[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Super bowl thread  (Read 14045 times)

tower912

• All American
Super bowl thread
« on: February 07, 2016, 06:23:29 PM »
Denver come out on fire.  Carolina nervous.  Liked the Doritos commercial.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

tower912

• All American
Re: Super bowl thread
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 06:33:45 PM »
Talib could have been ejected for that face mask.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 06:59:41 PM »
Gotta figure LXXXII keeps poundin' his head 'gainst da wall, ai na?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 07:27:23 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 07:01:35 PM »
A game of mistakes so far.  Including the officials.  Blew that incomplete pass call, even on review.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 07:16:25 PM »
Wasn't Kubiak thrown out of Houston? Now he's in the SB. NFL, coaching especially, is such a crapshoot

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 07:25:30 PM »
Figurin' Lady Gaga's gonna win, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 07:38:11 PM »
A game of mistakes so far.  Including the officials.  Blew that incomplete pass call, even on review.

late hit on cam was a bad call.  put a skirt on him.  he was far from down lots of adrenalin flowing
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 07:42:41 PM »
It wasn't on can.   Away from the play.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 08:14:57 PM »
Beyoncé almost took a spill.

The video of past halftime shows was pretty cool.

$Cam playing a lot like Russell Wilson. Keep him in the pocket and make him beat you with his arm and he ain't no good.

Carolina really loose with the football. 2 fumbles lost and at least 2 other times where the ball came out just after the player hits the ground.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 08:16:47 PM »
Oh and I hate the "receiver was in the area" rule. What is "in the area?" I swear there are times that it's thrown 15 yards away from any player on he field and the ref just points at some random offensive player.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 08:34:44 PM »
What a terribly boring game. I really don't wanna see Manning win.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 08:38:19 PM »
What a terribly boring game. I really don't wanna see Manning win.

Of all the people I can think of in the NFL that I wouldn't want to see win the Super Bowl, especially right now, Peyton Manning comes about last. One of the true class acts in the game, and, in my opinion, the greatest to ever play the game. Going out on top would be awesome.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 09:04:42 PM »
Maybe $cam was too busy dabbing to attempt to recover his own fumble. Only reason I can think of for that lack of effort.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 09:25:08 PM »
Maybe $cam was too busy dabbing to attempt to recover his own fumble. Only reason I can think of for that lack of effort.

I think he had an owie from a previous series and figured maybe next time, I've got some commercials to tape yet
don't...don't don't don't don't

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 09:31:29 PM »
I think he had an owie from a previous series and figured maybe next time, I've got some commercials to tape yet

I don't know why but I can see this panthers team as one of those teams that never quite has the same success again.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 09:44:22 PM »
Enjoy that beer Peyton. Not sure of the choice of beer but that's okay.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 10:14:11 PM »
Gotta figure LXXXII keeps poundin' his head 'gainst da wall, ai na?

Disappointing day. Panthers' defense played admirably. Their D played better ... and WAY better than the Panthers' offense.

And believe it or not, I was by far the calmest of the 8 people at the little gathering we had at our house to watch the game. F-bombs were flying ... and that was mostly from the women. And I am totally serious about that.

One of my friend's wives said the F-word so often it was quite comical, as if somebody was doing a parody of a 4-foot-8, 85-pound, 65-year-old Jewish woman screaming F-bombs.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 11:12:16 PM »
Couple musings...

I thought Denver would win, #1 overall defenses in SB's now 10-2 all time.

In spite of their record, Panthers were shaky on the road this year.

I know they always defer, but thought Panthers made a mistake in not taking the ball to start. This game in particular is far different from a typical NFL game, I think getting the ball to start the second half is way overrated after sitting for 33 minutes for halftime. Panthers fed on starting fast, and a team like Denver on their first drive was going to come out prepared.

I don't like Carolina's chances to get back here next year. They had a great run, but lots of roster holes to fill, and the conference will catch up to them next year.

So much for the Von Miller to Chicago rumors. Denver still going to have an interesting decision to make come mid March, if neither Miller nor Osweiler strikes a deal. Guessing Peyton announces his retirement next week to help the Broncos out.

On to the offseason.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 11:57:29 PM »
Enjoy that beer Peyton. Not sure of the choice of beer but that's okay.

That was rather odd. Obviously he was getting paid to shill that sh1t beer.

I hope Manning retires. Manning gets a lot of press for being a 'good guy' but he has been brazen about his extra-marital activities.

And Eli? That punk has been a dick his entire life but his entry to the NFL, warning the Chargers against drafting him, merely reinforced his ridiculous sense of entitlement..

Death on call

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 07:06:35 AM »

Two disclaimers before asking this question:  I'm a lifelong Broncos fan and I thought the incomplete pass call would get overturned.

My question:  if any part of the ball touched the ground when he first went down, causing him to lose control, is it incomplete even if he gained control as he rolled over?  As I said, I thought it would get overturned.  So, I've been trying to figure out what the ref saw (or didn't see) that caused him to not overturn the call.  The only thing I can think of is that he thought the nose of the ball might have hit the ground when he first went down, which caused him to lose control before rolling over.  There's a decent picture on this site.  It's hard to see because the ball is a little obscured by Cotchery's bicep.  Also, with a still you can't tell whether that is the closest the ball got to the ground.  But even on that picture it looks like a part of the ball may have touched the ground in (in front of Cotchery's finger).  If it did, and if that caused him to lose control (as it did because he bobbled the ball while rolling over), does that make it incomplete even though he clearly gained control as he rolled over and the ball didn't hit again.  Honest question.  I don't know the rule.

I think a lot of commentators have been focusing on whether the ball hit the ground at the end -- after he rolled over -- and it clearly didn't.  I think the basis of the call was that it hit the ground on the initial contact and that caused him to lose control (or at least they couldn't rule that out on the replay so they did not overturn the call).
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 07:10:09 AM »

And then his embarrassing presser.  $cam may pass Brady as the most despised player in the NFL.  Hey $cam, kiss any endorsement deal out the window.  Absolute loser.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2016, 07:32:47 AM »
And then his embarrassing presser.  $cam may pass Brady as the most despised player in the NFL.  Hey $cam, kiss any endorsement deal out the window.  Absolute loser.

Because he was upset after losing the biggest game of his career? Please, I've acted more pissed off losing a high school volleyball game.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2016, 07:37:40 AM »

One of my friend's wives said the F-word so often it was quite comical, as if somebody was doing a parody of a 4-foot-8, 85-pound, 65-year-old Jewish woman screaming F-bombs.

That sounds hot.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2016, 08:28:01 AM »

Cam doesn't lose very well. He never has. His presser was not a good look for him. Knowing how he can be, someone within the Carolina organization (PR person, coach or a veteran player) should have gotten to him before he went to meet the media and told him that, no matter how upset and frustrated he is, he NEEDS to act like a grown man/professional for 5 minutes, answer their questions with cliches and get on the bus.

Because he was upset after losing the biggest game of his career? Please, I've acted more pissed off losing a high school volleyball game.

But no one cared how you acted.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2016, 08:32:51 AM »

Yeah so much for the "matured" Cam Newton.  The fact of the matter is he's still a punk who just happened to be winning, so he happened to be more upbeat than he was in the past.  Nothing about him changed besides he was winning.

The difference is you were a 14-18 year old kid who wasn't pretending to be a changed man and talking about how misunderstood you are because of your race, and you weren't getting paid millions of dollars to, in part, do press conferences.  $cam is a 26 year old man who wanted everyone to believe he had matured beyond exactly what he showed last night.  If that was the case, he would've handled it like all the other Carolina players who were upset after losing the biggest game of their careers.

feedback