collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Dos and donts around Vegas  (Read 56407 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Dos and donts around Vegas
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2016, 02:30:41 PM »
if you want an excuse to go downtown-vic & anthony's in the golden nugget is fantastic and a real throwback to the "ole steak house".  i think there are only 3 or 4 in existence.  a nice change of pace from the strip and cheaper gambing
don't...don't don't don't don't

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2016, 04:35:51 PM »
if you want an excuse to go downtown-vic & anthony's in the golden nugget is fantastic and a real throwback to the "ole steak house".  i think there are only 3 or 4 in existence.  a nice change of pace from the strip and cheaper gambing

Yep.

Another downtown recommendation is Oscar's in the Plaza.  While that stupid stage at the end of Fremont partially blocks the view these days, you can sit in the same spot where De Niro and Stone were 'working things out'.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2016, 05:02:06 PM »
Might book or 7/20-22 today.

chick and glow, I will house watch. Deal?
Otherwise, it's another seedy $45 affair for me.

Hellz no.  God knows what kind of skanks you'd be bringing back to our place.  We'd have to have the hazmat folks out afterwards.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2016, 05:03:27 PM »
Yep.

Another downtown recommendation is Oscar's in the Plaza.  While that stupid stage at the end of Fremont partially blocks the view these days, you can sit in the same spot where De Niro and Stone were 'working things out'.

You forgot to mention the Broads they have walking around chattin' up the customers.
Have some patience, FFS.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2016, 11:18:09 PM »
You forgot to mention the Broads they have walking around chattin' up the customers.

"chattin up"?  that's gotta be code for "networking" Ayn'A?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #155 on: July 02, 2016, 07:54:04 AM »
"chattin up"?  that's gotta be code for "networking" Ayn'A?

Actually no.  Oscar's theme is 'old school' Vegas.  They actually do have legitimate hostesses dressed in old fashioned flapper outfits and their job is to engage in friendly conversation with the patrons, male or female.  Politics, sports, whatever.  It's really amazing how well versed these women are.  Typically in their 40s or 50s.  Chick has said she wants the job when we're out there permanently.  And who doesn't enjoy having an intelligent conversation with an attractive lady about the events of the day? 

Kind of like how you guys all like it when chick talks to you now.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 07:55:54 AM by jsglow »

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #156 on: July 02, 2016, 09:31:26 AM »

Chick wondered aloud as to why that never happened to us.  Of course all our smart a*s friends said she needed to walk 10 feet farther away from me.  Ladies night is alive and well out there.

My daughter and my wife spent my daughter's 21st birthday out there. Never got comped either, mostly because my daughter (very attractive 21 year old) was with my wife (very attractive much older than 21).

My daughter did walk around the strip with an I'm 21 today banner and, yes, she turned heads! Place is a hoot.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2016, 11:10:26 AM »
  They actually do have legitimate hostesses

In Subic we called them hostitutes

Death on call

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #158 on: July 02, 2016, 03:21:48 PM »
Actually no.  Oscar's theme is 'old school' Vegas.  They actually do have legitimate hostesses dressed in old fashioned flapper outfits and their job is to engage in friendly conversation with the patrons, male or female.  Politics, sports, whatever.  It's really amazing how well versed these women are.  Typically in their 40s or 50s.  Chick has said she wants the job when we're out there permanently.  And who doesn't enjoy having an intelligent conversation with an attractive lady about the events of the day? 

In trouble or banking points.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2016, 05:45:03 AM »

i did not know that-thanks-so in otherwords, oscar's doesn't host many a stag party then, but then again, there is nothin' wrong with chattin' up a "well versed" 40-50 year old every now and then either...there are still some things they do have, err, know over those little hard bodies.  that old fashioned "school girl" look still has something about it.  same for the cheerleading outfits and french maid get-ups. little trips down nostalgia lane are always good to remember how we got to where we are... :D   

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2016, 07:55:13 AM »
My daughter and my wife spent my daughter's 21st birthday out there. Never got comped either, mostly because my daughter (very attractive 21 year old) was with my wife (very attractive much older than 21).

My daughter did walk around the strip with an I'm 21 today banner and, yes, she turned heads! Place is a hoot.

I'm estimating the over/under on selfies taken that night was 1,475.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #161 on: July 03, 2016, 09:08:08 AM »
i did not know that-thanks-so in otherwords, oscar's doesn't host many a stag party then, but then again, there is nothin' wrong with chattin' up a "well versed" 40-50 year old every now and then either...there are still some things they do have, err, know over those little hard bodies.  that old fashioned "school girl" look still has something about it.  same for the cheerleading outfits and french maid get-ups. little trips down nostalgia lane are always good to remember how we got to where we are... :D   

And just to be clear, it actually is the one notch below 'fine dining' establishment that Vic & Anthony's is down the street.  Pretty good meal at a decent price.  We've also sat at the bar for snacks and drinks.  And it's owned by Oscar Goodman himself.

BTW. V&A is doing a helluva deal right now, even on weekends.  You MUST mention it and present this link on your smartphone.

http://www.goldennugget.com/lasvegas/pdf/eat/Vics-distinctive-dining-Menu.pdf

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #162 on: July 03, 2016, 08:27:18 PM »
I'm estimating the over/under on selfies taken that night was 1,475.

From what I saw when they got back -- Benny you're right on the money!

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2016, 10:28:06 AM »

Gotta love glow using Scoop to get out of whatever dog house he's been living in

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2016, 11:00:55 AM »
And just to be clear, it actually is the one notch below 'fine dining' establishment that Vic & Anthony's is down the street.  Pretty good meal at a decent price.  We've also sat at the bar for snacks and drinks.  And it's owned by Oscar Goodman himself.

BTW. V&A is doing a helluva deal right now, even on weekends.  You MUST mention it and present this link on your smartphone.

http://www.goldennugget.com/lasvegas/pdf/eat/Vics-distinctive-dining-Menu.pdf

Thanks for the link! I think I am in for that one if it's still going on in a couple of weeks. At that price, I could even afford to meet and treat a new lady friend to the same.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #165 on: July 04, 2016, 12:26:31 PM »
Gotta love glow using Scoop to get out of whatever dog house he's been living in

Death on call

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #166 on: July 04, 2016, 02:38:21 PM »
Thanks for the link! I think I am in for that one if it's still going on in a couple of weeks. At that price, I could even afford to meet and treat a new lady friend to the same.

You use coupons on dates?  No wonder they are usually one-and-dones.
Have some patience, FFS.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #167 on: July 04, 2016, 03:40:20 PM »

I think today's honeyko appreciates a man who knows the value of a hard earned dollar. Nothing wrong with a touch of frugality while basting the hen.

Death on call

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #168 on: July 04, 2016, 03:53:46 PM »
I think today's honeyko appreciates a man who knows the value of a hard earned dollar. Nothing wrong with a touch of frugality while basting the hen.

Good to know that you know more about women than, you know, an actual woman....
Have some patience, FFS.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #169 on: July 04, 2016, 07:39:18 PM »
The menu had creme brulee on it.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #170 on: July 04, 2016, 08:06:14 PM »

It's really a great deal.  Certainly 'off menu'.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #171 on: July 04, 2016, 08:14:19 PM »
I'll let you boys in on a little secret.  Chick and I did that V&A special about 3 weeks ago.  Fantastic and with a glass of wine and proper tip I think we walked out for $75pp.  All good.

Heck, we put 2 kids through Marquette. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #172 on: July 04, 2016, 10:11:49 PM »
I'll let you boys in on a little secret.  Chick and I did that V&A special about 3 weeks ago.  Fantastic and with a glass of wine and proper tip I think we walked out for $75pp.  All good.

Yes! I'm not going to advertise it to the broad I find. Well, depends if I'm paying or not. But, if it's some random chick visiting vegas (highly preferred), then yes... let me get the deal without her knowing. If I'm paying for company (can't imagine, hey''''ina?), then I may broadcast it and use it as a negotiation tool.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #173 on: July 05, 2016, 04:33:00 AM »

and these damn steak houses always have the best mac n cheese, hey?  it's almost like, anyone can whoop up a good steak, but check out our mac. 

we were just at marcus chop house at grand geneva.  thought i was in illnoisy.  man, benji woulda been pissed if he woulda seen/tasted out ribeye's though.  they came out over cooked and cold so they tried to soothe our feelings a little with some dried up carrot cake-bad moves all around. the lady next to us was beachin about her prime rib.  not good- the whole resort was hopping-no excuse for bad food

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #174 on: July 05, 2016, 07:37:31 AM »
Marcus is known for chitty food, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"