[Today at 08:35:27 AM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Jockey
[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[June 15, 2024, 07:12:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ahhh, the fresh scent of re-seating is finally here.  (Read 29978 times)

The Lens

• All American
Re: Ahhh, the fresh scent of re-seating is finally here.
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2015, 11:27:16 AM »
Brew-

Been in 219 since 1997.  I will never move.  We share an aisle with the student section and the energy is great.  I am in row P and I would not want to go much lower.   
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2015, 01:22:19 PM »
Re-seating date and time is Thursday, June 4 3:48 p.m. CT for Sir Lawrence.
Hope the on court product improves more than my seats. 

I'm on Thursday, June 4 at 3:49 p.m. CT.  Sir Lawrence, you better not be asleep at the controls or I'll zip right past you!!!
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2015, 01:27:57 PM »
A couple things...never thought of many of the benefits listed. People wanting higher seats never occurred to me, but now that it's been mentioned, it makes sense. In the uppers, it's all about getting as close as possible. Also never gave much thought to the angled seats. Probably because I've never been in angled seats, so I don't know the difference. And of course the benefits of being close to the students vs being close to the best beer stands.

Thanks for all the comments, giving me a lot of food for thought. For those in 218/219, does the backboard/hoop ever obscure the action?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2015, 01:37:31 PM »
I'm on Thursday, June 4 at 3:49 p.m. CT.  Sir Lawrence, you better not be asleep at the controls or I'll zip right past you!!!

Just curious, what is your point total?  I'm at 249. 
Ludum habemus.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2015, 01:40:32 PM »
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2015, 01:49:27 PM »
$100 per minute.  $6,000 to gain an hour?  There must be some other matrix.
Ludum habemus.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2015, 02:02:43 PM »
A couple things...never thought of many of the benefits listed. People wanting higher seats never occurred to me, but now that it's been mentioned, it makes sense. In the uppers, it's all about getting as close as possible. Also never gave much thought to the angled seats. Probably because I've never been in angled seats, so I don't know the difference. And of course the benefits of being close to the students vs being close to the best beer stands.

Thanks for all the comments, giving me a lot of food for thought. For those in 218/219, does the backboard/hoop ever obscure the action?
Sat in 218 A for a season, and the stem of the basket obstructs play on the right side.  Not a huge deal, but annoying.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2015, 03:47:44 PM »

Since 218 = 210 = 204 and 219 = 209 = 205 .. the answer is yes.    We R was in Row A .. his sight lines were effectively under the backboard. Different story above like .. Row D.

.. Basically for all those sections, there is a triangle of the court that is obscured by the hoop.  Even if you're in Row Z, there'd be a small section.

Not a big deal, though.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2015, 07:59:28 AM »
It looks like they changed up some donation levels. It will be interesting to track migration of higher point holders again. With yearly reseating now, I think folks are migrating to lower or no donation levels (more on fixed income, low or no resale value, game product quality) waiting on a program turnaround.  Season tickets down 1500 last year.

I think the yearly reup hurts MU badly.  First, it requires the ticket holder to be much more involved rather than just hitting a renew button with little thought on the two year.  Now they question the schedule, game programming and the fielded product a lot more in a selection choice annually before they go through the involved seat selection process.  Next, it puts immediate pressure on the coach to turn it around. Then the new conference.  Then the game day experience. Then the donations. Is there a better fan experience watching elsewhere.  Fans are trending down on their sentiment and game day experience where MU could just assume loyalty in the old conference before.

I also like to be further up for better sight lines and to view the Jumbotron.  I see the big money seats getting stiff necks looking up and away from the action.  Of course it would be better if they actually showed replays that matter.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2015, 08:29:16 AM »
Spot on, Doc.

MU excels at expecting blind loyalty from it's supporters. They've done next to nothing to make up for the loss of the marquee games the old league offered. The whole experience is stale and dated.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2015, 08:35:04 AM »
I think a lot what you said is correct. You are only stuck with your seats for a year, if you do not like them. I have no trouble looking at the jumboton, but I do have a hard time looking up for the parachutes, which come very close to me, but never land in my hands. I am going to move back a few rows this year, so I can sit in the permanent seats. My seats were really good last year, except for the fact large people kept sitting next to me and encroached on my chair. The permanent seats at least have arm rests to protect your seating space.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2015, 12:41:18 PM »
You the backboard blocks my view, that bothers my wife a lot more than it bothers me.  If the backboard was opaque (how about that word from a COMM major!) it would be a different story.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MUDagwood

• Walk-On
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2015, 04:36:03 PM »
Good points Blackheart.  Especially this major one - refusal of Big East to allow replays in key/controversial situations.  This seemed to come into play A LOT last year.  So frustrating.  If refs are too thin skinned, find a new profession.  At 8pm on a Tuesday in January vs Seton Hall, I'd rather be sitting in my living room with a fire roaring and a broadcast that shows replays.

It looks like they changed up some donation levels. It will be interesting to track migration of higher point holders again. With yearly reseating now, I think folks are migrating to lower or no donation levels (more on fixed income, low or no resale value, game product quality) waiting on a program turnaround.  Season tickets down 1500 last year.

I think the yearly reup hurts MU badly.  First, it requires the ticket holder to be much more involved rather than just hitting a renew button with little thought on the two year.  Now they question the schedule, game programming and the fielded product a lot more in a selection choice annually before they go through the involved seat selection process.  Next, it puts immediate pressure on the coach to turn it around. Then the new conference.  Then the game day experience. Then the donations. Is there a better fan experience watching elsewhere.  Fans are trending down on their sentiment and game day experience where MU could just assume loyalty in the old conference before.

I also like to be further up for better sight lines and to view the Jumbotron.  I see the big money seats getting stiff necks looking up and away from the action.  Of course it would be better if they actually showed replays that matter.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2015, 08:47:05 AM »
Good points Blackheart.  Especially this major one - refusal of Big East to allow replays in key/controversial situations.  This seemed to come into play A LOT last year.  So frustrating.  If refs are too thin skinned, find a new profession.  At 8pm on a Tuesday in January vs Seton Hall, I'd rather be sitting in my living room with a fire roaring and a broadcast that shows replays.

+1000

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2015, 10:35:57 AM »
Half right. I'm always in the arena, but there needs to be replay.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2015, 05:16:47 PM »
Moved down two rows.  No complaints with the process. 
Ludum habemus.

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2015, 05:37:19 PM »
Moved down two rows.  No complaints with the process. 

Good things happen when you respect the process.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2015, 05:48:33 PM »
So how are y'all doing so far? Chick and I slid down the pecking order some this year.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2015, 05:51:55 PM »
So how are y'all doing so far? Chick and I slid down the pecking order some this year.

Just chilling until Saturday afternoon.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2015, 10:31:45 PM »
Hmmm .. the cust# and password I used last year .. doesn't work.  Maybe they email a new one on the day of your time?  (Mine is tomorrow night..)

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2015, 10:41:37 PM »
They should have already have emailed it to you.  I got mine a week ago or so.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2015, 11:00:15 PM »
I moved up 7 rows on purpose. From 227 row F to 200 row M. From folding chairs to permanent seats in a center section. What I found interesting was that my last years seats were blocked out. I assume it has something to do with the new student seating.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2015, 08:18:07 AM »
They should have already have emailed it to you.  I got mine a week ago or so.

Thanks .. found it!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2015, 10:54:42 AM »
The feedback on the moving of press row is going to be interesting. That is 68 prime lower bowl seats not now available.  So donors may have moved up considerably with donations, and not have the choices they had previously. Long standing holders like Bilsu now having to move to other selections. It didn't just affect 68 people, the migration will affect a lot more of long-time season ticket holders and donors. Worse, MU pulled this after the April deadline for donations. That section is pretty prime.

I think time will show this concept of getting students closer to the floor was misplayed. Fact is, between breaks where students are back home, weekday games during class times, loss of revenue, this redesign is just going to leave more holes. The opposite side behind the basket are typically the last lower bowl seats to go.  MU should have moved the band over there (at every game, break or no) to create a some sort of student bow tie and left the press where they were until the new arena was built. Honestly, the band interacts more with all the fans than just the students. MU is not Duke in that its brand is reliant on the urban fan (more like the professional team fans) to fill in the seats for 6-8 games when the students are not in session (see the failed Al experiment).

We'll see the reactions as time goes on here...could be overblown. My guess is this will alienate quite a few.  MU donors don't like change.

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2015, 11:00:09 AM »
I think getting students closer to the floor should have happened long ago.  If you want a really good game day atmosphere that is necessary.   What places that have been known for great game day atmosphere had the students farther away then what MU had last year. 68 means I might have move back 1 row.