[September 20, 2024, 07:45:48 PM]

Big East 2024 -25 Results by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 06:05:27 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by MU82
[September 20, 2024, 12:31:28 PM]

Excellent Mr Dodds Interview with Ben Gold by Herman Cain
[September 20, 2024, 08:52:59 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: B&G Scrimmage

Marquette
Marquette

B&G Scrimmage

Date/Time: Oct 5, 2024 11:00am
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Georgetown thoughts  (Read 23354 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Georgetown thoughts
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2016, 10:58:58 PM »
Same crappy defense all season.

We were top 50 in adjusted D for most of the season. In last couple of games we have slipped down to 62.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2016, 10:59:44 PM »
Hitting those two free throws with one second left was pretty impressive. .667 FT% for the year.

drewm88

• All American
Re: Georgetown
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2016, 11:03:01 PM »
Henry needs some serious physical therapy on the ankle. Let him sit out Butler and get him healthy and then make our run at the BET.

I'd say he should play against Butler, play the BET and any postseason we might have, and then rest it during the NBA draft events. Get it nice and ready for the pro-am.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2016, 11:05:57 PM »
Georgetown had 8 scholarship players. Riyan Williams is the only walk on that played.

White and Hayes are injured. We only have 10 scholarship players. We had 7 last year. I'm not going to feel bad for them.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2016, 11:06:47 PM »

But did you enjoy the game??

Doesn't matter.

Much more satisfying to rush to the keyboard and criticize our team and coach after a nice win.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2016, 11:07:02 PM »
Georgetown had 8 scholarship players. Riyan Williams is the only walk on that played.

White and Hayes are injured. We only have 10 scholarship players. We had 7 last year. I'm not going to feel bad for them.

Yes, we all feel so bad for them..

Whatever happened to Mourning for them?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 11:08:47 PM by WarriorPride68 »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2016, 11:07:16 PM »
I'd say he should play against Butler, play the BET and any postseason we might have, and then rest it during the NBA draft events. Get it nice and ready for the pro-am.

I dunno... Looked more like an Achilles injury to me.  Not a Cadougan, unless HE simply doesn't know pain, but I think his season is done.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2016, 11:09:27 PM »
Yes, we all feel so bad for them..

Nice.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2016, 11:12:02 PM »
I dunno... Looked more like an Achilles injury to me.  Not a Cadougan, unless HE simply doesn't know pain, but I think his season is done.
HE was putting weight on it leaving the court.
Sure hope you are wrong

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2016, 11:12:26 PM »

Announcers said he was sick
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2016, 11:13:07 PM »
First half impeccable.  Great gameplay to run and spread the court.

Luke with 19 first half points and Goran with three fouls.  Luke with 4, 2nd half points, but two free throws to win it, and Goran ended with the same three fouls. MU outscored by 10 out of half time. Adjustments.

Only nine turnovers, one by Traci and three by Haanif including a bad one at the end.  Great mix up to start TC, and TC's magic bailed us out of the GU trap.

MU won two of the four factors, with free throws the decider on the great play out of the final time out.

Maybe the sparsest Big East crowd ever in the BC.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2016, 11:13:55 PM »
Announcers said he was sick

Thanks TAMU. Forgot about him until post game

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2016, 11:28:47 PM »
If the first half is a preview of how we will play next year (I realize minus Henry) then I can't wait for November.  I don't remember when I've last seen an MU team pass like that.
GT just keep making 3s or the game would have been out of reach
It would have been a real downer to lose a game in which we played so well offensively. 
Thank you Luke and Traci
Got to find a way to keep Luke from being dragged out on the perimeter.  Need him down low to guard the lane.
Get well soon Henry! 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2016, 11:33:24 PM »
Good night....team continues to improve.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2016, 11:35:46 PM »
Since Henry didn't leave his last home game on his terms

That means he's coming back right?
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2016, 11:39:37 PM »

Maybe the sparsest Big East crowd ever in the BC.

No students in the 220 section until 8:30p.  Upper deck, barely touched.  We've lost the students. 

The alumni lower bowl was full. Typical pyramid in the upper deck.  8p on a Tuesday makes Chicago travel hard.   No excuse for the 2500 students who no-showed. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 07:54:07 AM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2016, 11:46:12 PM »
Great offensive game plan in the first half.  Best all season.

Same crappy defense all season.

Wojo still can't make adjustments.

MU's defense has statistically been pretty decent this year. What adjustments would you have made?

They got hot, and had the size advantage at 4 positions. Zone wasn't an option. You gonna press a veteran PG like Smith-Rivera?

MU didn't guard well in the second half, but I'm not sure if that's on the coaching in this case.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2016, 04:03:42 AM »
Good night....team continues to improve.

Trending the right direction for sure.  We'll be a tough out in the BET, NCAA or NIT. 
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

tower912

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2016, 05:31:10 AM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2016, 06:15:13 AM »
Good game by the Warriors. Thought it might go south when Henry went down, but the kids hung in there. Clutch fts at the end by Duane, can't figure out his inconsistency at the line. Huge clutch fts by Fishy.
Starting to come together. Would love to see this whole group stay together next year.
HE, please give it one more year.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2016, 06:51:36 AM »
Wojo Post-Game:

1. Henry sprained ankle. My thoughts: Out for Saturday at least, we shall see.

2. Georgetown fronted Luke in the 2nd half, instead of allowing him to catch, like in the 1st half.

3. Final play: Luke to screen for Traci, Traci go hard to the basket, Luke to follow with the rebound.  Georgetown changed to a 3/4 court press out of the TO and they improvised to what it was.  Good job by the players to recognize.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2016, 07:10:30 AM »
A few more thoughts...
  • Georgetown opened the game with a press. Clearly, the story about this team is out. Press us and we turn the ball over. Glad Traci started, he's our best at beating the press, though we lose a lot if Hank isn't there to inbound.
  • Henry was very impressive tonight. His threes may not have fallen, but they were all designed to be good shots, and his passing, especially in tight quarters, was excellent.
  • Remember when Traci couldn't feed the post and seemed to turn it over every time he tried to get Luke the ball? His improvement this season is remarkable. In conference play, his assist rate, steal percentage, 2PFG%, and 3PFG% have all improved over non-con. That's really impressive.
  • We turned the ball over 3 times in the first half (including against the press) and 9 times in the game. Fantastic improvement for at least one night.
  • Georgetown played pretty well tonight (59.7 eFG%), we just played a little bit better (64.5 eFG%).
  • Nice to win on senior night. This one's for Michael Mache.
  • Hope Ellenson gets well soon, we'll need him in the Big East Tournament. If not, he's had a great year. Love to see him back, but expect last night was his final game at the BC in a Marquette uniform.
  • Good coaching tonight. For at least one night, Wojo's critics should be silent.
  • Saw a lot of "we finally won a close game" comments on Twitter. Uhh...we're 7-3 in games decided by one possession or overtime. This team has been very good in close games, tonight was no exception. Also 4-0 in games decided by 2 possessions.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2016, 07:12:44 AM »
My comments

I was afraid some team was going to wise up and press us from the start, but we handled it great and did what we were supposed to do, which is attack and make them pay for pressing.  We were so successful that Georgetown had to give it up.

We had started to flounder before HE got hurt, as when Georgetown made its run we started settling for jump shots with plenty of time on the clock.  At one point during a timeout they showed Wojo imploring them to work the ball inside and on the next possession JJJ fired up a 3 with 15-20 seconds left on the shot clock.   Our strength on offense is quickness and slashing, and we have to always, always remember that.  The jump shot lulls are getting less and less frequent.  That's good coaching.

Despite that short stretch, that was the best ball movement I've seen from us in a long time.  Carter looked great orchestrating things.  I love an aggressive, attacking PG.

As good as our offense was, are defense was nearly as bad.  Moving Cheatham to Copeland probably saved the game (of course you could argue that had we done it sooner we might have had a little cushion at the end).  At any rate, Copeland looked all-world yesterday.  They have some great pieces but are pretty porous defensively.  Cheatham needs to take 10,000 stop and pop mid-range jumpers this summer.  Once he adds that to his repertoire, the sky is the limit for him.

Hardly any Sandy, and unfortunately that appears to be for the best.  He doesn't seem to be able to play at the same speed as the rest of our regular rotation.  We will need him at some point so I hope he stays involved and ready.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2016, 07:34:02 AM »
No students in the 218 section until 8:30p.  Upper deck, barely touched.  We've lost the students. 

The alumni lower bowl was full. Typical pyramid in the upper deck.  8p on a Tuesday makes Chicago travel hard.   No excuse for the 2500 students who no-showed.

I texted glow jr. "Your friends suck" during the game, and he agreed with me. He said he had to go pretty deep in his contact list to find someone to go with.
Have some patience, FFS.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2016, 07:54:54 AM »
Wojo played 7 kids tonight - one of whom was unable to finish the game.
I count 8.  In addition to the starters, Du, Wally and Chief played. 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

feedback