[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WhiteTrash
[Today at 04:47:36 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread  (Read 107307 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: 2015-16 NFC North/NFL thread
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2015, 02:20:01 PM »
Jordy done for the year.

This is why you cannot choke away championships.

Really glad I grabbed Adams late in my fantasy draft last night

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2015, 02:30:05 PM »
Really glad I grabbed Adams late in my fantasy draft last night
Damn, time for Adams to shine and hopefully Montgomery can handle being #3. Glad the Pack has taken receivers early the last couple of years.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2015, 11:17:12 PM »
That absolutely sucks about Jordy Nelson. Bums me out...talented, works hard, might be smartest WR in NFL, legit top 10 wideout.

To me, he was the glue guy in that offense, really hate seeing that. Hope he has a healthy recovery.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2015, 12:12:22 AM »
That absolutely sucks about Jordy Nelson. Bums me out...talented, works hard, might be smartest WR in NFL, legit top 10 wideout.

+1

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2015, 04:56:38 PM »
Is this Guillon 3 game suspension for his off season incident where marijuana and a gun were found in his car or is it a separate incident?  Hopefully for him and the Packers it's the same incident, but it sounds like a separate incident, which would not be good.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2015, 05:00:45 PM »
Its the whole thing.  This is the only incident.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2015, 05:55:20 PM »
Its the whole thing.  This is the only incident.

Got it, thanks.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2015, 09:28:59 AM »
And Gooddell continues to make a fool of himself, but as long as the NFL continues to make an absurd amount of money he'll continue to collect his $44M/year.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2015, 09:35:05 AM »
The owners have to start asking themselves if it is really Goodell that is causing them to make the absurd amount of money, or is it the product itself.  Because his actions have been completely incompetent over the past year and a half.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2015, 09:53:43 AM »
The owners have to start asking themselves if it is really Goodell that is causing them to make the absurd amount of money, or is it the product itself.  Because his actions have been completely incompetent over the past year and a half.

Agreed.  On the surface I would say that the NFL is going to sell itself.  But I really don't know what goes on behind the scenes, so I'm not sure how much Gooddell is to thank for it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2015, 09:57:14 AM »
This was always out of proportion.   Under-inflated footballs = domestic violence?     Ye, gods.    If they had thrown a $50k fine at this, that would have been proportional and it would have been over.    Now, the commissioner has egg all over his face again for another mishandled situation. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brandx

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2015, 10:33:40 AM »

The NFL would make big $$$$ if you or I were commish. Right now, it is a money tree.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2015, 03:21:41 PM »
This was always out of proportion.   Under-inflated footballs = domestic violence?     Ye, gods.    If they had thrown a $50k fine at this, that would have been proportional and it would have been over.    Now, the commissioner has egg all over his face again for another mishandled situation.

I agree with you but I can see how someone can really be against tampering with the game. Cork the bat... you are a cheater for life. Tighten a rim on a bball court cause your team can't shoot, you would have to forfeit those games. Lance's reputation went down cause he took drugs and blood transfusions. I would argue "you still have to hit the ball," "both teams still had to play with the same rims," and "everyone cheats and he just was that good." It's a fine line between finding an edge and flat-out cheating.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2015, 06:30:35 PM »
Is it cheating when a baseball team with a staff of sinkerball pitchers lets the infield grass get a little longer and waters it for an extra 10 minutes?      As a Tiger fan, I will forever be convinced the Twins messed with the HVAC during the 87 playoffs.     So?     Not all of the footballs were underinflated and those that were were close enough that it could have been an honest mistake or the conditions.    I believe, with every fiber of my being, that Brady had let the guys know he likes his footballs a little softer.    Proving he told them to break the rules....meh. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2015, 09:15:02 AM »
This was always out of proportion.   Under-inflated footballs = domestic violence?     Ye, gods.   

Attempting to equate on field and off-field violations is apples to oranges.  You could make a strong argument that anything that taints the integrity of the game is worse for the NFL than crimes committed by players off the field.  If fans think the sport is not on the level that is a bigger problem for the league than anything else.  So I can see where on field cheating could be treated more harshly than criminal behavior off the field, particularly when you consider that the legal system should be punishing violators for off field behavior.

That being said, a quarter of the season because the footballs in a 49-7 (or whatever the score was) game were under-inflated?  That's way over the top.  Fine them, put in more strict rules for how footballs will be handled and monitored moving forward with specific penalties for violations and be done with it.  This is not rocket science.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2015, 04:05:49 PM »
James Jones coming back to the green and gold. Him and Jennings helped to teach Cobb and Nelson a nice lesson. Chase an extra $1-2M/year for 4 years and go job hopping shortly after it "settle" for $9-10M and continue to look great courtesy of the best player in the NFL and then get another 4 years of big time contract.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2015, 04:38:05 PM »

Have they?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2015, 06:50:33 PM »
LOl.

SKOL VIKINGS, GO TWINS!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2015, 06:13:46 PM »
LOl.

SKOL VIKINGS, GO TWINS!

Until their quarterback contributes more touchdowns to his team than he does turnovers, I'm not too worried about the Vikings.  The value of a quarterback in the NFL gets completely overlooked.  Sure, the Vikings seem like a great sleeper pick just like the Chiefs in the AFC.  And sure, Bridgewater is a huge upgrade over anyone since Brett Favre donned the purple and yellow (hah), and sure Alex Smith has turned his career around, but they are nowhere near good enough to lead a team deep in the Playoffs.  Playoff appearance?  Sure.  Super Bowl?  Nah.

I will say this, the Bears and Lions could learn a thing or two from the Vikings on how to build their organization.  Just go after washed up Packers who Ted has an interest in overpaying for and hope they've got enough in the tank to carry you to a 2nd place finish in the Division and a  Playoff appearance.  Smart strategy.

I'm fine with the Twinkies.  Was too young to have witnessed the Brewers vs. Twins "rivalry" and they've been a pretty well run organization for some time now.  Plus they gave the Brewers Carlos Gomez for JJ Hardy.  Nice.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 06:18:16 PM by wadesworld »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2015, 09:40:00 PM »
The value of a quarterback in the NFL gets completely overlooked. 

Duh hell are you talkin about?!?!?!

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2015, 09:47:25 PM »
If I were a Viking fan, I would be cautiously excited about Bridgewater.  With all the quarterback crap out there, I think he shows the potential to take that next step.  We will have to see what this year brings.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2015, 10:22:04 PM »
If I were a Viking fan, I would be cautiously excited about Bridgewater.  With all the quarterback crap out there, I think he shows the potential to take that next step.  We will have to see what this year brings.

I think he could be fine, but I think he's a couple years away from being considered a good NFL QB. Right now I think he's just a guy who's capable of NOT losing games for his team, which is a good starting point for a young quarterback.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2015, 11:29:35 PM »
The owners mostly love Roger.  What they are going to do is take the pressure off of him around discipline.  In essence, restructure the role so he doesn't have to deal with it as much.  For the most part, they don't want Roger gone, but they do want to reorganize the discipline away from that position.

At least that is what we are being told.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2015, 12:16:16 AM »
The owners mostly love Roger.  What they are going to do is take the pressure off of him around discipline.  In essence, restructure the role so he doesn't have to deal with it as much.  For the most part, they don't want Roger gone, but they do want to reorganize the discipline away from that position.

At least that is what we are being told.

That's cause he's a commissioner of the owners, not the players. The rich get richer.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2015, 12:21:49 AM »
That's cause he's a commissioner of the owners, not the players. The rich get richer.

He works for the owners, that is correct.  The players have become richer during his tenure, too.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 12:24:34 AM by ChicosBailBonds »