Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ahhh, the fresh scent of re-seating is finally here.  (Read 29794 times)

DienerTime34

• All American
Re: Ahhh, the fresh scent of re-seating is finally here.
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2015, 11:02:29 AM »
The feedback on the moving of press row is going to be interesting. That is 68 prime lower bowl seats not now available.  So donors may have moved up considerably with donations, and not have the choices they had previously. Long standing holders like Bilsu now having to move to other selections. It didn't just affect 68 people, the migration will affect a lot more of long-time season ticket holders and donors. Worse, MU pulled this after the April deadline for donations. That section is pretty prime.

I think time will show this concept of getting students closer to the floor was misplayed. Fact is, between breaks where students are back home, weekday games during class times, loss of revenue, this redesign is just going to leave more holes. The opposite side behind the basket are typically the last lower bowl seats to go.  MU should have moved the band over there (at every game, break or no) to create a some sort of student bow tie and left the press where they were until the new arena was built. Honestly, the band interacts more with all the fans than just the students. MU is not Duke in that its brand is reliant on the urban fan (more like the professional team fans) to fill in the seats for 6-8 games when the students are not in session (see the failed Al experiment).

We'll see the reactions as time goes on here...could be overblown. My guess is this will alienate quite a few.  MU donors don't like change.

Everything will change again in 2-3 years with the new arena. Should be a positive one for everyone.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2015, 11:07:42 AM »
I think getting students closer to the floor should have happened long ago.  If you want a really good game day atmosphere that is necessary.   What places that have been known for great game day atmosphere had the students farther away then what MU had last year. 68 means I might have move back 1 row.   

Is the issue getting the students closer?  I don't think that is the case...but it is the press taking those prime seats.  My point on the students was to bow time them behind the baskets, which are less prime but still right on top of the action on both ends/halves.  I don't have a solution for the "press elite", however, until the new arena.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2015, 11:14:16 AM »
The feedback on the moving of press row is going to be interesting. That is 68 prime lower bowl seats not now available.  So donors may have moved up considerably with donations, and not have the choices they had previously. Long standing holders like Bilsu now having to move to other selections. It didn't just affect 68 people, the migration will affect a lot more of long-time season ticket holders and donors. Worse, MU pulled this after the April deadline for donations. That section is pretty prime.

I think time will show this concept of getting students closer to the floor was misplayed. Fact is, between breaks where students are back home, weekday games during class times, loss of revenue, this redesign is just going to leave more holes. The opposite side behind the basket are typically the last lower bowl seats to go.  MU should have moved the band over there (at every game, break or no) to create a some sort of student bow tie and left the press where they were until the new arena was built. Honestly, the band interacts more with all the fans than just the students. MU is not Duke in that its brand is reliant on the urban fan (more like the professional team fans) to fill in the seats for 6-8 games when the students are not in session (see the failed Al experiment).

We'll see the reactions as time goes on here...could be overblown. My guess is this will alienate quite a few.  MU donors don't like change.
The 68 seats that you are referring are those 216 W-Z?
I would not consider these prime lower bowl seats. By that I mean that I often sit in this section W-Z,  buying single game seats for nearly every game. I would say 1/3 to 1/2 of the seats are not season ticket holder seats. They are open to the public or other season ticket holders for every game. So, not every seat was lost revenue from season ticket holders in this section and the number of previous section 216 w-z season ticket holders is lessened.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2015, 11:34:15 AM »
The 68 seats that you are referring are those 216 W-Z?
I would not consider these prime lower bowl seats. By that I mean that I often sit in this section W-Z,  buying single game seats for nearly every game. I would say 1/3 to 1/2 of the seats are not season ticket holder seats. They are open to the public or other season ticket holders for every game. So, not every seat was lost revenue from season ticket holders in this section and the number of previous section 216 w-z season ticket holders is lessened.

I said "pretty prime" meaning they sell out and get a pretty good seat donation. There may be an odd seat or two in there but they sell out, or you may get on resale. The last to go usually are behind the home basket (not the lower seats) and are typically the entry level spot from fans migrating down from the uppers.  Those press row seats are about $63,240 in lost revenue and donations.  Not a big deal in itself...and MU obviously thinks they can spread that out.  It is more the irk factor I am speculating on. 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2015, 11:52:49 AM »
The feedback on the moving of press row is going to be interesting. That is 68 prime lower bowl seats not now available.  

I've been seating in Sec 212 and 216 w-z for years. It has not been a ticket or two, it's been 15+ singles in these areas---I know cuz this is where I've sat and ask the ticket office or saw it on the my ticket site. By buying that seat for a single game there is no donation, so it can't be counted as lost revenue--only in the sense of lost walk up $,  cuz it is not a season ticket holders seat. Maybe it changes this year, but it hasn't recently.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:55:09 AM by We R Final Four »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2015, 12:15:15 PM »
I've been seating in Sec 212 and 216 w-z for years. It has not been a ticket or two, it's been 15+ singles in these areas---I know cuz this is where I've sat and ask the ticket office or saw it on the my ticket site. By buying that seat for a single game there is no donation, so it can't be counted as lost revenue--only in the sense of lost walk up $,  cuz it is not a season ticket holders seat. Maybe it changes this year, but it hasn't recently.

Might the season package be bought by ticket brokers? I imagine they still have to pay the donation, but on high profile games can recoup that cost on the secondary market.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2015, 12:51:46 PM »
Nope--MU ticket office not 2ndary market.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2015, 01:45:20 PM »
Nope--MU ticket office not 2ndary market.

There are lot of odd numbers in a row at the BC, and folks buy in 2s or 4s so I can see that with the singles.  That is a lot in a lower bowl section but that is also an oddly designed section. I know this is press row for the NCAAs as well so maybe not a biggie after all. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2015, 01:52:17 PM »

June 5, 7:37. 

BTW, if you posted in this thread last year ...

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=41942.0

Looks like I was 7:41pm last year, so I moved up 4 minutes! 

I went from 4:25p to 1:50p on Saturday this year... woot.  And I even dropped my B&G donation by a hundred bucks last year.

Has anyone else noticed much more availability upstairs this year compared to last year (at the same time during reseating)?  24 hours before my appt. last year, a lot of seats in my section were gone... this year, it's still wide open 24 hours prior.

Either everyone's moving downstairs or there's going to be a feeding frenzy in my sections over the next 23 hours 58 minutes.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2015, 02:03:32 PM »
I went from 4:25p to 1:50p on Saturday this year... woot.  And I even dropped my B&G donation by a hundred bucks last year.

Has anyone else noticed much more availability upstairs this year compared to last year (at the same time during reseating)?  24 hours before my appt. last year, a lot of seats in my section were gone... this year, it's still wide open 24 hours prior.

Either everyone's moving downstairs or there's going to be a feeding frenzy in my sections over the next 23 hours 58 minutes.

After reseating last year, MU opened up sections of the student section that didn't students didn't buy to packages.  At the rail, season ticket packages that sold well.  I suspect that supply will help the uppers.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 04:40:41 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2015, 02:17:11 PM »
I moved up 7 rows on purpose. From 227 row F to 200 row M. From folding chairs to permanent seats in a center section. What I found interesting was that my last years seats were blocked out. I assume it has something to do with the new student seating.
Not sure. 227 has nothing to do with the new student section. That's 216 for the new press row.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2015, 02:21:10 PM »
The feedback on the moving of press row is going to be interesting. That is 68 prime lower bowl seats not now available.  
I think it's 89 seats. One person I know is not happy about it, but he complains about many things.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:24:50 PM by bradley center bat »

GOO

• All American
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2015, 04:33:02 PM »
I think it's 89 seats. One person I know is not happy about it, but he complains about many things.
I don't mind complaining.  For the real press that is actually doing media coverage and reporting for media outlets that people actually pay attention to, give them decent seats.  For the rest of them, put them in the upper deck, please!  There will be a bunch of seats sitting empty unless it is a really big game, and then most of the press people are not "real" media types, but just get good seats to watch from.

Matt V should get a center court seat for himself as well, for as long as he keeps up the great coverage.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2015, 04:42:51 PM »

Yeah, I think you are right on 89 blocked. I thought I heard the lower number (68) as being affected. So that was too low.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2015, 07:43:37 PM »
With my reseating time being exactly the same as last year, I didn't move up in rank .. and there was WAY more supply this year.    In past years, I was never able to sniff anything in the center sections .. this year there were 10+ row choices there, not to mention 25+ more row choices in the 3 corner sections I slum in.

No surprise .. demand is down.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2015, 08:14:02 PM »
With my reseating time being exactly the same as last year, I didn't move up in rank .. and there was WAY more supply this year.    In past years, I was never able to sniff anything in the center sections .. this year there were 10+ row choices there, not to mention 25+ more row choices in the 3 corner sections I slum in.

No surprise .. demand is down.

Be interesting to see if MU does a new season ticket discount when they make them available in July. It'll be interesting to see how much the season ticket base declines this year.  Last year we lost 1500 combined between alumni and students.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2015, 08:56:41 PM »
My seating time was better than last year, by 3 min  .. Got our same seats again, 4 years running..  Got exactly what we wanted. Could have possibly moved down 1 row, but chose our row again..  We love our end of aisle ..  I have place for my beer...  ;-)  priorities ya know... walk right in....  sit right down ..... Perfect.. Life is good.. ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 07:45:02 AM by guzica »

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2015, 08:25:46 AM »
Just think if MU played in a facility like the Cintas Center at Xavier.  9-10,000 seats all with great sight lines.  The Bradley Center really only has about 6000 good seats (between the baselines) and about 4000 decent seats.  The rest are largely poor seats and go unused for about 75% of MU games.  I sit behind the hoop in decent seats in terms of viewing.  In a different facility they would be good seats.

The point is that if the new facility doesn't cater to hockey, the number of good seats for MU basketball will increase.  Whether that translates to more ticket sales and revenue really depends on demand.  Regardless, it will make the experience for us in "decent" seats much improved.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2015, 09:14:51 AM »
Very happy with the options that remain as I'm about 7 hours away from being able to pick. Quite a few good looking rows available in the sections I'm targeting.

One more question...how is the difference between the permanent seats and the folding chairs? Looks like for the most part, the first 8 rows are folding and behind that is permanent seating. Could anyone give a rundown of how they compare in terms of comfort and accessibility?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2015, 09:27:20 AM »
Also...does anyone know if the donations from buying seats are factored into your B&G donations for points? So if I buy 2 in 218 with donations of $240 combined, does that get me $10 away from another B&G point for future seating consideration?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2015, 09:37:27 AM »
The point is that if the new facility doesn't cater to hockey, the number of good seats for MU basketball will increase.  Whether that translates to more ticket sales and revenue really depends on demand.

Sales will only increase with better on-court performance.   I doubt the universe of people who .. refuse to buy tickets today because they "can't get a decent seat" .. is small.  If you're a fan, you're a fan.

Very happy with the options that remain as I'm about 7 hours away from being able to pick. Quite a few good looking rows available in the sections I'm targeting.

One more question...how is the difference between the permanent seats and the folding chairs? Looks like for the most part, the first 8 rows are folding and behind that is permanent seating. Could anyone give a rundown of how they compare in terms of comfort and accessibility?

Brew, I've been in that boat .. hours before your time, you see lots of good seats left.  Unless you are talking about the upper deck .. those good lowers will disappear.  Figure about 60-75 seats per hour are going to disappear, so about 500, and the lowers mostly go first.

As for folding vs. regular .. most people prefer the regular chairs.   The folding ones don't have armrests, so there's more encroachment from the two fisted slopper next to you.

Also...does anyone know if the donations from buying seats are factored into your B&G donations for points? So if I buy 2 in 218 with donations of $240 combined, does that get me $10 away from another B&G point for future seating consideration?

Yes, the BGF seat donation factors in to your total.  This is one reason the people with the center seats keep them .. they are forced to do $360 per year per seat, so for 2, $720 a year, compared to the $240 the rest of the lower bowl is paying.  That's +5 points a year right there.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2015, 09:50:16 AM »
Brew, I've been in that boat .. hours before your time, you see lots of good seats left.  Unless you are talking about the upper deck .. those good lowers will disappear.  Figure about 60-75 seats per hour are going to disappear, so about 500, and the lowers mostly go first.

Yeah, that happened to me in the uppers the past couple years. With the change in how seats were selected, more people moved to the wing sections I liked (441, 425, etc) and I watched my own seats disappear before I could pick them again. My hope right now is that there are 2 together, Row S or better in 217, 218, 210, 211, 203, or 204. If not, 219, 209, and 205 have a ton of availability, so that's my backup plan.

As for folding vs. regular .. most people prefer the regular chairs.   The folding ones don't have armrests, so there's more encroachment from the two fisted slopper next to you.

Yes, the BGF seat donation factors in to your total.  This is one reason the people with the center seats keep them .. they are forced to do $360 per year per seat, so for 2, $720 a year, compared to the $240 the rest of the lower bowl is paying.  That's +5 points a year right there.

Thanks!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2015, 10:55:45 AM »
Even with the press row, it looks like there is plenty of lower bowl inventory as Topper said. Good luck, Brew.

The corner slices filled (205, 209, 219) in faster last season earlier than in the past.  I think there were three reasons for this: Lack of winning, lower donation in a crappy season, you couldn't see or pick the seats you wanted and people wanted to assure an aisle seat.  They are not bad seats, but go higher as the view is better.  It looks like people are leaving  those sections this season as they were wide open. The leg room in the permanent seats is bad, but the padded seat partners can be intrusive, as Topper said. Neither are comfortable.

But, with the drop off in season ticket holders, and even more this round, the lowers may last longer. Even last season, there were swaths of empty seats in the lowers for a lot of games.  I think a dried up secondary market also affects selection. I know a lot of people from Chicago who just buy the upper end zones now and just attend weekend games have moved up there as a result.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2015, 11:42:28 AM »
Ahhh, just done.  For reasons I won't go into our point total was down considerably this past year.  But still around all our old friends.  Come join chick and I in 400.  Still good seats down low.  Looking at you young pup 03eng.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2015, 12:34:49 PM »
I pick in 20 minutes, not going to improve. May actually move into the corner to get an aisle.

feedback