Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ahhh, the fresh scent of re-seating is finally here.  (Read 29793 times)

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Ahhh, the fresh scent of re-seating is finally here.
« on: May 12, 2015, 11:58:27 AM »
Re-seating date and time is Thursday, June 4 3:48 p.m. CT for Sir Lawrence.
Hope the on court product improves more than my seats. 
Ludum habemus.

MUDPT

• All American
Re: Ahhh, the fresh scent of re-seating is finally here.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 12:27:30 PM »
I'm June 6 at 3:54.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 01:02:13 PM »
June 3, 4:08

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 01:17:23 PM »
June 6 3:59 p.m. CT

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 02:07:11 PM »
Re-seating date and time is Thursday, June 4 3:48 p.m. CT for Sir Lawrence.
Hope the on court product improves more than my seats. 

Amen, especially as my seats have gotten worse each of the past 3 years  :-\

June 6 at 4:41.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 03:21:23 PM »
Buying from you guys, 2 to 5 days before game day, probably 5 or 6 games, great seats in the lower bowl each time.  Coming from Chicago, it has been too hard for me to know well in advance which games I can go to, and I know I can't go to them all.  The small premium on the secondary market for 5 or 6 games is less than I would pay for tickets I would likely eat if I had a whole season package (the 5 game packages have worked for me a couple of times, but usually I would wind up missing 2 or 3).  So, here's to better seats for all, and a robust secondary market.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 03:37:39 PM »
Buying from you guys, 2 to 5 days before game day, probably 5 or 6 games, great seats in the lower bowl each time.  Coming from Chicago, it has been too hard for me to know well in advance which games I can go to, and I know I can't go to them all.  The small premium on the secondary market for 5 or 6 games is less than I would pay for tickets I would likely eat if I had a whole season package (the 5 game packages have worked for me a couple of times, but usually I would wind up missing 2 or 3).  So, here's to better seats for all, and a robust secondary market.
I would not count on that happening this year. Call it the Ellenson effect.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 03:44:31 PM »
I'm planning to move downstairs for the first time this year. Looking at a few sections. Any advice from more experienced heads as far as the $120 donations go? I'm looking at 203, 211, 217, 218, and 219. Heard a lot of good things about the Fighting 218th, and I like the idea of being close to the students (441 is a great section upstairs), but if anyone has thoughts, I'd love them.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 03:51:48 PM »

June 5, 7:37. 

BTW, if you posted in this thread last year ...

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=41942.0

Looks like I was 7:41pm last year, so I moved up 4 minutes! 

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 03:56:30 PM »
I'm planning to move downstairs for the first time this year. Looking at a few sections. Any advice from more experienced heads as far as the $120 donations go? I'm looking at 203, 211, 217, 218, and 219. Heard a lot of good things about the Fighting 218th, and I like the idea of being close to the students (441 is a great section upstairs), but if anyone has thoughts, I'd love them.

I like the SW corner (208-211) for proximity to the specialty beer stand and Baseline Bar.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 04:33:55 PM »
Brew   Sect 203 seat donation is more than $120... I think like $300.... :-[

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 05:04:30 PM »
Brew   Sect 203 seat donation is more than $120... I think like $300.... :-[

Not according to the map they sent out today. 203 is $120/seat, but next to it in 202 you pay $360/seat.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/marq/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/MBBPrices1314.pdf

kaps77

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 05:16:09 PM »
I've been in 218 row Z for many years.  Love my seats and wouldn't consider another section.  However, that said, this is the year I am finally giving up my season tickets.  This past year, I went to one game.....ONE GAME!  Way too many conflicts with kids' activities.  Ate a few games worth of tickets, sold a few other games, gave a few away.  

I, too, will be looking for tickets on the secondary market, or will consider the 5 game plans.
Regardless, Brew, 218 is awesome....near the student section, great angle/view of the court.  You will love the section!!!!

FWIW, my reseating time is June 6th 12:49

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 05:29:56 PM »
Brew--I have sat in every section in the lower bowl and a lot in the upper as well. If you sit in lower corners, don't go too low. Sometimes Row A-C (for example) are open. I would advise against that. If in the corners--go higher rather than lower.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 05:46:14 PM »
Brew .. I've lived in 203/204 and 210/211. 

203 its mirror 211 (and 217) .. have the benefit of being closer to center .. but the seats are NOT at a diagonal, not pointing toward center, which means your head (or body) is shifted to center for the entire game.     That's not awful, but just to be noted.

I've been hovering around row G, but to be noted the angle tends to get blocked by the net, and, for example, you may not see the feet of guys shooting 3s on the far side.   I'd say all rows G-S are just fine, give you a good view.   Beyond S and you are a little high up.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 07:58:44 PM »
Then they changed the $$$ for 203..  I agree with Hilltopper... 203 and 211  you have to crank your head watching the action..  We like the angled sections..

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 08:40:19 PM »
I would not count on that happening this year. Call it the Ellenson effect.
[/quot

you can get good seats to every MU game no matter how good they are--and here's to hoping that the price is a bit higher due to te Ellenson effect!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2015, 08:52:46 PM »
June 5, 6:24.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 04:29:07 AM »
SOS, as a recent grad need help with the process.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 06:43:00 AM »

1) Put down your $100 deposit and get assigned a time. Then put down your preferences. This includes how you will pick (I recommend online at your assigned time), which sections you prefer, if you want aisle seats or not, etc.

2) If you pick a section that does not require a donation, you are able to pick your exact seats. This includes upper deck sections in the corners and end zones. I had seats in 441 for a few years and really enjoyed them. It was right next to both the students and a beer stand, while also giving a good view of the game. Just log in at your time and click the vacant dots you want and they are yours.

3) If you pick a section that requires a donation (center upper and everything downstairs) you cannot pick your exact seat, but your preferences will come into play. When your time comes, you will see what sections and rows have seats available. Instead of exact seats, it will say something like 6/14 seats remaining. Remember the aisles tend to go first, so if you want aisle seats, try to pick a row that has 12-14 seats remaining, at least 10 for any guaranteed shot at an aisle. The staff will try to meet your desires as best as possible. That's why the survey helps. Tax laws prevent you from picking the exact seat because of the donation, but you can whittle it down pretty narrowly. If there's 14/14 available and you say "I want X row in Y section, preferably with my 4 seats closest to the aisle nearest center court" you can be pretty well assured you will get that exact location.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 08:18:35 AM »

I believe new season ticket holders will select after the renewals are done. I know that's been the case in the past.

System couldn't be easier to get through, if you run into any issues the ticket office is very helpful.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2015, 08:34:21 AM »
When you're picking online it goes fast, so get some choices and options lined up ahead of time.  Log on early before your time to familiarize yourself with everything.  You can even see seats disappear when other people pick their seats while you watch.

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2015, 08:36:30 AM »
Friday, June 5 4:00 p.m

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2015, 08:51:59 AM »
I personally like going down to the AL. You get the most updated PICKS and easier to talk to the  staff when you're there to relay your choices..  ;-)  ..  I just kinda worry about picking using the internet, if it "freezes", then it might be left up to them to pick.  I wouldn't be happy then..   :-((

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2015, 11:05:27 AM »
When you're picking online it goes fast, so get some choices and options lined up ahead of time.  Log on early before your time to familiarize yourself with everything.  You can even see seats disappear when other people pick their seats while you watch.

Very true. I would recommend logging in a few hours before to get an idea of what is left, then if possible watch at least the 30 minutes before your pick. Makes it a lot easier to know exactly what you want once your time comes. As I was always able to pick exact seats before, I usually had my choices narrowed to 2-3 different seat selections in the final 10 minutes and always got one of those top options.

feedback