[June 13, 2024, 09:01:36 PM]

Shaka on Thanasis' podcast by Elonsmusk
[June 13, 2024, 03:35:19 PM]

Tyler Kolek Pre-Draft Video by We R Final Four
[June 13, 2024, 01:46:19 PM]

2025 Recruiting by Uncle Rico
[June 13, 2024, 12:35:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: This Board's Sick Obsession With Bucky  (Read 16336 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: This Board's Sick Obsession With Bucky
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2016, 08:43:54 PM »
They are our main rival. They are the team we are most likley going to battle over a recruit for. UW getting to sweet 16 while we sit at home doing nothing does not help us in recruiting.

And who did we lose the last few years siting home while Bucky was having tourney success?

HE, Hauser, Luke?  How about Diamond Stone?  How did all Bucky success work in recruiting him?

Under Buzz we recruited a different type of player than Bucky, little overlap.  Under Wojo we are going after a player more similar but head-to-head Wojo looks like he had more success than Bucky to date.

Finally, if they ever get their act together (if!) Depaul will present a far bigger challenge to MU recruiting than Bucky.  Likewise, if the Illini and /or Northwestern get it together, they will present a far greater challenge to Bucky than MU.  (look at how many Chicago Suburban kids Bucky has had success with, MU hardly gets any of them, and has always been light on that demographic.)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 08:45:25 PM by Heisenberg »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2016, 08:54:32 PM »
nd

Finally, if they ever get their act together (if!) Depaul will present a far bigger challenge to MU recruiting than Bucky.  Likewise, if the Illini and /or Northwestern get it together, they will present a far greater challenge to Bucky than MU.  (look at how many Chicago Suburban kids Bucky has had success with, MU hardly gets any of them, and has always been light on that demographic.)

Since 2010, Marquette has had one scholarship player from Chicagoland.  STJ.  (Excluding the Reggie Smith fiasco.)  None joining in 2016.  None that I can forsee in 2017.

Since that time we have had numerous players from Wisconsin, many of whom UW showed interest in if not out and out offered.  (And vice versa.)  We have the co-Mr. Basketball joining MU next year.  We are recruiting against UW for his brother. 

Marquette will be recruiting against UW for the foreseeable future.  Likely more than any other school out there.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 08:58:06 PM by The Sultan of Sunshine »

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2016, 09:02:43 PM »
Reading this thread I was thinking about commenting on how you (heisy) have a pattern of casting an extreme position that a few extremest take (in this case Wiscy is doing good so MU suffers) and projecting it on the moderate majority of those that don't completely see things your way (in this case those unfortunate MU grads that complain about their daily interactions with pompous Wiscy 'fans') without being able to differentiate between the two perspectives.**

However, with the secret board stuff, you may be through the looking glass.

**applies to any other board.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2016, 09:11:33 PM »
nd

Since 2010, Marquette has had one scholarship player from Chicagoland.  STJ.  (Excluding the Reggie Smith fiasco.)  None joining in 2016.  None that I can forsee in 2017.

Since that time we have had numerous players from Wisconsin, many of whom UW showed interest in if not out and out offered.  (And vice versa.)  We have the co-Mr. Basketball joining MU next year.  We are recruiting against UW for his brother. 

Marquette will be recruiting against UW for the foreseeable future.  Likely more than any other school out there.

Agreed, but in the past the existence of a successful Bucky has not been a hindrance to MU in recruiting.  And going forward, MU is recruiting against a Greg Gard Bucky, not a Bo Ryan Bucky.  Big difference.

GWSwarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2016, 09:24:20 PM »
And who did we lose the last few years siting home while Bucky was having tourney success?

HE, Hauser, Luke?  How about Diamond Stone?  How did all Bucky success work in recruiting him?

Under Buzz we recruited a different type of player than Bucky, little overlap.  Under Wojo we are going after a player more similar but head-to-head Wojo looks like he had more success than Bucky to date.

Dude you need to poop, your seriously starting to sound like duanewade, it's ok for people to disagree and/or having differing opinions. It doesn't mean you're are wrong, that the great thing about opinions, they cannot be either right or wrong (less than informed...yes).

You don't think Wisconsin is out main rivalry, I along with many people do think they are.

So it comes down to this:
Either you started this thread simply troll, in which case you should find a new book to read( I highly recommend a great one title "I Dissent, 10 of the greatest Supreme Court Dissents" read it while pooping) or you just cannot stand anybody having an opinion other than yours, in which case maybe sites like this are not for you.

Either way, you should check out the book.
Fear makes you dumb.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2016, 09:27:51 PM »
Agreed, but in the past the existence of a successful Bucky has not been a hindrance to MU in recruiting.  And going forward, MU is recruiting against a Greg Gard Bucky, not a Bo Ryan Bucky.  Big difference.

Depends on what you mean by "hindrance."  UW has gotten players Marquette has wanted and vice versa.  Has it prevented both of them from being successful at the same time?  No.  Both have recruited alternatives.

And I have no idea how you can state the second sentence yet.  You have no idea what the Gard era will bring.

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2016, 10:19:47 PM »
Greg Gards UW may be harder to recruit against than Bo"s. Just a thought. Hard to swallow.
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2016, 10:54:32 PM »
Greg Gards UW may be harder to recruit against than Bo"s. Just a thought. Hard to swallow.
Greg Gard knew about multiple indiscretions within the program and did nothing about it.  The current regime may be no more moral than Bo's.  Just a thought.  Easy to swallow.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2016, 10:58:48 PM »
Dude you need to poop, your seriously starting to sound like duanewade, it's ok for people to disagree and/or having differing opinions. It doesn't mean you're are wrong, that the great thing about opinions, they cannot be either right or wrong (less than informed...yes).

You don't think Wisconsin is out main rivalry, I along with many people do think they are.

So it comes down to this:
Either you started this thread simply troll, in which case you should find a new book to read( I highly recommend a great one title "I Dissent, 10 of the greatest Supreme Court Dissents" read it while pooping) or you just cannot stand anybody having an opinion other than yours, in which case maybe sites like this are not for you.

Either way, you should check out the book.

Ok, I just dropped a deuce and I still think your most important rivals are conference foes.  That said, Bucky is still significant,

Does anyone else want to justify their inferiority complex about Bucky?

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2016, 11:19:57 PM »
Greg Gard knew about multiple indiscretions within the program and did nothing about it.  The current regime may be no more moral than Bo's.  Just a thought.  Easy to swallow.

You need a brush-up on 2016 NCAA hoops "ethics"......

An assistant college basketball coach is under no obligation, and in no position, to rat on his de facto employer. Much more kosher is the head coach making the assistant his "fall guy" for matters the head coach knew about, and probably even encouraged (Pitino).
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

GWSwarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2016, 11:27:36 PM »
Ok, I just dropped a deuce and I still think your most important rivals are conference foes.  That said, Bucky is still significant,

Does anyone else want to justify their inferiority complex about Bucky?

So your just straight up trolling. At least you owned up to the fact that your a douche with no life
Fear makes you dumb.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2016, 11:31:37 PM »

The past does not matter. The grinch is gone. Gard is the new coach on the block, just like Wojo was two years ago. I felt that Wojo was in good position to recruit against Bo. Now that dyanmic between the two programs has changed. Only time will tell how it turns out, but do not throw past history in, because the competition for recruits is not the same as it was last year.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2016, 11:32:22 PM »

We'll see. So far he has brought in a grand total of 0 recruits. Not that he should have in this limited amount of time. I will wait a few years to see if he can win with his own guys before passing judgement.

There is a process. It must be respected.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2016, 06:55:37 AM »

"Under Buzz we recruited a different type of player than Bucky, little overlap.  Under Wojo we are going after a player more similar but head-to-head Wojo looks like he had more success than Bucky to date."

You're an idiot.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2016, 06:59:39 AM »
We'll see. So far he has brought in a grand total of 0 recruits. Not that he should have in this limited amount of time. I will wait a few years to see if he can win with his own guys before passing judgement.

There is a process. It must be respected.

In 2016, they have two open slots, with zero commits. If Hayes goes pro, it's three.

In 2017, they will have four open slots and they have one commit, Kobe King.

The next two years will be critical for them, so lets see what Gard can do. 

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2016, 07:55:31 AM »

In 2016, they have two open slots, with zero commits. If Hayes goes pro, it's three.

In 2017, they will have four open slots and they have one commit, Kobe King.

The next two years will be critical for them, so lets see what Gard can do.

Hayes will not go pro.   Had a rough season by his standards and he doesnt exactly fit the NBA mold.   
Hayes will be a good Euro player some day

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2016, 08:21:16 AM »
A friend on mine is a good friend of Dekker. Saw this on his Twitter feed. The "obsession" must work both ways. Certainly not a "rival."

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2016, 08:25:03 AM »
Hayes will not go pro.   Had a rough season by his standards and he doesnt exactly fit the NBA mold.   
Hayes will be a good Euro player some day

He's not exactly interested in school.

He's had a down year but still has good measurables. It wouldn't shock me at all if he left.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2016, 09:02:11 AM »

I am fairly certain they only have one open slot.  The one vacated when Dearring transferred mid year.  They have no scholarship seniors. 

nyg

• All American
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2016, 09:06:47 AM »

I am fairly certain they only have one open slot.  The one vacated when Dearring transferred mid year.  They have no scholarship seniors.

Got it from this:

wisconsin basketball recruits commits

Sorry, link didn't copy.  But it lists two slots open.  Just google it and it will show a chart. 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 09:08:36 AM by nyg »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2016, 09:12:40 AM »
Yep.  You're right.  I was counting one of their redshirts as a scholarship player.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2016, 09:29:00 AM »
Sam Dekker took a shot at Marquette fans on Twitter last night.  He needs to stop his sick obsession with Marquette.

Sam Dekker was, is, and always will be an enormous douche
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2016, 10:41:29 AM »
I... LIKE... BEN... BRUST and I cannot lie.
You other brothers can't deny...

(Taught that to my 7-year-old daughter when he played for them.
It was cute as hell til she found out the real words two years later.
Now I just get glares from her mother.)
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2016, 10:45:40 AM »
Took to page 4 and this thread has descended into obsessing over Bucky.  Amazing how worked up everyone gets about this, and how every one this board that does not live in WI thinks you're a bunch of fools.

Is it a requirement to live in WI without a UW degree to assume a position of inferiority or does it just come naturally?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2016, 10:50:25 AM »
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

feedback