[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Daily Dose of Doom Thread  (Read 166884 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Daily Dose of Doom Thread
« Reply #750 on: January 20, 2023, 01:01:46 PM »
I’m not concerned.  I’m not dumb enough to live there

didn't know there were IQ limitations on where one lives??  assuming you live in wisconsin, you must pass the test then??  that would be some sort of discrimination however, but then again, you must be all for that. 

you only live with the "smart expert" type of people i assume-makes sense to me given your buddies here on scoop.  i'd try to be a little more careful on labeling the intellects of people based on where they live.  sounds like "bigotry" to me, but we will let the rest of the board "experts" determine that as they most times do
don't...don't don't don't don't

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #751 on: January 20, 2023, 01:05:53 PM »
  didn't know there were IQ limitations on where one lives??  assuming you live in wisconsin, you must pass the test then??  that would be some sort of discrimination however, but then again, you must be all for that. 

you only live with the "smart expert" type of people i assume-makes sense to me given your buddies here on scoop.  i'd try to be a little more careful on labeling the intellects of people based on where they live.  sounds like "bigotry" to me, but we will let the rest of the board "experts" determine that as they most times do

Reeko would rather live in St Louis or in Deathsantis' Florida.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #752 on: January 20, 2023, 01:09:09 PM »
Reeko would rather live in St Louis or in Deathsantis' Florida.

I’d live in Florida before either but I’m not sure Key West is really Florida
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #753 on: January 20, 2023, 01:13:58 PM »
Arizona has junior rights to basically everyone else on the Colorado river so they will be the first to be cut off when the supply dwindles. Phoenix has more people so will be in better shape than Arizona farmers but the situation being “optimal” is just salesmanship on the area itself. The same reason LA would be prioritized over Phoenix - more people. If the Central Arizona Project is restricted/cut off. That’s very bad news for the state.

yes Za-you are correct on a number of points you make here-however, the colorado river supplies only a portion of Az water.  the salt river project is it's primary source(srp)

The Granite Reef Underground Storage Project, a water bank located east of Phoenix. In addition, other aquifers underneath Phoenix are brimming with 90 million acre-feet of water, some natural and some pumped in — enough to last the city for years."Feb 7, 2019

and there is also this-

"Under the ADWR's assured water supply rules, groundwater is “physically available” for 100 years if it will be withdrawn from depths that do not exceed 1,000 feet below the land surface in the Phoenix and Tucson AMAs. The maximum is 1,100 feet in the Pinal AMA, or depth to bedrock, whichever is shallower."Oct 27, 2022

so regardless of how dumb or smart people are, the phoenix area is one of the nations fasting growing areas

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #754 on: January 20, 2023, 01:15:10 PM »
  yes Za-you are correct on a number of points you make here-however, the colorado river supplies only a portion of Az water.  the salt river project is it's primary source(srp)

The Granite Reef Underground Storage Project, a water bank located east of Phoenix. In addition, other aquifers underneath Phoenix are brimming with 90 million acre-feet of water, some natural and some pumped in — enough to last the city for years."Feb 7, 2019

and there is also this-

"Under the ADWR's assured water supply rules, groundwater is “physically available” for 100 years if it will be withdrawn from depths that do not exceed 1,000 feet below the land surface in the Phoenix and Tucson AMAs. The maximum is 1,100 feet in the Pinal AMA, or depth to bedrock, whichever is shallower."Oct 27, 2022

so regardless of how dumb or smart people are, the phoenix area is one of the nations fasting growing areas

Yeah, but it is still a dump

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #755 on: January 20, 2023, 01:17:49 PM »

Portland sounds about right for you.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #756 on: January 20, 2023, 01:18:02 PM »

better make sure you don't move into the "stupid" area of florida or key west-well i'm sure you know being the brilliant mind you are, where these areas are.  i don't know what you're afraid of however

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #757 on: January 20, 2023, 01:19:48 PM »

You must be a mermxn,  cuz algore told us that Florida will be underwater.

It was supposed to be underwater 3 years ago, but who's counting?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #758 on: January 20, 2023, 01:20:49 PM »

don't be so hasty-seattle has A LOT to offer people like hardy too-isn't like everything legal there?

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #759 on: January 20, 2023, 01:21:10 PM »
I live in Portland and can verify to you that it’s not a dump. You can come up with more clever insults than that.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #760 on: January 20, 2023, 01:22:09 PM »

and there is also this-

Sure, but any place is going to feel the strain of the potential loss of 1/3 of its water. It’s not the only source but significant structural changes will undoubtedly have to happen

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #761 on: January 20, 2023, 01:25:53 PM »
I live in Portland and can verify to you that it’s not a dump. You can come up with more clever insults than that.

Agree with your first sentence. Not sure about the second.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #762 on: January 20, 2023, 01:49:50 PM »

When the doors living in the southwest run out of water, I hope we build a wall to keep them from emigrating back to smart America

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #764 on: January 20, 2023, 02:20:07 PM »
ZaLin

My daughter lives in Portland and loves it. Beautiful part of the country.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #765 on: January 20, 2023, 02:49:51 PM »

Never been.  I'd probably like it though.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #766 on: January 20, 2023, 02:53:36 PM »
  don't be so hasty-seattle has A LOT to offer people like hardy too-isn't like everything legal there?

Sounds a lot like Freedomland.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #767 on: January 20, 2023, 03:30:15 PM »
Sounds a lot like Freedomland.

They’ll have water in Seattle in 20 years unless Yellowstone erupts

tower912

• All American
« Reply #768 on: January 20, 2023, 03:33:45 PM »
20 years, everybody is moving to Michigan.    If you're lucky.   A bunch of you, I strongly recommend the UP. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #769 on: January 20, 2023, 03:36:24 PM »
ChatGPT is incredible. 

I've done a bunch of them, and the results just blow my mind.

Example:  "Write a scene from Knight Rider where KITT uses his rockets to jump over a building"

Output:

Michael and KITT were speeding down the highway, hot on the tail of a group of criminals. The criminals had stolen a truck full of valuable technology, and Michael and KITT were determined to stop them.

"KITT, we need to catch up to that truck," said Michael. "Can you use your rocket boosters to jump over that building and cut them off?"

"Affirmative, Michael," said KITT. "Activating rocket boosters now."

KITT accelerated, shooting towards the building at top speed. As he reached the edge, he deployed his rocket boosters, launching himself into the air.

Michael watched in amazement as KITT soared over the building, landing smoothly on the other side. The criminals were caught off guard, and KITT quickly overtook them, bringing the truck to a stop.

"Nice work, KITT," said Michael, as he jumped out of the car and arrested the criminals. "You never cease to amaze me."

"It is my pleasure to serve, Michael," said KITT. "Together, we make a formidable team."

It's just incredible that .. It's one thing to be able to google a 40 year old TV show and know the characters .. it's another to write a script that's . .pretty damn close to what you'd see on TV.

It's astonishing stuff.  I doubt my kids will ever write an essay before asking the AI to do it for them.   :-\

I wonder what Scoop posts would look like?  They might make this place readable.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #770 on: January 20, 2023, 03:40:23 PM »
A lot of it feels AI.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #771 on: January 20, 2023, 03:48:47 PM »
When the doors living in the southwest run out of water, I hope we build a wall to keep them from emigrating back to smart America
Again, another musician I thought was dead was still alive? Jim Morrison ? What next Elvis?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #772 on: January 20, 2023, 04:25:01 PM »
Again, another musician I thought was dead was still alive? Jim Morrison ? What next Elvis?

The Doors of Perception are weirdly located in Tucumcari

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #773 on: January 20, 2023, 08:21:52 PM »
20 years, everybody is moving to Michigan.    If you're lucky.   A bunch of you, I strongly recommend the UP.

Good priced weed.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys

feedback