[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Shaka on Thanasis' podcast by MarquetteMike1977
[June 14, 2024, 10:07:57 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by tower912
[June 14, 2024, 07:44:22 PM]

2025 Recruiting by Vander Blue Man Group
[June 14, 2024, 05:07:17 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: This Board's Sick Obsession With Bucky  (Read 16347 times)

Shark

• All American
Re: This Board's Sick Obsession With Bucky
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2016, 02:33:37 PM »
When Henry returns and we win the national championship next year we'll all just look back on this and laugh.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2016, 02:34:47 PM »
Sam Dekker took a shot at Marquette fans on Twitter last night.  He needs to stop his sick obsession with Marquette.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2016, 02:36:27 PM »
A school doesn't have to be in your conference to have a great rivalry:
Clemson/South Carolina
Georgia/Georgia Tech
Georgetown/Maryland
Iowa/Iowa St
Kentucky/Louisville
Florida/Florida St/Miami

For the most part, all of those schools are large, public universities with alums all across the state. They're not the one and only state school against the small, private school with a significantly smaller fan base.

Obviously Gtown is private but it's campus is only about 20 miles from College Park. The Florida/FSU rivalries with Miami are largely a result of having dominant football programs. Florida vs. FSU is a much bigger deal.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2016, 02:38:29 PM »
I said that UW and the nine conference foes are our main rivals.  Yet no one gets as exercised about their success like Bucky.

Again it is simple, to graduate from MU and live in WI you must have an inferiority complex that Bucky success = MU failure.

No. If you graduate from MU and live in Wisconsin, you're surrounded by non-UW alum, Badger fans, many of whom truly, honestly believe that UW has the greatest school and sports programs on earth.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2016, 02:41:09 PM »
I said that UW and the nine conference foes are our main rivals.  Yet no one gets as exercised about their success like Bucky.

Darnit Villanova our main rival is in the Sweet 16  ::)

Bucky sucks. Fanbase, players, former coach. All suck.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2016, 02:44:20 PM »
Bucky Obsession may decrease after the NBE is more established and new rivalries are formed.  I would prefer our biggest rival to be a conference game.  Then I could ignore the trolls.

Many of us remember NoDick as far and away the biggest rivalry, no others need apply.  My era had DePaul as clear number 2, but they were a great program then.  Bucky was #3, and that might have been for Wisconsin natives only. 

The origin of the Badger sludgy fans was December 1979.  We had smacked the Vadgers around 14 times in a row.  They came to the Arena and pulled out a buzzer beater by Joe Chrenelich.   It was the Saturday night finals ended and I suspect a lot of people went home and left their tickets.  Too many got into Badger fans hands.  The Badger fans acted like they owned us walking up the hill to the State St. bars.  They might have been obnoxious before that too, but we beat them 14 times in a row.  Who cared. 

Before that game I rooted for the Badgers except when they played MU.  NFW since that night.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2016, 02:49:29 PM »
No. If you graduate from MU and live in Wisconsin, you're surrounded by non-UW alum, Badger fans, many of whom truly, honestly believe that UW has the greatest school and sports programs on earth.

Except for

Ohio State
Michigan
Michigan State
Northwestern (non-revenue)
Penn State

Meaning they are about the 6th or so best sports program in the B1G

Bucky is a good middle of the pack B1G program.  Both academically and athletically.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2016, 02:52:17 PM »
There's a link for it on the main page
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=muscoop+suggestion+board

http://www.scout.com/college/marquette/forums?s=415

So, a secret page to send threads that displeasure you so they die quietly and out of view.

How many other hidden pages does this site have?

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2016, 02:57:57 PM »
You call it an obsession.

I call it a way of life.
SS Marquette

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2016, 02:58:18 PM »
So, a secret page to send threads that displeasure you so they die quietly and out of view.

...he said without a touch of irony.

tompopsicle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2016, 02:58:36 PM »
Couldn't disagree more. Teams need healthy rivalries to keep things interesting. I'm not even from WI or live there, but I despise UW and their fans and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I have friends who went to Nebraska and hate Wisconsin fans. They said they're obnoxious and think they're better than everyone else. One even said it's the reason he stopped rooting for the Packers.

As I always say.....How do you find out where a Wisconsin alum went to college? You don't have to ask. They'll bring it up in the first 2 minutes and continue to talk about it over and over as long as you know them.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2016, 02:58:45 PM »

Why do you think we would ever disclose the secret MU Scoop pages? We're all enjoying them perfectly fine without you.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2016, 02:59:58 PM »
Except for

Ohio State
Michigan
Michigan State
Northwestern (non-revenue)
Penn State

Meaning they are about the 6th or so best sports program in the B1G

Bucky is a good middle of the pack B1G program.  Both academically and athletically.

Northwestern????  Cmon...

Oh and a bunch of my UW friends have been posting this over the last few days.

http://www.startribune.com/is-wisconsin-the-best-athletic-program-in-the-country-badgers-have-results-streak-to-argue-their-case/372275801/

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2016, 03:01:58 PM »

LOL.  "If I don't know about it, it's 'secret' and 'hidden.'"

The correct response would be "If I don't know about it, it's because I haven't been paying attention."

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2016, 03:12:47 PM »

Again it is simple, to graduate from MU and live in WI you must have an inferiority complex that Bucky success = MU failure.

But you can't have 10 main rivals. You can only have one. And that is Bucky. To say otherwise is silly.

I don't think I have an inferiority complex and I don't think that Bucky success=MU failure. But I do hate when they win and I love when they lose. Has no bearing on my feelings about Marquette at all.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2016, 03:19:54 PM »

Dude, you're too funny.  I'm actually laughing.

Go to your browser bar,  type in "muscoop.com" (no http, no slashes, nothing else), hit "Enter" (or whatever macs have), and it takes you DIRECTLY to this page that you deem "secret".  I'm sorry we made it so hard for you to find. Hahahahaha.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2016, 03:23:35 PM »
I have friends who went to Nebraska and hate Wisconsin fans. They said they're obnoxious and think they're better than everyone else. One even said it's the reason he stopped rooting for the Packers.

As I always say.....How do you find out where a Wisconsin alum went to college? You don't have to ask. They'll bring it up in the first 2 minutes and continue to talk about it over and over as long as you know them.
Husker fans mixed about traveling to Madison

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2016, 03:24:18 PM »
Dude, you're too funny.  I'm actually laughing.

Go to your browser bar,  type in "muscoop.com" (no http, no slashes, nothing else), hit "Enter" (or whatever macs have), and it takes you DIRECTLY to this page that you deem "secret".  I'm sorry we made it so hard for you to find. Hahahahaha.

And/or the pull down at the bottom of every single Scoop page for navigation between pages....but in fairness to Heisen, it's not like you showed up at his house and showed him directly how to access every board of Scoop, so you have no one to blame but yourself.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2016, 04:00:26 PM »

Northwestern????  Cmon...

Oh and a bunch of my UW friends have been posting this over the last few days.

http://www.startribune.com/is-wisconsin-the-best-athletic-program-in-the-country-badgers-have-results-streak-to-argue-their-case/372275801/

No one can touch UCLA, Stanford and USC.  They are so far ahead of everyone else that the mere idea that Bucky is the best embarrasses the author.

Total Number of NCAA Championships, Conference and Rank
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)    113        Pac-12 Conference    1
Stanford University                                            108          Pac-12 Conference    2
University of Southern California (USC)            100          Pac-12 Conference    3
Oklahoma State University                             51           Big 12 Conference    4
Pennsylvania State University                             48            Big Ten Conference    5
University of Arkansas                                     43            Southeastern Conference    6
University of Texas                                             43            Big 12 Conference    6
Louisiana State University                             43        Southeastern Conference    6
University of North Carolina                             40        Atlantic Coast Conference    9
University of Michigan                                     36           Big Ten Conference    10
University of California, Berkeley (California)     34        Pac-12 Conference    11
University of Denver                                     31        The Summit League    12
University of Florida                                     30        Southeastern Conference    13
University of Oregon                                     29        Pac-12 Conference    14
University of Georgia                                     29        Southeastern Conference    14
University of Wisconsin                             28            Big Ten Conference    16
Ohio State University                                     28            Big Ten Conference    16
Yale University                                             28        Ivy League    16
University of Maryland                                     27        Big Ten Conference    19
University of Colorado                                     26        Pac-12 Conference    20
University of Iowa                                             25        Big Ten Conference    21
Indiana University                                             24        Big Ten Conference    22

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2016, 04:04:42 PM »

Wait, does that mean there a thread that will pleasure me?
Now THAT would be a feature enhancement.

Rocky, link please, because I'm too lazy to look for one.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2016, 04:06:23 PM »
Wait, does that mean there a thread that will pleasure me?
Now THAT would be a feature enhancement.

Rocky, link please, because I'm too lazy to look for one.

Any thread that Keefe has carpet bombed with his "lady pictures"

YW
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

brandx

« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2016, 04:19:07 PM »

Isn't that the job of a fan.

I understand the Badger hatred in the week before we play them. But to worry about what they do the rest of the time? "Obsession" is probably too strong of a word. I would just use "silly" instead.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2016, 04:39:11 PM »
No one can touch UCLA, Stanford and USC.  They are so far ahead of everyone else that the mere idea that Bucky is the best embarrasses the author.

Total Number of NCAA Championships, Conference and Rank
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)    113        Pac-12 Conference    1
Stanford University                                            108          Pac-12 Conference    2
University of Southern California (USC)            100          Pac-12 Conference    3
Oklahoma State University                             51           Big 12 Conference    4
Pennsylvania State University                             48            Big Ten Conference    5
University of Arkansas                                     43            Southeastern Conference    6
University of Texas                                             43            Big 12 Conference    6
Louisiana State University                             43        Southeastern Conference    6
University of North Carolina                             40        Atlantic Coast Conference    9
University of Michigan                                     36           Big Ten Conference    10
University of California, Berkeley (California)     34        Pac-12 Conference    11
University of Denver                                     31        The Summit League    12
University of Florida                                     30        Southeastern Conference    13
University of Oregon                                     29        Pac-12 Conference    14
University of Georgia                                     29        Southeastern Conference    14
University of Wisconsin                             28            Big Ten Conference    16
Ohio State University                                     28            Big Ten Conference    16
Yale University                                             28        Ivy League    16
University of Maryland                                     27        Big Ten Conference    19
University of Colorado                                     26        Pac-12 Conference    20
University of Iowa                                             25        Big Ten Conference    21
Indiana University                                             24        Big Ten Conference    22

I agree with you but many of those championships are in sports that most people don't care much about. And yes that is relevant.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2016, 06:51:02 PM »

You are telling it wrong. 

"How can you tell that someone is a Wisconsin grad?"
"Don't worry; he'll tell you."

I like it better the first way I heard it - with Notre Dame as the butt of the joke.

Other options:

Vegan
Cross-fitter
Have some patience, FFS.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2016, 07:08:19 PM »
They are not our main rival.  They are a team we play every year, like the 9 teams in our conference.
They are our main rival. They are the team we are most likley going to battle over a recruit for. UW getting to sweet 16 while we sit at home doing nothing does not help us in recruiting.

feedback