'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Season Ticket Question  (Read 25842 times)

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
Re: Season Ticket Question
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2015, 09:07:50 PM »
Pitt has a neat system for student tickets.

At a designated point before each game, you log into your online account and mark that you want a ticket for the game.  Then, at a later designated point, tickets are distributed based on who has the most points out of the people who requested tickets based on the following system:

2 points for each game attended in the past
-1 point for requesting a ticket, getting issued a ticket, and then not showing up.

If there are still tickets available after that distribution, then anyone who wants one can log in and get one.

Of course, Pitt doesn't pay rent at the Pete, so that explains why they don't worry about charging the students for tickets.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2015, 10:31:07 PM »
All you clowns with your crazy algorithms MUST be engineers.  The outdoor line matters about twice a year and frankly is a wonderful rite of passage as Chitown indicated.  Leading the entire student body into the BMO BC against Bucky in both 2010 (Frosh daughter) and 2012 (Frosh son) should be worthy of a banner in the Al somewhere.  Of course as upperclassmen, they preferred to hang back and pre-game a tad.

Kegs 'n Eggs > Buzz's stale Dunkin' Donuts, ai na?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2015, 08:29:30 AM »
Interesting that you say that. Students GA was strongly preferred by my kids and their friends.  Honestly,  I think you're in the small minority.  But unlike some others here who are calling you names, I've enjoyed your perspective.

I will admit that my viewpoint is probably skewed by the fact that a group of us sat in the student section watching bad basketball for 3 years before Wade arrived my senior year. By late in that season, those of us who had been consistently going to games found ourselves fighting for seats with people who didn't know a basketball from a watermelon. It was fun to be part of a student section that was relatively full for a change but also frustrating that people had to run and push and shove in order to get a decent seat.

In addition, any time a mass of people goes sprinting into a confined space, it's a safety concern. All it takes is one serious injury (or one minor injury to an "important" student) and the GA system goes away. Why not get out ahead of that and get the student seating more organized?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2015, 10:25:59 AM »
I will admit that my viewpoint is probably skewed by the fact that a group of us sat in the student section watching bad basketball for 3 years before Wade arrived my senior year. By late in that season, those of us who had been consistently going to games found ourselves fighting for seats with people who didn't know a basketball from a watermelon. It was fun to be part of a student section that was relatively full for a change but also frustrating that people had to run and push and shove in order to get a decent seat.

In addition, any time a mass of people goes sprinting into a confined space, it's a safety concern. All it takes is one serious injury (or one minor injury to an "important" student) and the GA system goes away. Why not get out ahead of that and get the student seating more organized?

You are starting to sound like those overprotective parents.  Let's just cover all of our kids with bubble wrap and hold their hands as they go up the stairs.
Have some patience, FFS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2015, 10:47:31 AM »
You are starting to sound like those overprotective parents.  Let's just cover all of our kids with bubble wrap and hold their hands as they go up the stairs.

There's an obvious difference between a) being an overprotective parent and b) protecting yourself from a lawsuit from overprotective parent.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2015, 12:18:40 PM »
Serious question, what is acceptable apparal now? I don't think a jersey with gold shorts and blue and gold knee high socks are gonna cut it anymore but at the same time I ain't in sweater vest territory yet.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2015, 12:29:37 PM »
Serious question, what is acceptable apparal now? I don't think a jersey with gold shorts and blue and gold knee high socks are gonna cut it anymore but at the same time I ain't in sweater vest territory yet.

Have some patience, FFS.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2015, 01:04:50 PM »

Marquette sweatshirt/t-shirt/zippy/pullover (not all at once). No shorts. No jerseys. No "student" t-shirts.

Welcome to the big leagues.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2015, 01:05:17 PM »
There's an obvious difference between a) being an overprotective parent and b) protecting yourself from a lawsuit from overprotective parent.

Exactly.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2015, 02:04:22 PM »

Hey... you millennials are all about dressing ironically.  Get yourself a damn sweater vest.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2015, 03:09:22 PM »

Wear whatever the hell you want, man.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2015, 04:44:15 PM »
Wear whatever the hell you want, man.

Bingo
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2015, 06:20:40 AM »
Kegs 'n Eggs > Buzz's stale Dunkin' Donuts, ai na?

Yep. Or simply avoiding the cold. Funny thing is my son doesn't drink before games. Maybe last year he should have!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2015, 06:24:36 AM »
Marquette sweatshirt/t-shirt/zippy/pullover (not all at once). No shorts. No jerseys. No "student" t-shirts.

Welcome to the big leagues.

Agree.

feedback