collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread  (Read 108535 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread
« Reply #350 on: October 13, 2015, 12:58:56 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

He has beat Oakland and Kansas City.  Those 2 teams are a combined 3-7.

Jay has 6 TDs and 5 turnovers in 4 games this season, with a QB rating of 85.4.  The guy is really sticking it to all his haters!

He's lead 2 game winning drives in the last 2 weeks playing behind an offensive line featuring a rookie center and injuries all over and has been throwing to a WR core missing their top 3 WRs.  And he's not healthy on top of it.  And an abysmal defense which doesn't give the offense a lot of leeway.  But hey, that response time with corresponding emojis was impressive.  You never fail to appear when the Cutler bat signal goes up.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #351 on: October 13, 2015, 01:14:39 PM »
He's lead 2 game winning drives in the last 2 weeks playing behind an offensive line featuring a rookie center and injuries all over and has been throwing to a WR core missing their top 3 WRs.  And he's not healthy on top of it.  And an abysmal defense which doesn't give the offense a lot of leeway.  But hey, that response time with corresponding emojis was impressive.  You never fail to appear when the Cutler bat signal goes up.

yeppers.

And yes, the Raiders and Chiefs suck.  But you can only play the teams on your schedule. 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #352 on: October 13, 2015, 01:22:03 PM »

Lol. Let me know when Jay Cutler gets his second career Playoff win.

The Bears wouldn't have been in position to need a game winning drive if he didn't forget he was standing in the end zone and could've thrown the ball away when he was strip sacked for a defensive touchdown. But hey, Jay won the game for them against a 1-4 team baby!

I love seeing Bears fans defend him. Jay Cutler is one of the best things about the North Division for Packer fans.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #353 on: October 13, 2015, 01:23:48 PM »

yeppers.

And yes, the Raiders and Chiefs suck.  But you can only play the teams on your schedule.

Yeppers  ;D

But I would go around parading the fact that Jay Cutler is "sticking his middle finger up" to his haters. But that's hilarious that Bears fans actually think that. Go look at his stats and let me know how high that middle finger is flying.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #354 on: October 13, 2015, 01:40:14 PM »
Full disclosure I half wrote that comment to see if Wade was the first to respond. I wasn't disappointed.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 01:49:43 PM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #355 on: October 13, 2015, 01:41:04 PM »
Lol. Let me know when Jay Cutler gets his second career Playoff win.

The Bears wouldn't have been in position to need a game winning drive if he didn't forget he was standing in the end zone and could've thrown the ball away when he was strip sacked for a defensive touchdown. But hey, Jay won the game for them against a 1-4 team baby!

I love seeing Bears fans defend him. Jay Cutler is one of the best things about the North Division for Packer fans.

I love that Cutler and Chicago sports own so much space in your brain.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #356 on: October 13, 2015, 01:43:01 PM »
Full disclosure I half worth that comment to see if Wade was the first to respond. I want disappointed.

Using Cutler as bait in this thread hoping Wades will bite is about as sporting as fishing in the lobster tank at the grocery store.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #357 on: October 13, 2015, 01:44:46 PM »
I love that Cutler and Chicago sports own so much space in your brain.

Own so much space in my brain?

Might want to study up on how the human brain works...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #358 on: October 13, 2015, 01:45:04 PM »
Full disclosure I half worth that comment to see if Wade was the first to respond. I want disappointed.

Huh?  Is this in English?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #359 on: October 13, 2015, 01:50:39 PM »
Huh?  Is this in English?

Autocorrect. Fixed for your convenience.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #360 on: October 13, 2015, 01:52:41 PM »
Autocorrect. Fixed for your convenience.

Thank you.  I can actually read it now.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #361 on: October 13, 2015, 01:54:02 PM »

You have the best player in football and an undefeated team who is one of the top 2 teams in the league and yet you spend more inches making fun of Bears fans who are happy to see their QB help them to wins in a dumpster fire of a season in which they were leading the Vegas odds for the #1 pick 3 weeks ago.  Its almost as trite as you bashing those same fans when they tell you to get a grip.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #362 on: October 13, 2015, 01:59:10 PM »
You have the best player in football and an undefeated team who is one of the top 2 teams in the league and yet you spend more inches making fun of Bears fans who are happy to see their QB help them to wins in a dumpster fire of a season in which they were leading the Vegas odds for the #1 pick 3 weeks ago.  Its almost as trite as you bashing those same fans when they tell you to get a grip.

What do you want me to say about Rodgers that hasn't been said?

If somebody came on here and said, "Aaron Rodgers isn't the best quarterback in the NFL" I'd spend "more space in my brain" on Aaron Rodgers.  But people don't say that like they defend a very poor quarterback in Jay Cutler.

If you want me to spend more space in my brain on the best quarterback in the NFL and my 5-0 team I'll be happy to provide some videos of what a real quarterback looks like later on this evening.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #363 on: October 13, 2015, 02:00:16 PM »

He has beat Oakland and Kansas City.  Those 2 teams are a combined 3-7.

The Packers' 5 wins are against teams with a combined 8-17 record. Not exactly a who's who of NFL elite.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #364 on: October 13, 2015, 02:02:17 PM »
The Packers' 5 wins are against teams with a combined 8-17 record. Not exactly a who's who of NFL elite.

...yet the Packers fans aren't coming on here claiming their QB is "sticking up his middle finger to his haters," parading his 6 touchdowns and 5 turnovers (of which at least 2 were defensive touchdowns) this season.  That's the difference.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #365 on: October 13, 2015, 02:05:40 PM »
...yet the Packers fans aren't coming on here claiming their QB is "sticking up his middle finger to his haters," parading his 6 touchdowns and 5 turnovers (of which at least 2 were defensive touchdowns) this season.  That's the difference.

It was more aimed towards meathead bears fans that still claim Clausen is the better option. Which we obviously know is not the case.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #366 on: October 13, 2015, 02:06:49 PM »

It's all relative. The Packers are one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl and have the best QB on the planet. The Bears were one of the "favorites" to be the worst team in football with a QB that people can't wait to get rid of. I don't understand why it bothers you so much that Bears fans show some level of excitement about having a team that shows some fight and QB that's making plays in the clutch. No one's comparing Cutler to Rodgers or claiming that the Bears are a legit playoff contender.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #367 on: October 13, 2015, 02:11:30 PM »

Probably because Rodgers doesn't have many, if any, haters. And he shouldn't. Best player in the league.

Who paraded those stats? I saw zero people. Did I miss a post?

Bears are likely overachieving right now, with Cutler to thank for consecutive fourth quarter comebacks. And Bears' fans come on the NFL thread to talk about it. You don't like that, why?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:15:11 PM by jesmu84 »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #368 on: October 13, 2015, 02:12:36 PM »

Colloquial language.

Trust me, I know full well how the human brain works.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #369 on: October 13, 2015, 02:30:15 PM »
It's all relative. The Packers are one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl and have the best QB on the planet. The Bears were one of the "favorites" to be the worst team in football with a QB that people can't wait to get rid of. I don't understand why it bothers you so much that Bears fans show some level of excitement about having a team that shows some fight and QB that's making plays in the clutch. No one's comparing Cutler to Rodgers or claiming that the Bears are a legit playoff contender.

Probably because Rodgers doesn't have many, if any, haters. And he shouldn't. Best player in the league.

Who paraded those stats? I saw zero people. Did I miss a post?

Bears are likely overachieving right now, with Cutler to thank for consecutive fourth quarter comebacks. And Bears' fans come on the NFL thread to talk about it. You don't like that, why?

I didn't respond a single time about the Bears consecutive comeback wins thanks to Jay until...

It almost sucks a little. We all know the Bears ain't going to the playoffs, I would love the draft pick but I also love Cutler sticking his middle finger to all the haters.

So, I guess maybe that's the post you missed.  If Jay is "sticking his middle finger to the haters," he isn't doing a very good job of it.

By all means, get excited that Jay led you to back to back 4th quarter comebacks.  That's awesome.  But "baiting Wades" or not, don't be surprised when you're called out for a stupid statement like "Cutler is sticking his middle finger to all the haters."  Because, well, he's not.  He's further proving them correct.  Good enough to win a few games, bad enough to never really win anything meaningful.  The perfect spot for a division opponent.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #370 on: October 13, 2015, 02:38:11 PM »
I didn't respond a single time about the Bears consecutive comeback wins thanks to Jay until...

So, I guess maybe that's the post you missed.  If Jay is "sticking his middle finger to the haters," he isn't doing a very good job of it.

By all means, get excited that Jay led you to back to back 4th quarter comebacks.  That's awesome.  But "baiting Wades" or not, don't be surprised when you're called out for a stupid statement like "Cutler is sticking his middle finger to all the haters."  Because, well, he's not.  He's further proving them correct.  Good enough to win a few games, bad enough to never really win anything meaningful.  The perfect spot for a division opponent.

How has leading 4th quarter comebacks in consecutive weeks proven that he's "good enough to win a few games, bad enough to never really win anything meaningful?"

I'm not saying that isn't true. I'm just wondering how you came to that conclusion based on the last two games, like you stated.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #371 on: October 13, 2015, 02:52:51 PM »
How has leading 4th quarter comebacks in consecutive weeks proven that he's "good enough to win a few games, bad enough to never really win anything meaningful?"

I'm not saying that isn't true. I'm just wondering how you came to that conclusion based on the last two games, like you stated.

Because if you watch the game you see both the good and the bad he brings.  The good is he has the physical tools to make all the throws you need to make to be a good quarterback in the league.  The bad is you lack the awareness to realize that you absolutely need to throw the ball away when the pressure is getting to you and you're in your own end zone.  Sack?  It's a safety.  Strip sack?  It's a defensive touchdown.  You put 7 on the board for your opponent against a bad offensive team.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #372 on: October 13, 2015, 02:54:11 PM »

I don't even know if Rodgers could lead this team to the playoffs. The defense is god awful and you have no offensive weapons besides Forte when Alshon isn't in the lineup. Rodgers could probably get the team to .500 but that's about all.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #373 on: October 13, 2015, 03:09:08 PM »
I don't even know if Rodgers could lead this team to the playoffs. The defense is god awful and you have no offensive weapons besides Forte when Alshon isn't in the lineup. Rodgers could probably get the team to .500 but that's about all.

All the Bears fans keep saying, "You can't compare Rodgers to Cutler."  Nobody brought up Rodgers...until a Bears fan did.

You made a comment that Jay was "sticking his middle finger up to the haters."  Whether you were 100% serious, 100% "baiting Wades", or 50/50, it's wrong.  I'll call it out when it's wrong.  Statistically, Jay's having the 2nd worst season of his career.  That simply isn't "sticking his middle finger up to his haters."  I'm not talking about the Packers or their opponents' records.  I'm not talking Aaron Rodgers (even if I wanted to, I'm not allowed to, according to Bears fans).  I'm responding to a statement made by a Bears fan about Jay Cutler, by talking about Jay Cutler.

6 touchdowns.  5 turnovers.  If that is "sticking his middle finger up to his haters" then that seriously tells you something about how bad he is.

If people want to make insane statements to get a rise out of me ("Jay Cutler is the MVP baby!") by all means, feel free.  Rest assured, you will get a rise.  Whether that makes me "Scoop's Skip Bayless" to Sultan's Stephen A, so be it.  When I disagree with something someone says, I'll let them know.

If people don't want Cutler brought up in an MLB thread, simple, don't bring him up.  If you do, don't get all upset that I responded about Jay Cutler in an MLB thread.  If people don't want Cutler compared to Rodgers, simple, don't compare Cutler to Rodgers.  If people do, don't get upset if I compare Cutler to Rodgers.  If people want a rise out of me, simple, seek it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 03:11:07 PM by wadesworld »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #374 on: October 13, 2015, 03:29:59 PM »
All the Bears fans keep saying, "You can't compare Rodgers to Cutler."  Nobody brought up Rodgers...until a Bears fan did.

You made a comment that Jay was "sticking his middle finger up to the haters."  Whether you were 100% serious, 100% "baiting Wades", or 50/50, it's wrong.  I'll call it out when it's wrong.  Statistically, Jay's having the 2nd worst season of his career.  That simply isn't "sticking his middle finger up to his haters."  I'm not talking about the Packers or their opponents' records.  I'm not talking Aaron Rodgers (even if I wanted to, I'm not allowed to, according to Bears fans).  I'm responding to a statement made by a Bears fan about Jay Cutler, by talking about Jay Cutler.

6 touchdowns.  5 turnovers.  If that is "sticking his middle finger up to his haters" then that seriously tells you something about how bad he is.

But you took that as haters including you, even after it was clarified that it was the meathead Chicago media that lazily scapegoat individual players for a team devoid of talent.  Or people that claim he has no heart.  It wasn't a statistical argument.

This is a BAD team.  With an oft-maligned QB.  Cutler has been widely thought of as "weak" or a "quitter".  He and this team gutted out a pair of wins against teams that weren't great, no, but the Bears aren't either.  Nobody is using it as evidence of anything but pride in a team and QB for not quitting.  They could very well be 3-3 after a very winnable game next week.  That doesn't happen with Clausen.  Cutler isn't putting up HOF numbers or even great numbers for him (and nobody is saying he is), but he's gotten in done in a few key moments that lead to Ws. 

Its not ridiculous for Bears fans to be happy about that without you swooping in to crap on it with stats and mockery.  Basically you're saying he has to be perfect to be happy with his performance.  Most QBs make mistakes in the game, not all get chances to rectify them and then come through.

feedback