Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DePaul Question  (Read 7229 times)

tower912

• All American
DePaul Question
« on: February 15, 2016, 07:44:59 AM »
The stars aligned and I have the weekend of the DePaul game off.   I am going to journey from the hinterlands to the game on Saturday.   Is there any possibility that it is going to be sold out and I should try to get my tickets in advance?   From what I remember from the last time I went, the arena is only 2/3 full and half of those are MU people.   Will I be able to just walk up and get tickets?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
Re: DePaul Question
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 07:54:02 AM »
The stars aligned and I have the weekend of the DePaul game off.   I am going to journey from the hinterlands to the game on Saturday.   Is there any possibility that it is going to be sold out and I should try to get my tickets in advance?   From what I remember from the last time I went, the arena is only 2/3 full and half of those are MU people.   Will I be able to just walk up and get tickets?

Wont even be close to a sell out

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 07:59:54 AM »
If you're committed, there's a MU pregame event and a link to tickets in the MU section.  You'll find it on the MU alumni page.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 08:03:47 AM »
If you're committed, there's a MU pregame event and a link to tickets in the MU section.  You'll find it on the MU alumni page.

http://muconnect.marquette.edu/Page.aspx?pid=533&cid=7&ceid=1736&cerid=0&cdt=2%2f20%2f2016
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 08:20:38 AM »

If you really want to go to this dog of a game, you should be committed!

(jk ... couldn't resist ... I absolutely would go if logistically possible, just as I went to every MU-DePaul game when I lived in Chicago.)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 08:23:22 AM »
100% zero chance of a sell out. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 08:31:55 AM »

Thanks, and thanks for the link, but I can't get there that early.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 08:37:40 AM »
Thanks, and thanks for the link, but I can't get there that early.

Do note that the ticket link is for a 'dedicated' MU section (actually several) that DePaul established and has nothing necessarily to do with the pregame event.  So if you KNOW you will be going......

I think tickets range from maybe $15 up to $40. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 08:41:54 AM »
Do note that the ticket link is for a 'dedicated' MU section (actually several) that DePaul established and has nothing necessarily to do with the pregame event.  So if you KNOW you will be going......

I think tickets range from maybe $15 up to $40.

After all these years as an MU fan, for the first time since I graduated, I sat in an MU section for the tournament in Brooklyn. It was a ton of fun being with fellow Warriors. Definitely worth doing, especially if one has never done so before.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 08:52:46 AM »
After all these years as an MU fan, for the first time since I graduated, I sat in an MU section for the tournament in Brooklyn. It was a ton of fun being with fellow Warriors. Definitely worth doing, especially if one has never done so before.

Don't mean to hijack but one of my favorite experiences was the NCAA tourney game against Murray St.  The ENTIRE rest of the KFC Yum Center was against us with Kentucky playing there and local Louisville fans also in attendance supporting another Kentucky school.  True David/Goliath. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 09:00:49 AM »
Don't mean to hijack but one of my favorite experiences was the NCAA tourney game against Murray St.  The ENTIRE rest of the KFC Yum Center was against us with Kentucky playing there and local Louisville fans also in attendance supporting another Kentucky school.  True David/Goliath.

That sounds awesome, glow.

We're not hijacking at all. We are talking about the experience of sitting in an MU section at a road game, and that is relevant to the topic.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 09:04:22 AM »

Interesting choice by the Louisville fans since we were in the same league at the time. What would MU fans do if MU was in the same regional with UW-Green Bay and they were playing Seton Hall?  (Madison would obviously bring different emotions into play).
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 09:26:19 AM »
I was at the DePaul/Villanova game last week - and DePaul couldn't even get 5,000 people in the 18,000 seat arena.  DePaul always over-inflates in actual attendance to avoid further embarassment.  JLP, as always, sits courtside next to Dave Leitao and doesn't talk to anyone or move.

I can't remember the last time they sold out a game (I believe it was against #1 Cincinnati and Kenyon Martin in 2000).

I get that DePaul has had tremendous difficulty getting people to games, but if you can't get a decent crowd against the #1 team in the nation, I don't see much hope until they open that new arena - and even that has many questions regarding getting crowds to games.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 09:49:44 AM »
Tower, there won't be more than 6,000 people there. Just walk right up.

And sadly for DePaul, typically MU is their best draw.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 09:50:12 AM »
I will be there with a group of Marquette alums as well. Definitely worth sitting with the marquette section.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 09:52:25 AM »
I will be there with a group of Marquette alums as well. Definitely worth sitting with the marquette section.

Wait, is there a DePaul section at the AllDump?

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 10:10:13 AM »
Wait, is there a DePaul section at the AllDump?

A friend and I will be about 12 rows up behind the MU bench.  Going to reception before too.

Danny Noonan

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 10:10:33 AM »
Wish I would have known about the MU section- I picked up 4 tickets last week on Ticketmaster and the sections near the MU bench were listed as taken. I thought it was odd that it looked like the lower bowl was basically sold out- now I know for next year.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 10:11:54 AM »
Don't do the upper deck.  It sucks. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 10:17:49 AM »
Interesting choice by the Louisville fans since we were in the same league at the time. What would MU fans do if MU was in the same regional with UW-Green Bay and they were playing Seton Hall?  (Madison would obviously bring different emotions into play).

To be clear, Kentucky played the game after and Cal sent a memo out to the Blue fans to support Murray State and tweak UL and the Big East. UL fans were cheering for MU. UK fans are interesting to say the least as so many travel to the NCAA games as it is may be the only time they can get tickets (as the wait list at home is years long).

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 10:23:19 AM »

Truthfully, the handful of Louisville fans were somewhat neutral.  Polite applause for MU at best.  That was totally different during the Kentucky game.  What you have to appreciate is that Kentucky fans probably occupied 90% of the total seats.

We enjoyed our time down there.  Louisville folks were wonderful hosts and the downtown was fun.  Great trip.  Sing along "I wish I could turn back times, to the good old days...."
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 10:27:11 AM by jsglow »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 11:02:23 AM »
Tix purchased.    See you in section 101.   

MU82

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 11:20:39 AM »
My son, who still lives in Chicago, just texted to say he will be there representin' the MU82 family!

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 12:02:48 PM »
Just bought tix today in the $10 section.  Got the same seats last year and we probably could have moved to just about any section we wanted to.  I live 15 min from all-state and have been to many events there.... the only one that ever had a sizeable crowd was when I took my daughters to Disney On Ice last month.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 12:55:51 PM »
Yesterday afternoon was flipping through the channels and ESPN had the Globetrotters on, live from DePaul.

They sold out the lower bowl. First time I've ever seen people in that place for basketball.