collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: JFB's new digs  (Read 2096 times)

mr.MUskie

• All American
JFB's new digs
« on: September 22, 2015, 08:01:41 PM »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: JFB's new digs
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 08:36:38 PM »
Matt Forte is his neighbor.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 08:38:24 PM »
Kinda looks like Bumstead's old digs in The Quon, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 11:06:35 AM »
I'm available to help move this weekend... my fee is a single selection from the wine cellar.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 11:20:56 AM »
I always find it incredibly odd that A) this stuff is published, and B) People are interested.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 02:05:02 PM »
I always find it incredibly odd that A) this stuff is published, and B) People are interested.

Transfers of real estate are a matter of public record as soon as the deed hits the recorder's office.

I was at a friend's house last year for a housewarming and overheard him asking one of his neighbors how much she paid for her house.  She responded rather tersely that it wasn't any of his business, so while a bit of awkwardness filled the air, I pulled out my iPhone, and 30 seconds later I said she paid $250,000 (or whatever it was).  I didn't know this lady, but she was kind of a bitch, so when she looked at me with a puzzled, wide-eyed stare, I simply said, "it's all public record ma'am, there are no secrets when it comes to real estate prices."  She left the party about 20 minutes later.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 02:58:15 PM »
Transfers of real estate are a matter of public record as soon as the deed hits the recorder's office.

I was at a friend's house last year for a housewarming and overheard him asking one of his neighbors how much she paid for her house.  She responded rather tersely that it wasn't any of his business, so while a bit of awkwardness filled the air, I pulled out my iPhone, and 30 seconds later I said she paid $250,000 (or whatever it was).  I didn't know this lady, but she was kind of a bitch, so when she looked at me with a puzzled, wide-eyed stare, I simply said, "it's all public record ma'am, there are no secrets when it comes to real estate prices."  She left the party about 20 minutes later.

1.  It was rude for your friend to ask.  If he really wanted to know, he could have looked it up later.
2.  It was rude for you to pull out your phone and tell him in front of her.

Yes, it is public record. The salaries of many public employees are also public record.  That doesn't mean it is appropriate to ask a teacher at a party how much money he makes, or to pull out your cell phone, look it up, and announce it in front of everyone.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 03:13:23 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 04:27:42 PM »

yes how weird of.... her?
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 04:36:54 PM »
Solid kitchen. Noticed those red knobs on his Wolf. Too bad no pics of the wine cellar. That would be neat to see.

Good for Jimmy.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 10:54:52 PM »
she paid $250,000

In Seattle that will get you a fixer upper double wide. Without the dirt.

Death on call

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 09:31:20 AM »
1.  It was rude for your friend to ask.  If he really wanted to know, he could have looked it up later.
2.  It was rude for you to pull out your phone and tell him in front of her.

Yes, it is public record. The salaries of many public employees are also public record.  That doesn't mean it is appropriate to ask a teacher at a party how much money he makes, or to pull out your cell phone, look it up, and announce it in front of everyone.

I'll respectfully disagree.  Home prices are nowhere the level of "personal" information that salaries are.  Salaries are (right or wrong) an indicator of, or at least commonly tied to, one's personal worth... a home, on the other hand, is simply property. 

There's absolutely no pride in what you paid for your home.  And there's no joy to be found in what your neighbor paid.

The only person who should be put off by a discussion of what he/she paid for his/her home is one who defines their self-worth by material possessions.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 10:57:48 AM »
I'll respectfully disagree.  Home prices are nowhere the level of "personal" information that salaries are.  Salaries are (right or wrong) an indicator of, or at least commonly tied to, one's personal worth... a home, on the other hand, is simply property. 

There's absolutely no pride in what you paid for your home.  And there's no joy to be found in what your neighbor paid.

The only person who should be put off by a discussion of what he/she paid for his/her home is one who defines their self-worth by material possessions.

Some people are more private than you are, and that is their choice. Someone's ability to get a loan of a certain amount to buy a home is definitely tied to their financial well being. It may not be a big deal for some of us that buy within our means that the banks will give ungodly large loans to, but for some people it's a big deal.

You definitely made someone feel very awkward. IMO, you should be more concerned about the impact you had in that situation instead of what your intention was.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2015, 11:05:38 AM »
I have never asked anyone what they paid for a house.  And I have never been asked the same question.  I think it is generally considered out of bounds regardless of how available the information is.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2015, 11:07:12 AM »

It's all "public record".  I am not sure why you are making a distinction.

This person clearly did not want to discuss the price of her home.  Someone who continues to discuss an issue in a purely social situation with which another person is obviously not comfortable is a douche. 

There are a lot of things that are "public record" that are generally not appropriate social discussion topics.  Would you be okay with saying, "Hey, I saw in the paper last week that your brother got arrested for rape.  How's that going?"
Have some patience, FFS.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2015, 11:34:49 AM »
If a home sells in my neighborhood, I want to know how much.  The price affects the appraised value of my home.  Not out of bounds at all.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 11:41:21 AM »
If a home sells in my neighborhood, I want to know how much.  The price affects the appraised value of my home.  Not out of bounds at all.

Wanting to know what someone paid for a home in your neighborhood is not OOB.  So look it up.

Asking someone that you don't know well that question is generally considered OOB.  So look it up.

Looking it up, and telling the person what she paid for it even after they made it clear that it was OOB is dickish.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 11:42:21 AM »

It's fair to want to know the selling price but one can easily look it up privately without publicly making the home-buyer feel uncomfortable.

Total d!ck move by Benny. No question.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 11:48:44 AM »
Some people are more private than you are, and that is their choice. Someone's ability to get a loan of a certain amount to buy a home is definitely tied to their financial well being. It may not be a big deal for some of us that buy within our means that the banks will give ungodly large loans to, but for some people it's a big deal.

You definitely made someone feel very awkward. IMO, you should be more concerned about the impact you had in that situation instead of what your intention was.

There were five or six other people in that conversation, and I would say they were probably relieved that I took an awkward situation for everyone and turned it into an awkward situation for one.  Everyone seemed to be pretty happy that she left because it was her initial response to my friend, who was hosting the party, that was uncalled for.  My response was absolutely appropriate for the situation.

I don't go to parties broadcasting what I and everyone else paid for their homes.  But I also don't consider real estate prices a taboo subject in a social or business setting.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 11:51:50 AM »
Would ya say the neighbor broad was hot, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 12:01:51 PM »
It's fair to want to know the selling price but one can easily look it up privately without publicly making the home-buyer feel uncomfortable.

Total d!ck move by Benny. No question.

Despite what the pu$$ies think of me, as a dick, I have to f--- an a$$---- before it $h!ts all over everyone.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 12:24:08 PM »
There were five or six other people in that conversation, and I would say they were probably relieved that I took an awkward situation for everyone and turned it into an awkward situation for one.  .

If they didn't feel even more awkward after you did what you did, they are dicks as well.

I am glad you didn't come to my neighborhood's block party a few weeks ago.  It would have been really embarrassing to witness your conversation with my neighbor whose house is in foreclosure.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 12:29:03 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 12:28:54 PM »
But I also don't consider real estate prices a taboo subject in a social or business setting.

But many, if not most, do. 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 01:51:29 PM »
If they didn't feel even more awkward after you did what you did, they are dicks as well.

I am glad you didn't come to my neighborhood's block party a few weeks ago.  It would have been really embarrassing to witness your conversation with my neighbor whose house is in foreclosure.

Between D!ck$ and cherries, you've got quite the potty mouth going this week.   ;)

'Never likes it when you talk dirty. 

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 03:30:54 PM »
Despite what the pu$$ies think of me, as a dick, I have to f--- an a$$---- before it $h!ts all over everyone.

Well done. You have now proven that you're an upstanding individual.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 03:42:00 PM by MerrittsMustache »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 04:36:55 PM »
Well done. You have now proven that you're an upstanding individual.

I see what you did there.

feedback