones in the basement  (3 old tvs, lined up, ready for the tournament=baller.)

the kids like you tube through the tv.  Prime works well too.  have a digital antennae for the locals.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2017, 12:37:40 PM »
Couple question on PS Vue.

For those with Roku, has interface improved? Anyone try on AppleTV?

Can you watch the NFL Fox games? I'm in Omaha and it doesn't look like we get CBS yet but we do get Fox so curious as to how that works.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2017, 01:49:29 PM »
Couple question on PS Vue.

For those with Roku, has interface improved? Anyone try on AppleTV?

Can you watch the NFL Fox games? I'm in Omaha and it doesn't look like we get CBS yet but we do get Fox so curious as to how that works.

Me my brother and my dad all get CBS now. We live in way different places so I thought it was nationwide.

I cannot speak 100% on the topic as I did not have CBS at football time. But I have never been blacked out from anything so my assumption is it should be fine.

On topic for others: if you have a ps4 the multieview is amazing for those who's Internet can  handle it. Going to make watching March madness amazing
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:51:07 PM by #UnleashRowsey »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2017, 04:01:35 PM »
I threw the gauntlet down with Comcast, and they quoted me within $10/month of what it would have been with my internet + PS Vue, with no contract so I am sticking with them.   Cable companies are getting smart that they just hike up the cost of internet only plans (in Boston $85 a month for just internet, even with my own modem), or making them tiered in some BS way like 5 MbPS ($55/month), 10 MbPS ($65), then 100 MbPS ($85).

From what I read, it seems like to have a stable connection, with at least two TV's you should have a minimum of 25MbPS download speed.