Incoming freshmen by MUbiz
[Today at 10:57:29 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread  (Read 108560 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread
« Reply #700 on: December 03, 2015, 08:26:06 PM »
New OC, new line coach, playing for jobs.  But the lions will still find a way to blow this.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #701 on: December 03, 2015, 08:33:22 PM »
New OC, new line coach, playing for jobs.  But the lions will still find a way to blow this.

There will be no blowing this one. And unlike last time when you tried everything you could to give the Packers the win, the Packers will not be refusing to take this one. They'll just be straight up blown out of this one.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #702 on: December 03, 2015, 08:36:21 PM »
JC Tretter, Lane Taylor, and Don Barclay. Holy smokes. Can we just put Tolzien in and save Rodgers's career tonight, please?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #703 on: December 03, 2015, 09:38:00 PM »
Here come the Packers. Or, Here go the Lions.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #704 on: December 03, 2015, 10:40:27 PM »
Wow

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #705 on: December 03, 2015, 10:44:00 PM »
Unbelievable

Saved the season

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #706 on: December 03, 2015, 10:48:28 PM »

Bad bad bad time for a penalty.  (from a guy used to watching the Browns snatch defeat from the jaws of victory....like on Mon night)

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #707 on: December 03, 2015, 10:52:22 PM »
That game had a ton of twists and turns, probably best Thursday night game I can recall.

Kudos to the Pack for getting up off the mat early and saving their season, pretty eff'ing clutch, ton of credit for not quitting tonight.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #708 on: December 03, 2015, 10:52:35 PM »
Just the way we drew it up

🏀

• All American
« Reply #709 on: December 03, 2015, 11:01:31 PM »
Unb.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #710 on: December 04, 2015, 05:51:54 AM »
talk about heart attack pack.  just think if they would have pulled off the win in carolina, against chicago(as they were outplayed in both) and add it to this one??  have to admit they caught a break on the facemask call, but them is the breaks heyna?  hard to say if this gives them a jolt because they can't win the rest of their games like that.  offensive line is even more beat up and their receivers still can't get open.  here's hoping rodgers is able to escape with his life, BUT

GO PACK GO !!!!!!
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #711 on: December 04, 2015, 06:36:44 AM »
Bump.  The question is never if, the question is how.  And they never fail to innovate.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #712 on: December 04, 2015, 06:44:27 AM »
Bump.  The question is never if, the question is how.  And they never fail to innovate.

didn't see the time you entered this at first-good call!  if i would have known this, i would have watched the whole game, but my heart couldn't take anymore.  a guy has only so many tv's to throw out the back door
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #713 on: December 04, 2015, 06:57:30 AM »
Detroit was the better team for 60 minutes.   Being the Lions, they found a way to make the game 60 minutes and 10 seconds.    They are a cross between the Washington Generals and Wile E Coyote and Charlie Brown trying to kick the football Lucy is holding.    You know they are going to lose, the question is how the anvil is going to smack them and leave them on the canyon floor.   I was watching the game at the fire station and I just started belly laughing after the Hail Mary.   They had found a way.   And we had started trying to figure out how they were going to do it at halftime.    It is almost a parlor game.   How are they going to blow it today?    Will an official ignore a batting the ball out of the end zone rule?    Will Aaron Rogers extend the game by selling a facemask call?    Who knows?    But it will be creative. 

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #714 on: December 04, 2015, 07:05:21 AM »
That may be the easiest hail mary ever.  Yea the face mask penalty was borderline, and the officials missed a hold, but bad officiating is the new standard. 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

tower912

• All American
« Reply #715 on: December 04, 2015, 07:12:31 AM »
He was open.  As the ball started down, there wasn't a defender within ten feet.   And he wasn't the only receiver open.   All of defenders had drifted too deep into the end zone.   Worse than when they showed all of the defenders with their back to the play on Rogers scramble.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #716 on: December 04, 2015, 07:37:34 AM »
Saw an article today that Caldwell wasn't expecting a hail mary, and they had drawn up a defense to combat a lateral style play.  But thankfully they had the sidelines covered...

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

tower912

• All American
« Reply #717 on: December 04, 2015, 07:49:19 AM »
At the end of the day, same old Lions. 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #718 on: December 04, 2015, 08:06:03 AM »
He was open.  As the ball started down, there wasn't a defender within ten feet.   And he wasn't the only receiver open.   All of defenders had drifted too deep into the end zone.   Worse than when they showed all of the defenders with their back to the play on Rogers scramble.

It was horrid coverage.  Biggest guy on the field catching what amounted to a thrown punt with absolutely nobody marking up on him.  Richard Rodgers is known for his hands.  And to rush 3? The Pack had just run multiple vertical routes.  Once Aaron broke contain and could launch into the throw there was a real chance.

But as Packers fans let's not go overboard.  Our offensive  has been playing terrible football for 2 months.  Last night should have been a season dagger.  Miraculously, it wasn't.  But they need to find themselves in the next 10 days.  We need to probably go 2-2 to make the playoffs.  3-1 with a win over the 'Queens will almost certainly win the division.  But this is a team that had legitimate Super Bowl aspirations at the beginning.  Still a very long hill to climb.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #719 on: December 04, 2015, 08:22:49 AM »
Detroit was the better team for 60 minutes.   

I would say the Packers were the better team the last 20 minutes or so of that game.  The Packer defense kept them in that game by only holding them to two FGs after the first quarter. 

But I'm with glow.  This team still isn't really good...at least playoff good.  It will be nice to rest ten days, but the receivers still suck, Lacy is still fat and the OL is a bit of a sieve.  And the final four isn't easy with road trips to Oakland and Arizona and a home game v. the Vikings.  They will make the playoffs, but my guess is as a WC.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #720 on: December 04, 2015, 08:25:39 AM »
Saw an article today that Caldwell wasn't expecting a hail mary, and they had drawn up a defense to combat a lateral style play.  But thankfully they had the sidelines covered...

I can understand that strategy in theory, but the real issue was that there was no secondary read for the sideline defenders. IOW, once they read that it's going to be a Hail Mary, they either need to rush the QB or drop back to the goal line. Instead, the Lions basically played with 9 defenders on the most important play of the game.

This game could either be a springboard for an underachieving team or it'll be a flukish win against a bad team.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #721 on: December 04, 2015, 08:28:36 AM »
I don't think that facemask penalty was borderline at all. The defensive player had his hand there and gave it enough of a tug to make it pretty obvious, especially to a ref standing about 10 feet away. It was an easy, obvious call.

FWIW, I am agnostic on both the Packers and Lions. Couldn't care if either of them ever wins or loses a game (unless they are playing my Panthers).
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #722 on: December 04, 2015, 08:31:14 AM »
I don't think that facemask penalty was borderline at all. The defensive player had his hand there and gave it enough of a tug to make it pretty obvious, especially to a ref standing about 10 feet away. It was an easy, obvious call.

Lol.

Agree to disagree.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #723 on: December 04, 2015, 08:49:51 AM »

Correct. Had it been called in the second quarter, nobody would even remember it. Only reason its getting attention is because of the circumstances - obviously. QBs are protected to a fault, but that same call absolutely would have been made in the second quarter. Head turned on the play. Gonna draw a flag every time. You can argue whether or not it should be, but it's going to be.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #724 on: December 04, 2015, 09:00:48 AM »
Correct. Had it been called in the second quarter, nobody would even remember it. Only reason its getting attention is because of the circumstances - obviously. QBs are protected to a fault, but that same call absolutely would have been made in the second quarter. Head turned on the play. Gonna draw a flag every time. You can argue whether or not it should be, but it's going to be.

Personally, I don't think it should have been called...because I wanted the Packers to lose.