'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Season Ticket Question  (Read 25840 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Season Ticket Question
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2015, 01:29:01 PM »
I agree though, "Season Ticket Holder" kind of ruined it.  They should have just left it plain.

But they wanted them to be rare, and therefore valuable.  You know, kinda like GOLD.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2015, 03:26:28 PM »
Got my tickets (and flag) but not my parking and court-side club passes. 

Are they mailed separately or was their a mistake?

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2015, 04:12:51 PM »
Got my tickets (and flag) but not my parking and court-side club passes. 

Are they mailed separately or was their a mistake?

Separately.  My parking arrived today. 
Ludum habemus.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2015, 02:56:38 PM »
Finally broke down and bought big boy season tickets. Couldn't resist. I will throughly be enjoying my one free beer a game.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2015, 03:31:37 PM »
I missed the memo on season tickets getting a free beer per game.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2015, 03:33:30 PM »

It's that new coors corner for young alumni.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2015, 03:35:59 PM »
It's that new coors corner for young alumni.

In other words, not really "big boy" tickets.  More like going to pullups.
Have some patience, FFS.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2015, 03:41:16 PM »
In other words, not really "big boy" tickets.  More like going to pullups.

Eh, my bank account says otherwise. Remarkable how the blue and gold fund donation and Bradley Center fees and taxes aren't mentioned until you actually call.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2015, 04:38:13 PM »
Eh, my bank account says otherwise. Remarkable how the blue and gold fund donation and Bradley Center fees and taxes aren't mentioned until you actually call.

It's always fun watching young people enter the 'real world'.  Your friend chick jr. will be close by.  Enjoy your beer.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2015, 05:15:23 PM »

What are you talking about?  From my original post on the thread I started about this:

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/100115aaa.html

Oct. 1, 2015
Recent graduates of Marquette University now have the opportunity to claim their own sections at the BMO Harris Bradley Center for men’s basketball games with the creation of the Coors Light Recent Graduate Ticket Package, just in time for the 2015-16 season.

The “Coors Light Corner” in sections 427 and 428 provides the opportunity for alumni who have exhausted their eligibility in the last five years the opportunity to “graduate” from the student section and continue to cheer on the Golden Eagles as a group. Anyone who has earned a Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral or Professional degree from Marquette University since May 2011 is eligible for this program.

Season tickets for the “Coors Light Corner” will cost just $150 per ticket, well below the regular cost of $275 for this section. The discounted price includes $100 to cover the cost of the ticket to all 20 games this year and $50 will be a donation (tax deductible) to the Blue & Gold Fund, which assists in scholarship support for all of the athletic programs at Marquette.

Also included for each ticket in this section:

One Coors Light Recent Grad Section t-shirt
One piece of glassware co-branded by Marquette Basketball and Coors Light
One voucher per game for a free Coors Light to be redeemed only at the BMO Harris Bradley Center concession stand located by Sections 427 and 428
Entry for a drawing to participate in the Marquette Basketball Fantasy Camp
A limit of two tickets per graduate may be requested for this section. Recent Marquette graduates interested in purchasing season tickets in “Coors Light Corner” should call the Marquette Ticket Office at 414-288-GOMU (4668).
Have some patience, FFS.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2015, 05:18:00 PM »

Email Kim Dulde; she'll hook you up.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2015, 07:18:24 PM »
What are you talking about?  From my original post on the thread I started about this:

Yea, must have glanced over that. Im fine with the B&G donation the Bradley Center ticket fee bothered me a little though.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2015, 08:14:25 PM »
Yea, must have glanced over that. Im fine with the B&G donation the Bradley Center ticket fee bothered me a little though.

Big boys have to pay ticket fees.  Just like everyone else who buys tickets for an event at the BC except for Marquette students.   :)
Have some patience, FFS.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2015, 10:01:14 AM »
Email Kim Dulde; she'll hook you up.

"WTF, dude, she has NO IDEA what you are talking about."

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2015, 10:03:08 AM »
Big boys have to pay ticket fees.  Just like everyone else who buys tickets for an event at the BC except for Marquette students.   :)

You practicing for when your kids are out of school and having the same "problems" as Chitown?  ;)

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2015, 10:53:33 AM »
You practicing for when your kids are out of school and having the same "problems" as Chitown?  ;)

I already have one out. Her only complaint is that they don't tell you upfront that they are assigned seats and not general admission like the student seats.  She bought one ticket and she and her friends had to go back to the ticket office so that they could sit together.
Have some patience, FFS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2015, 11:10:37 AM »
I already have one out. Her only complaint is that they don't tell you upfront that they are assigned seats and not general admission like the student seats.  She bought one ticket and she and her friends had to go back to the ticket office so that they could sit together.

Oh my, the travesties kids must face today.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2015, 11:26:41 AM »
Ticket fees?! Assigned seating?! THE HORROR.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2015, 11:29:09 AM »
Actually it sounds like her daughter's problem is that she was unaware that it is assigned seating.  Not the fact that it is actually assigned seating.

On the one hand I wouldn't know why she would assume it would be general admission.  On the other hand, that might be something that Marquette should communicate to a group that is used to general admission.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2015, 12:04:54 PM »
Actually it sounds like her daughter's problem is that she was unaware that it is assigned seating.  Not the fact that it is actually assigned seating.

On the one hand I wouldn't know why she would assume it would be general admission.  On the other hand, that might be something that Marquette should communicate to a group that is used to general admission.

Actually, I think MU missed the boat on this one.  College kids have a tendency to text each other with 'who's going?' and then link up and sit together.  It's MUCH better than the stress of assigned seating and 'Who am I getting tickets with this year?' as was the case when I was in school.  I think the young alums would much prefer GA.  As an example, Chitown and my daughter are casual friends and might sit together if they ran into each other at the BC.  But I think both would agree they wouldn't commit to buying tickets together.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:09:41 PM by jsglow »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2015, 12:16:48 PM »
I'm also anticipating that many of the young alums (especially those 1 or 2 years out) will migrate to the student section on occasion.  I'm fully expecting that my daughter will want to hang with sorority sisters, other friends and/or her Senior brother.  As time passes and recent grads lose student connections, that behavior will wane.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2015, 12:58:04 PM »
Actually, I think MU missed the boat on this one.  College kids have a tendency to text each other with 'who's going?' and then link up and sit together.  It's MUCH better than the stress of assigned seating and 'Who am I getting tickets with this year?' as was the case when I was in school.  I think the young alums would much prefer GA.  As an example, Chitown and my daughter are casual friends and might sit together if they ran into each other at the BC.  But I think both would agree they wouldn't commit to buying tickets together.

I respectfully disagree. MU shouldn't be their enabler. They're adults. They're no longer "college kids. They're college graduates. They can figure out who they want to sit by and make the necessary arrangements when ordering season tickets. My 6 buddies and I have done that since we graduated in 2002. We figured it out. It's a simple process. Besides, it's not like they couldn't find a place to sit together in the upper bowl for most games anyway.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:59:49 PM by MerrittsMustache »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2015, 01:00:03 PM »
As an example, Chitown and my daughter are casual friends and might sit together if they ran into each other at the BC.  But I think both would agree they wouldn't commit to buying tickets together.

So are you saying that you'd prefer it if Chitown kept things casual?  Or are you saying that Chick jr. needs commitment?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2015, 01:04:03 PM »

This, when I called they asked me who I would like to sit next to and I panicked and just spat out like 3 different names. So I have no clue who I'm sitting next to.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2015, 01:06:34 PM »
This, when I called they asked me who I would like to sit next to and I panicked and just spat out like 3 different names. So I have no clue who I'm sitting next to.

And that's the ticket office's fault?  ;D

feedback