collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread  (Read 108531 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread
« Reply #275 on: September 29, 2015, 01:22:32 PM »

Wasn't Allen playing a rush end in a 4-3 last year?  That was the same position he was playing in MN.  He was asked to play a different role *this* year in the 3-4.  The Bears made the gamble that Allen was better than Peppers, and based on their 2013-14 season, that was considered a good bet at the time.

Peppers succeeded in making that switch because he isn't *the* man rushing the passer - Matthews is.  And because he is a ridiculous athlete.  Allen isn't really the same type.

I think you're right.  And that fits with your system continuity comment in the other thread.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #276 on: September 29, 2015, 02:53:00 PM »
Allegedly, cowboys wanted forte before opening weekend. Pace said yes, fox said no.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #277 on: September 29, 2015, 03:33:59 PM »
Allegedly, cowboys wanted forte before opening weekend. Pace said yes, fox said no.

Uh....that's why you let the GM make these choices.  Fox is looking at the season if not the game.  Pace is looking on how to best build the team.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #278 on: September 29, 2015, 03:38:28 PM »

According to...?

In exchange for...?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 03:41:09 PM by MerrittsMustache »

jesmu84

• All American

MU82

• All American
« Reply #280 on: September 29, 2015, 04:10:42 PM »
The Bears paid Allen's $11.5 million roster bonus this year and his base salary entering the 2015 season was only $1 million, so the Panthers are on the hook for roughly $882,000 the rest of the season.

This is correct -- it is almost no risk for the Panthers. As a Panthers fan who is thrilled the team is 3-0 despite getting almost no pass rush so far, I am very happy to add a guy I've always enjoyed watching. I'm hoping Allen has 4 good months left in him but really, anything the Panthers get out of him will be a bonus.

Thanks, Bears!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #281 on: September 29, 2015, 05:55:09 PM »
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2015/09/report_broncos_safety_knew_lio.html#incart_most-read_

Lions OC so bad players from the other teams are telling the Lions players they knew what was coming.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #282 on: September 29, 2015, 07:32:55 PM »
As a pure football fan, I wish we could forward to February and have Packers/Patriots right now. I know there's other 3-0 teams, but those are the two best teams in football, and would love to see that game and everyone as healthy as possible. It won't happen, but it'd be incredible if both teams went 16-0 reg season, and met in the title game.

Rodgers is Jordan right now, he's the best QB I've ever seen. As great as he's been, this is his absolute prime right now. As poor as QB play is in the league, it makes you appreciate Rodgers that much more.

I think the Lions have just lacked authority more than anything. They've had superstar talent (Suh, Megatron), I like Stafford, he has a hell of an arm, but over all, they just seem to be missing "it" as an organization.

Last thing I think, I think Bears/Saints end up fighting for worst record.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #283 on: September 29, 2015, 09:59:08 PM »
Niners could contend for worst record with Tomsula, but he may be fired after A-Aron hangs 50 on them this week.

jesmu84

• All American

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #285 on: September 30, 2015, 12:22:13 AM »
As a pure football fan, I wish we could forward to February and have Packers/Patriots right now. I know there's other 3-0 teams, but those are the two best teams in football, and would love to see that game and everyone as healthy as possible. It won't happen, but it'd be incredible if both teams went 16-0 reg season, and met in the title game.

Rodgers is Jordan right now, he's the best QB I've ever seen. As great as he's been, this is his absolute prime right now. As poor as QB play is in the league, it makes you appreciate Rodgers that much more.

I think the Lions have just lacked authority more than anything. They've had superstar talent (Suh, Megatron), I like Stafford, he has a hell of an arm, but over all, they just seem to be missing "it" as an organization.

Last thing I think, I think Bears/Saints end up fighting for worst record.

Maybe, but it is way too early in my opinion.

We'll see in another 10 weeks.  Injuries have played major havoc so far this year early. 

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #286 on: September 30, 2015, 07:41:00 AM »
Maybe, but it is way too early in my opinion.

We'll see in another 10 weeks.  Injuries have played major havoc so far this year early.

Injuries are indeed the great equalizer in the NFL. I have to admit, I did take a look ahead at the Packers schedule as 16-0 has now entered my mind. Won't happen, but it is feasible. Most important thing is really to be the best team when the playoffs begin. Have to survive the war of attrition between now and then.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #287 on: September 30, 2015, 09:14:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/648983348329644032

Thoughts on possible places for Forte to land?  I think his cap hit restricts teams that could make a play for him.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #288 on: September 30, 2015, 09:21:23 AM »

Thoughts on possible places for Forte to land?  I think his cap hit restricts teams that could make a play for him.

After this weekend, his cap hit would be just over $5M.  According to this, there are 20 teams with enough cap room to take him.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

I think Atlanta might be interested.  A dependable, proven back is better than the two alternatives they have playing there right now.

brandx

« Reply #289 on: September 30, 2015, 11:08:32 AM »

After this weekend, his cap hit would be just over $5M.  According to this, there are 20 teams with enough cap room to take him.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

I think Atlanta might be interested.  A dependable, proven back is better than the two alternatives they have playing there right now.

Can't understand why Atlanta would be interested. Freeman had a great game against Dallas and is a very good receiver out of the backfield. Coleman was an early round pick this year.

If Atlanta wants to make a trade, they have a lot bigger need than RB.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #290 on: October 04, 2015, 06:30:04 PM »
They look good, but they have also played the Saints, Bears, and 49ers so far, with 2 of them at home.  Those might be 3 of the 4 worst teams in the NFC this year.

I also don't see Larry Fitgerald keeping pace for 1,776 yards and 27 touchdowns this season.

Yup.

Also...

It's okay, maybe someday your young QB will learn that when the opponent is dialing up the blitz he has to get the ball out quickly.  And that inside a minute the absolute last thing you can do is take a sack.  Took 1 sack, almost took a 2nd sack, and then got strip sacked to end the game.

Everyone in the NFC North is chasing the Packers by at least 2 games just 4 weeks into the season.  Yikes.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 07:38:21 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #291 on: October 04, 2015, 07:41:20 PM »
Evidently Clay Matthews can't stand Colin Kaepernick (can't blame him).  He also took that huge late hit on him in the Playoffs a few years ago.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000549666/Matthews-sacks-Kaepernick-mocks-bicep-kiss

http://thebiglead.com/2015/10/04/colin-kaepernick-russell-wilson-green-bay-packers/

He could do better than Russell Wilson, though.  Daniels's "That's right!" is pretty funny after it too.

And normally I'm not a fan of players mocking other players' celebrations, but when it's this celebration and this player, I'm not mad about it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 07:43:17 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #292 on: October 04, 2015, 07:45:09 PM »
It's okay, maybe someday your young QB will learn that when the opponent is dialing up the blitz he has to get the ball out quickly.  And that inside a minute the absolute last thing you can do is take a sack.  Took 1 sack, almost took a 2nd sack, and then got strip sacked to end the game.

Everyone in the NFC North is chasing the Packers by at least 2 games just 4 weeks into the season.  Yikes.

This season was never about winning the division.  Everyone knows the Packers were going to accomplish that.  This season really has only one acceptable outcome.

The Vikings's rebuilding plan is going quite nicely.  They have an outside shot at a Wild Card, but even Jay Bee knows they weren't competing for the division this year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #293 on: October 04, 2015, 09:07:12 PM »

This season was never about winning the division.  Everyone knows the Packers were going to accomplish that.  This season really has only one acceptable outcome.

The Vikings's rebuilding plan is going quite nicely.  They have an outside shot at a Wild Card, but even Jay Bee knows they weren't competing for the division this year.

I don't disagree with any of that.  I just think it'll be quite a feat if the Packers go from week 1 through week 17 without ever having anybody even tied for first in the Division with them.  That is something you very rarely see.

As far as the Vikings, they'll be good as long as Peterson stays away from beating children.  I'm not sold on Teddy at all.  He'll be okay, certainly better than Christian Ponder, but I don't think he'll ever be better than even Jay Cutler.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #294 on: October 05, 2015, 08:36:18 AM »
And normally I'm not a fan of players mocking other players' celebrations, but when it's this celebration and this player, I'm not mad about it.

Any player who has a "signature celebration," including your boy Clay Matthews, deserves to be mocked relentlessly.

How about those Bears?  ;D

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #295 on: October 05, 2015, 08:59:18 AM »
Any player who has a "signature celebration," including your boy Clay Matthews, deserves to be mocked relentlessly.

Ehh, I don't usually hate them (don't love them either), but kissing your own bicep?  Pretty lame.

But yeah I'm all for the Bears getting a few wins.  The more wins for the Bears the better, in my opinion.

Now let's hope the Lions can get the Seahawks tonight!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #296 on: October 05, 2015, 09:57:56 PM »
The more I see the lions, the more I'm convinced that the only difference between stafford and cutler is Calvin Johnson. And people/the media's dislike of cutler's seeming careless attitude.

brandx

« Reply #297 on: October 05, 2015, 10:23:39 PM »
Suicide watch for Tower, tonite?

It really is a stunning stat that Stafford has never beaten a team on the road that finished over .500.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #298 on: October 05, 2015, 10:24:26 PM »
Is it legal to bat the ball out of the endzone?

Edit: Wow. Yes it was. Should have been Lion's ball
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 10:35:15 PM by jesmu84 »

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #299 on: October 05, 2015, 10:38:59 PM »

If you were in a PED Pool (Dead Pool but for those who will test positive) isn't Clay your first pick?

The rest of my team: Gronkowski, Peyton Manning, Seattle, Darrelle Revis, AP (after ACL, maybe not this year).  Second team: Drew Brees, Sean Lee, i'm sure i'll have 5 more after looking at this weeks fantasy roster...

feedback